The Student Room Group

should my gf know?

Was out last and coming out of the takeaway i noticed my friend who was absolutely smashed so i walked with her n put her in a taxi and she was saying "i love you but i also love your gf (miss x)" kinda laughed it off as drunken rambles and as i got her to the taxi "no im serious i would definetly **** you but i love miss x n never want her to hate me"

So i walk home with my mates (full of pride) but i dont think much of it but about half an hour later i get home and get a text saying "omg im so so sorry please dont tell x im sorry" so i reassure her and tell her everythings fine n not to worry but then the next she says "no its not ok that i really like you its bad of me sorry sorry sorry" and the convrrsation goes on for a bit.

Now its unlikely to ever cause an issue ever cos me n gf dont see a lot of her any more but when we do we all get a long really well and weve got a lot of time for her so should i tell her?
My gf reads my texts (not out of mistrust just cos she finds a lot of them funny) n ive always bee cool with that so she could find out that way but if i delete them it feels like im covering something up and hiding it from her but then if i tell her then that could cause awkwardness with the friendships. Also my gf knows i find this girl fit as **** and is currently in another country for the year so dont want to give her reason to worry.

What should i do?

Also on a sidenote for about three years before i was going out with my gf i would have given my left arm to shag the brains out of her i still would if i were single, talk about crap timing. Stupid being in love n wanting to marry my gf.

Scroll to see replies

She doesn't need to know.
Reply 2
If the situation was reversed, would you want your girlfriend to tell you?
I would probably tell her, to avoid anything later on. If she finds out you hid things from her it could cause tension.
Just tell her nothing will happen and when Miss X said it she was drunk.

Plus trust in a relationship is really important. She should trust you to tell her these things and you should trust her to be able to rise above it.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
You just wanted to brag to TSR that you have a gf and some other chick that wants to **** you, didn't you?
Reply 5
Perhaps tell your girlfriend what happened as a story you'd tell your other half. She shouldn't think much of it as nothing happened. And like the person said above, if this happened to your girlfriend, would you want her to tell you?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 6
I wouldn't tell my gf.

Deffo try to smash her friend in secret if she's fit.

But then again it sounds like she has verbal diarrhea after a few drinks. Maybe settle for a BJ.
Reply 7
Personally, I wouldn't really want to know. Don't need to either.
Reply 8
My ex told me when another guy asked her out, and I was really glad she did. It was much better than it would have been if she'd hidden it from me. I knew she wasn't to blame for other guys fancying her, and that she had handled it well. We both had a bit of a laugh about it.

But that's the male perspective. Girls - based on my experience, at least - tend to react to things slightly differently.
Reply 9
The only possible solution here is a threesome.
Reply 10
I think you should tell your girlfriend. Yes, it might make things a bit awkward with this girl but it's worth it to have honesty in your relationship and you did nothing wrong so it's not like she's going to be mad. It might sound a bit mad but my boyfriend told me when one of his friends was hitting on him and it was nice, cos it meant that a. I could trust him to tell me things and b. I could trust him not to do anything stupid (and he, like you, had had a crush on this girl before we got together).
Reply 11
Absolutely nothing good will ever come from you telling your girlfriend..
Reply 12
Original post by danny111
You just wanted to brag to TSR that you have a gf and some other chick that wants to **** you, didn't you?

haha yeah kinda. i wanna brag to my whos trying to get in there but i promised to keep it quiet so thought i'd brag here :P

Original post by Yawn11
I wouldn't tell my gf.

Deffo try to smash her friend in secret if she's fit.

But then again it sounds like she has verbal diarrhea after a few drinks. Maybe settle for a BJ.

ive considered all the options n it would almost certainly get back to the gf :frown:
I don't think you need to tell your girlfriend just to avoid any awkwardness between her and that girl. But if you do decide to tell her try not to act as if you're bragging or proud of it because it would probably piss your girlfriend off a little.
It'll just get awkward if she is told.
Original post by Anonymous

ive considered all the options n it would almost certainly get back to the gf :frown:

Wow. Poor girlfriend.
haha yeah kinda. i wanna brag to my whos trying to get in there but i promised to keep it quiet so thought i'd brag here :P

So you actually considered trying to get with this girl behind your girlfriend's back?

Gee. What a great boyfriend you are :rolleyes:
Reply 17
Original post by Sakura-Chan
Wow. Poor girlfriend.

Original post by desdemonata
So you actually considered trying to get with this girl behind your girlfriend's back?

Gee. What a great boyfriend you are :rolleyes:

i joke i joke.
Reply 18

Should she know what this girl said to you? Debatable.

Should she know that you've actually considered cheating on her with this girl and are a pretty **** boyfriend? Yes.
If that happened to my boyfriend then he would 100% tell me, and I would do the same if it happened to me. It shouldn't cause tension if you trust each other. Also there's nothing wrong for your friend to like you in that way, it's perfectly natural and your girlfriend shouldn't feel threatened by it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending