The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3460
Original post by Revent
Sis you better be taking a gap year :wink: **** biomed science unless you don't get the grades which you deffo will :smile:

Lol i just wanna do med :biggrin: dunno what i'll do if i dont get any offers...gap year maybe...depends on when i get to that situation...dont want to spend my whole life at uni hahaha
Reply 3461
Original post by Zeegie
Lol i just wanna do med :biggrin: dunno what i'll do if i dont get any offers...gap year maybe...depends on when i get to that situation...dont want to spend my whole life at uni hahaha

Take a gap year though, it's a lot easier :smile: Graduate entry is SOOO much more competitive to be honest.
Original post by MedMed12
I think one is enough :l

hey! dont stereotype :tongue:

You ever tried both? :wink:

Not stereotyping, just not my piece of cake, them prudes :tongue: :teehee:
Original post by Revent
Take a gap year though, it's a lot easier :smile: Graduate entry is SOOO much more competitive to be honest.

You ever tried both? :wink:

Not stereotyping, just not my piece of cake, them prudes :tongue: :teehee:

just asking but if worst comes to worst, and you get nothing this year, what will you do then?
defo id say, but it depends as one of my friends started uni and applied durign first year (some places were strict about this but alot said she could) and she got three offers, so moved into first year med after first year of chemistry.

eww no
you'll be surprised how dirty some are and that sort of talk/behaviour is not really my cup of tea
(edited 11 years ago)
Mathematics > Physics
Physics is so boring D: although I wont deny its relevance.

Hey physics is not boring the numbers have a meaning lol :tongue: I hate the electronics stuff and waves tbh I like the particle and quantum mechanics as well as astrophysics side as they're more interesting and there's still a lot to be found
Original post by Numan786
Hey physics is not boring the numbers have a meaning lol :tongue: I hate the electronics stuff and waves tbh I like the particle and quantum mechanics as well as astrophysics side as they're more interesting and there's still a lot to be found

aha im joking physics nerd :P I personally prefer chemistry :smile: then biology and then physics
aha you were applying for something physic-y this year right?
Reply 3465
just asking but if worst comes to worst, and you get nothing this year, what will you do then?
defo id say, but it depends as one of my friends started uni and applied durign first year (some places were strict about this but alot said she could) and she got three offers, so moved into first year med after first year of chemistry.

eww no
you'll be surprised how dirty some are and that sort of talk/behaviour is not really my cup of tea

I'm probably applying for deferred anyway :tongue: :lol:

Yeah, but that is REALLY tough and a waste of £9k ya know :wink:

:lol: Well, it's a lot of fun :wink:

Really? Point me to these Pakistani girls please :biggrin: :wink:
Original post by Revent
I'm probably applying for deferred anyway :tongue: :lol:

Yeah, but that is REALLY tough and a waste of £9k ya know :wink:

:lol: Well, it's a lot of fun :wink:

Really? Point me to these Pakistani girls please :biggrin: :wink:

seriously?! why? what are you going to do for another whole year out? aha!
also, but what if you dont get any offers? reapply again? :O I know some people who have
ahah when parents are paying the money is no problem and no learning is wasted
ewwwww
and ewww again
im off, night
Original post by Revent
Not too bad, it's actually quite relaxing :smile: Nice! Any plans on life now that you're almost out of uni? :smile:

I work at a hospital :smile:

Mhm..:p:

Nah, I doubt you have it in you sis :wink:

Cool sounds good. Could do with a nice holiday myself lol. Just taking each day as it comes to be honest :smile: no huge plans yet.
Original post by LegendX
Acha acha pharmacy achi degree hain. Have your parents had the talk with you where they tell you to get a first in your degree or not to come home at all yet?:biggrin:

Lol :biggrin::wink:
Reply 3469
Anyone up??
Original post by UnknownPerson
Hahaha noooo we get trained to work with power generatiom, renewable energy, designing projects and etc ... But with electricAl i can also work with electronics so you just work for companies like Arup where you work as a consultant designer and etc .. Quite interesting well for me anyway ... What course are you planning to apply for

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh man that sounds too physicsy:mathsy for me and I seriously suck at both |:

Psychology I shall be doing. Not that I want to do it but I'm like COME AT ME BRO

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
not sure what word youve tried to cover up there, but whatever it is, all I can say is, then they have no taste nor class.
jeez, what happened to chivalvry :P

med where you been! Long time no see. Lol, use your imagination :smile:
I am quite chivalrous now I believe, I was just saying that sometimes its a bit annoying when being nice is taken for granted. Its a bit difficult to explain unless it has happened to you.
Original post by Warlord
med where you been! Long time no see. Lol, use your imagination :smile:
I am quite chivalrous now I believe, I was just saying that sometimes its a bit annoying when being nice is taken for granted. Its a bit difficult to explain unless it has happened to you.

aha well the usual- exams atm. This year will be over too soon and hopefully everything will pay off.
1. woo hoo! Glad to hear!
2. No, I know what you mean. The only thing I can conclude from that is, if you do not respect yourself, no one will respect you (especially in the asian community).
Within the asian community, I've experienced what I initially would have said to be 'bad experiences' are now perhaps a good thing because you can now deal with the situation better and are more likely to cope with ungrateful people in the future. ahah!
I'd recommend when trying to help people never go entirely out of your way, unless you're close to them or know they will appreciate it or you can do it still and think well i've done my act of kindess and if they abuse it, its their loss. Many will use you over and then dump you (silly people dont realise, if they are still nice to you, they could easily use you again, but thats where lack of common sense comes in hah) :P
The main point being, anyone who disrespects someone who shows respect to them is actually insulting themself in a way by truly showing how rude they are imo.
Ignore me, I tend to rant on about things like this :P
(edited 11 years ago)

The main point being, anyone who disrespects someone who shows respect to them is actually insulting themself in a way by truly showing how rude they are imo.
Ignore me, I tend to rant on about things like this :P

Ranting is interesting to read.

I think it comes down to not changing your nature. If you meet such people along this path of life, maybe completely avoiding them isn't the way, imagine if you had to see them every day of your life? Just take precautions. Someone may be 'bad' to you, doesn't mean you should change your good self in order to be vengeful/spiteful/ignorant towards them. I'm sure if you saw a bad person drowning you'd do what you can to save them. [I say I'm sure but maybe that's just me(even though I can't swim)]. So yeah. Take precautions. Let your conscience be your guide in whatever you do. But most importantly, do things that make you happy :smile:

Happiness is key to victoryyyyy I tell youuu 😎

(edited 11 years ago)
aha im joking physics nerd :P I personally prefer chemistry :smile: then biology and then physics
aha you were applying for something physic-y this year right?

Lol you med nerd and yeah a physics degree and I'm thinking a conversion at the end to nuclear engineering
P.s. bad person could mean anything!!! Depends on the situation and how the individual/group is towards you

P.p.s my rants are usually just rants and never to offend anyone as that's not my intention so people please don't take it to heart!

K gracias :smile:

Original post by Numan786
Lol you med nerd and yeah a physics degree and I'm thinking a conversion at the end to nuclear engineering

oh sounds rather impressive :tongue: anything engineering related does anyway haha it just goes over my head

Original post by moonietoot
Ranting is interesting to read.

I think it comes down to not changing your nature. If you meet such people along this path of life, maybe completely avoiding them isn't the way, imagine if you had to see them every day of your life? Just take precautions. Someone may be 'bad' to you, doesn't mean you should change your good self in order to be vengeful/spiteful/ignorant towards them. I'm sure if you saw a bad person drowning you'd do what you can to save them. [I say I'm sure but maybe that's just me(even though I can't swim)]. So yeah. Take precautions. Let your conscience be your guide in whatever you do. But most importantly, do things that make you happy :smile:

Happiness is key to victoryyyyy I tell youuu

oh definitely. I work by the principle, have morals and stick to them. For example, a group of asians I know wanted to sneak off and do sheesha at a fam event and I'm not in favour of it, so I said I'll stay behind. I ended up sitting with the aunties in the hall ahah and at first, the girls were all like 'ahh come on only sheesha' etc etc but tbh they only were smoking sheesha because it was 'in' and 'cool' at the time. Now, they do worse stuff and are known as 'not so shareef' but thankfully I get respect for standing my ground.
aha even medical experts say if someone is drowning and you're a weak swimmer, dont go in because if you put yourself at risk, then two people are in dangerous and if you're the only other person, who will call for help?
exactly!

aha even medical experts say if someone is drowning and you're a weak swimmer, dont go in because if you put yourself at risk, then two people are in dangerous and if you're the only other person, who will call for help?
exactly!

Good for you for standing your ground.

That was a really bad example but because I can't swim, I don't necessarily have to jump in. I can call for help? I can pass him/her something to grab a hold of. And I'm sure statistically your fight flight systems kick and and with all the adrenaline rushing through you, you'll try and do all you can to help.
I'd rather be selfless and die than not try at all.

But to each their own.

I don't believe everything medical experts say :smile:

Reply 3478
Is it common in birmingham to put apples in chanaa chaat?!?!???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zeegie
Is it common in birmingham to put apples in chanaa chaat?!?!???

Posted from TSR Mobile

hahaha :P erm I dont think so :tongue: maybe its just this one random person
i go to bham alot and ive never experience that (I dont think)

Latest