The Student Room Group

CCEA C2 18 Jan 2013

hey did anyone do this test today?
Reply 1
Original post by RK94
hey did anyone do this test today?

Yeah I did.

Thought the paper was pretty standard, nothing horrible. Though there were some tricky questions where it required logic more than anything (like the swimming pool with the 2 circles).

How did you find it?
Reply 2
i thought it wasnt too bad! you remember what you got for it?
Reply 3
Original post by RK94
i thought it wasnt too bad! you remember what you got for it?

Perimeter- 80 something metres?

Area- 519m^2? something like that.
Reply 4
Original post by xDanny 117
Perimeter- 80 something metres?

Area- 519m^2? something like that.

yeah got that too! :biggrin: what did you get for binomial expansion and area under graph?
Reply 5
Original post by RK94
yeah got that too! :biggrin: what did you get for binomial expansion and area under graph?

Binomial - 61236 is the term independent of x

Area under graph = triangle + area under curve between 0 and 4.

= 10 2/3 sq units! :smile: (or was it 10 1/3? It was one of those :biggrin:!)
Reply 6
Binomial - 61236 is the term independent of x

Area under graph = triangle + area under curve between 0 and 4.

= 10 2/3 sq units! :smile: (or was it 10 1/3? It was one of those :biggrin:!)

yepp same again! but were you supposed to write 61236 to 3sf? i wrote it as 61236 aswell!
did your teacher go through it or anything?
Reply 7
Original post by RK94
yepp same again! but were you supposed to write 61236 to 3sf? i wrote it as 61236 aswell!
did your teacher go through it or anything?

I just left it as 61,236
I don't see how they can penalize for not writing to 3.s.f when 61,200 is NOT the term independent of x! haha
My teacher went through the binomial expansion and all the answers we're saying are the agreed answers between me and the people in my maths class. We should do well! :biggrin:
Reply 8
I just left it as 61,236
I don't see how they can penalize for not writing to 3.s.f when 61,200 is NOT the term independent of x! haha
My teacher went through the binomial expansion and all the answers we're saying are the agreed answers between me and the people in my maths class. We should do well! :biggrin:

yeah thats what i was thinking too! thats great news :biggrin: those were the hardest questions, the rest were pretty simple i think!

what did you write for the converging limit?
Reply 9
Original post by RK94
yeah thats what i was thinking too! thats great news :biggrin: those were the hardest questions, the rest were pretty simple i think!

what did you write for the converging limit?

Good luck in march with the results!
Reply 10
I feel that the test was a bit easy, had problems with 7 (Binomial Distribution), and was just curious what every one got for the height of the strip for the trapezium rule. I got 2, but not entirely sure if it's correct or not.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 11
i got 114m for that question. hoping to do well in c2 as didnt do so well in c1. anyone know what an A grade is?
Reply 12
Original post by jkpmc
i got 114m for that question. hoping to do well in c2 as didnt do so well in c1. anyone know what an A grade is?

Yeah I got 114 as well! An A will probably be 80%! The test wasn't very hard nor very easy so it should stay around 80%
Original post by judemcg
I feel that the test was a bit easy, had problems with 7 (Binomial Distribution), and was just curious what every one got for the height of the strip for the trapezium rule. I got 2, but not entirely sure if it's correct or not.

Yes the height of a strip was 2 so when you subbed it into the formula the 'h/2' turned into '1'.
I also got 114 metres for that question :smile:
Reply 14
anyone do ccea s1 today

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending