The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Whos applied for Graphic Design at Sheffield Hallam?

I have applied to the graphic design course at Sheffield Hallam this year 2013, I was just wondering who else has applied?

Scroll to see replies

Me! Interview on Feb 6th :smile:
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 2
Me! Interview 23rd jan

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by castintoforever
Me! Interview on Feb 6th :smile:

Mines on the 6th of Feb too!
Original post by econgreve
Mines on the 6th of Feb too!

See you there then! :biggrin:
Reply 5
See you there then! :biggrin:

Sure will! Pretty nervous about it all tbh. Are you currently doing graphics?
Reply 6
me!! mines 30th jan :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by shannon_12x
me!! mines 30th jan :smile:

oh really? I'm really nervous for my interview!
Do you know what's happening with the interview process? I know it's a group discussion
Sure will! Pretty nervous about it all tbh. Are you currently doing graphics?

No, but I'm doing Foundation at the moment. Really not sure what the interview will be like! D:
Reply 9
No, but I'm doing Foundation at the moment. Really not sure what the interview will be like! D:

Me either, I'm currently doing a BTEC art and design, so this graphic design course will be so different! The interview process sounds slightly scary haha
oh really? I'm really nervous for my interview!
Do you know what's happening with the interview process? I know it's a group discussion

me too i'm excited though! all i know is the group discussion and a tour of the facilities, then i'm guessing there's a one on one interview? not sure though. i've not done a foundation but i'm retaking a year of a levels to get better grades so hope i get in, fingers crossed
Reply 11
Original post by shannon_12x
me too i'm excited though! all i know is the group discussion and a tour of the facilities, then i'm guessing there's a one on one interview? not sure though. i've not done a foundation but i'm retaking a year of a levels to get better grades so hope i get in, fingers crossed

Oh right, from what I read I was guessing the group part was the interview but in front of everyone. I have not taken a graphics course, so I have no idea what to expect, but should be good. Fingers crossed too
Reply 12
Had my interview today, it's basically 35 people split into groups of 7, with one tutor per group. 30 minute chat in the group, then watch a presentation while they look through portfolio without us. Really chilled out, nothing to worry about at alllll

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by Gabjermy
Had my interview today, it's basically 35 people split into groups of 7, with one tutor per group. 30 minute chat in the group, then watch a presentation while they look through portfolio without us. Really chilled out, nothing to worry about at alllll

Posted from TSR Mobile

That sounds good! In the 30min chat with the group was there many questions to answer ect?
Reply 14
That sounds good! In the 30min chat with the group was there many questions to answer ect?

The tutor asked everyone to briefly describe the process they went through for a project of your choice, and if he felt you didn't describe it fully he asked a question eg, who inspired you etc... You only get a few minutes before he moves onto the next person. After everyone had spoke we left our portfolios on the table and went to watch a presentation, then when we came back all portfolios had been left open on his favourite page, which I thought was nice

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
The tutor asked everyone to briefly describe the process they went through for a project of your choice, and if he felt you didn't describe it fully he asked a question eg, who inspired you etc... You only get a few minutes before he moves onto the next person. After everyone had spoke we left our portfolios on the table and went to watch a presentation, then when we came back all portfolios had been left open on his favourite page, which I thought was nice

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to brother you, again. When you say processes do you mean: techniques through the project? Or can it be describing why you choose to do it and the meaning behind it a long with artists that's inspire you?
Reply 16
Sorry to brother you, again. When you say processes do you mean: techniques through the project? Or can it be describing why you choose to do it and the meaning behind it a long with artists that's inspire you?

Don't worry, basically anything you want to say about it, either the process, or the brief, or why you did it, literally anything. It's really brief, one or two minutes talking

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, is there a one on one thing as well or just the group stuff? Thanks
Reply 18
Hi, is there a one on one thing as well or just the group stuff? Thanks

No, it's all in a group of about 7

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Don't worry, basically anything you want to say about it, either the process, or the brief, or why you did it, literally anything. It's really brief, one or two minutes talking

Posted from TSR Mobile

In your portfolio did you include any sketchbooks?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending