The Student Room Group

IGCSE's then A levels?

Hi everyone,

I will be taking IGCSE's next year, and after I finish I will probably be going to a school doing A-levels. Most people I know take just take GCSE's then A levels, or IGCSE's then IB's. My question is, in the future will universities care if I do IGCSE's the A levels? Or would they prefer someone who does IGCSE's then IB's or GCSE's then A levels (not a mixture)?
Reply 1
Original post by unbelievable99
Hi everyone,

I will be taking IGCSE's next year, and after I finish I will probably be going to a school doing A-levels. Most people I know take just take GCSE's then A levels, or IGCSE's then IB's. My question is, in the future will universities care if I do IGCSE's the A levels? Or would they prefer someone who does IGCSE's then IB's or GCSE's then A levels (not a mixture)?

They won't care in the slightest. Every year, there are 1000s of students who do a mix of GCSEs and IGCSEs or just IGCSEs and then move on to A levels - or to the pre-U, or to IB.
Reply 2
Thanks
Im doing the same as you. Have been doing a mixture of Gcses and iGCSes and then will go on to alevels in september. I've already been accepted by my two sixth forms (one unconditional, one conditional) so you should have no problems- ITS THE GRADES THAT MATTER

Quick Reply

Latest