The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zeegie
I second this....although I know how frustrating it can be and it sometimes seems better to just avoid the whole thing by not getting involved in the first place.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't see what the issue is with being yourself is all :/

The way I say it, if people can't deal with me, it means I need to surround myself with better people. And if that's and I'm sitting alone at the canteen, then so be it.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3381
Original post by Warlord
All the time. When I used to act like that, they would always respond quickly etc, when I act nice,its like they take liberties. Annoying as ****. I still do not want to revert to being like that again, but damn, it is so annoying.

And ye, but you are probably the sweetest person on here, so I have to give you credit for something :smile:

oh right....yeah that happens a lot :frown: ...i guess it might just be some form of human nature...like chasing after the ones who ignore them, whilst ignoring the ones who chase them...its like if a hot stranger told a girl she's fit, she wont mind, but if it was some other averagey looking bloke, she'll find it pervy ( just an example...a lot of girls probs arent like this i know that)....and they will go after seeking attention from those who dont look or talk to them whereas those who take an interest just put them off....

nawwwwwwwwww :biggrin: lol pretty sure im the bitch on here but okay haahaaaaaaa

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zeegie
oh right....yeah that happens a lot :frown: ...i guess it might just be some form of human nature...like chasing after the ones who ignore them, whilst ignoring the ones who chase them...its like if a hot stranger told a girl she's fit, she wont mind, but if it was some other averagey looking bloke, she'll find it pervy ( just an example...a lot of girls probs arent like this i know that)....and they will go after seeking attention from those who dont look or talk to them whereas those who take an interest just put them off....

nawwwwwwwwww :biggrin: lol pretty sure im the bitch on here but okay haahaaaaaaa

Posted from TSR Mobile

That explains a lot. I just assumed girls like being treated respectfully. Well, most ofc do. But some clearly dont then. Hmm, very interesting. Thanks :smile:
Original post by Warlord
That explains a lot. I just assumed girls like being treated respectfully. Well, most ofc do. But some clearly dont then. Hmm, very interesting. Thanks :smile:

Surely those that chase after guys that disrespect them, don't respect themselves?

Only an observation.

Reply 3384
Original post by moonietoot
I don't see what the issue is with being yourself is all :/

The way I say it, if people can't deal with me, it means I need to surround myself with better people. And if that's and I'm sitting alone at the canteen, then so be it.

so so true, but its easier said than done...it really distracts you from the things in your life that are actually important....and then you begin to doubt yourself a lot....and for some reason it seems to be an arduously difficult thing to be the real you....i know none of what ive written makes any sense whatsoever but mehhhh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zeegie
so so true, but its easier said than done...it really distracts you from the things in your life that are actually important....and then you begin to doubt yourself a lot....and for some reason it seems to be an arduously difficult thing to be the real you....i know none of what ive written makes any sense whatsoever but mehhhh

Posted from TSR Mobile

It makes sense. It makes absolute sense. But if you know people aren't good for you, when you start doubting yourself, you pull yourself away no matter how much it hurts. It's like an allergic reaction to chocolate. It's SOOO tasty but it may increase your eczema or may contribute to your high blood glucose concentration. So you stop eating it no matter how hard it is because its the best thing to do. I know people are a lot different to people. I needed to use an analogy lol

Reply 3386
Surely those that chase after guys that disrespect them, don't respect themselves?

Only an observation.

bearing in mind it could be something subconscious and they'll find it difficult to control their feelings....at the end of the day, when u develop infatuations of some sort, it does take over ur rationale and logical judgment...and yet as a person mite very well be self respecting

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zeegie
bearing in mind it could be something subconscious and they'll find it difficult to control their feelings....at the end of the day, when u develop infatuations of some sort, it does take over ur rationale and logical judgment...and yet as a person mite very well be self respecting

Posted from TSR Mobile

Getting attached to those that don't respect you is ... No comment. Don't do it. Surround yourself with good people. That's all I can say. If its hard, stay alone. Read books. Indulge in baked goods

Reply 3388
It makes sense. It makes absolute sense. But if you know people aren't good for you, when you start doubting yourself, you pull yourself away no matter how much it hurts. It's like an allergic reaction to chocolate. It's SOOO tasty but it may increase your eczema or may contribute to your high blood glucose concentration. So you stop eating it no matter how hard it is because its the best thing to do. I know people are a lot different to people. I needed to use an analogy lol

I get you :smile: i just think the pulling away is the hard bit...when **** happens to you repeatedly from a bunch of people, it is so easy to think it is you who needs to change and sort urself out, when in actual fact u wud just need to take a step back and tell urself that its not u, its them, and their fault for not getting you....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3389
Original post by Warlord

Isn't that what I told you via PM bro? :wink:
Reply 3390
Getting attached to those that don't respect you is ... No comment. Don't do it. Surround yourself with good people. That's all I can say. If its hard, stay alone. Read books. Indulge in baked goods

Lol my mum says that all the time hahahaha....I defo think praying helps a lot....enables you to clear your thoughts and you dont have to share it with anyone else.....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zeegie
I get you :smile: i just think the pulling away is the hard bit...when **** happens to you repeatedly from a bunch of people, it is so easy to think it is you who needs to change and sort urself out, when in actual fact u wud just need to take a step back and tell urself that its not u, its them, and their fault for not getting you....

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree. It is hard.

Life...come at me, bro, or sis, or whatever confused gender you may be. COME AT ME

Original post by Zeegie
Lol my mum says that all the time hahahaha....I defo think praying helps a lot....enables you to clear your thoughts and you dont have to share it with anyone else.....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Prayer is all you need :smile: lol it'll never let you down. You might let it down though. Not you specifically.
I say this about myself first before I say it about anyone else.

Ahhhhh. I'm TIRED !!! should I sleep or nottttt to sleep - dilemma

Original post by Maryb_101
LOOOL i find that even more offensive :tongue:

I should teach you how to be offensive in a modest way :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello all m back

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by UnknownPerson
Hello all m back

Posted from TSR Mobile

Welcome back. :smile:

Reply 3396
Prayer is all you need :smile: lol it'll never let you down. You might let it down though. Not you specifically.
I say this about myself first before I say it about anyone else.

Ahhhhh. I'm TIRED !!! should I sleep or nottttt to sleep - dilemma

Lol life is a confused gender indeed :biggrin:

Yeah...IGY :smile:
Hahaha go on get ur sleep :wink: im off nows coz have to get up at 5 to drive to B'ham fuuuarrrkkkk

Posted from TSR Mobile
Welcome back. :smile:

Had to make some food ... Finally realised my cooking skills are next to none

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3398
Original post by UnknownPerson
I should teach you how to be offensive in a modest way :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Shareef style :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile