The Student Room Group

Cambridge Offer Holders - A2 Retakes

Hi,

If you are an offer-holder, do Cambridge mind if you retake an A2 unit in June in order to maximise the chances of getting an A*? It's just that I've heard of Cambridge asking you to declare UMS marks in August and didn't know whether they would mind a retake or not.

Thanks.
Reply 1
Bump.
Reply 2
Original post by Myrell23
Bump.

Do you mean A2 or AS?

The way they assess you is to look at your whole application both on paper and interview.
However there is a ranking system and this is where they count your UMS. The rule is that all the UMS marks you have achieved count, both AS & any A2 with the exception of post qualification applicants where AS resits in the second a-level year don't count. (Resits from Jan to June are OK).

If you get an offer then as long as you meet the offer by the following August you are OK even if it includes resits.

You need to read section 1.4.4 onwards for a full
http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/offices/admissions/handbook/section1/1_4.html
Reply 3
Yes, I meant retaking an A2 module that was first sat in January again in June of the same year. I wasn't sure because I've heard that UMS scores have to be declared in August after results day and I didn't know whether a retake after receiving an offer would be allowed. Thanks for the reply.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending