The Student Room Group

Can I give GCE exam..Please Help me..

M frm India,at present studyng B.A ...My class 12(equivalent to GCE A level)score was pretty low..I want to study Law in top Universities of UK...Here British Council is offering GCE exam twice/thrice a year..I want to knw if i sit for this exam and if i get good marks here,is there any chance of getting into a good university for LLB in UK?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by rt15
I am an international student.m frm India....my age is 20+ at present m pursuing in 2nd year of B.A...My class 12(equivalent to GCE A level)score was pretty bad..I want to study Law in top Universities of UK...Here British Council is offering GCE exam twice/thrice a year..Can i give this?and how much benifit i will get if I secure A grade in those?..please help me

You can take A levels at any age, but (forgive my bluntness) having read your post the best thing to do would be to try and improve your English which doesn't appear to be anywhere the standard needed to read Law at a decent English university.
Reply 2
Thanx for ur suggestion
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Data
You can take A levels at any age, but (forgive my bluntness) having read your post the best thing to do would be to try and improve your English which doesn't appear to be anywhere the standard needed to read Law at a decent English university.
No my question is that my class 10th exam(equivalent to gce o level)was completed in 2009 from our country's state board now if i gv the gce exam in 2013 it is possible that the University may not accept my marksheets as i hv completed my secondary in 2009 and A level in 2013 instead of 2011..isnt it?...and in case of english language let me tell u i need to practice a lotttt..but thts nt a great issue according to me....cz my marks in English was not so poor cmparing to the other subjects marks
Original post by rt15
No my question is that my class 10th exam(equivalent to gce o level)was completed in 2009 from our country's state board now if i gv the gce exam in 2013 it is possible that the University may not accept my marksheets as i hv completed my secondary in 2009 and A level in 2013 instead of 2011..isnt it?...and in case of english language let me tell u i need to practice a lotttt..but thts nt a great issue according to me....cz my marks in English was not so poor cmparing to the other subjects marks

The year you finish A levels won't matter.

Just because your marks in English were better than other subjects doesn't make you good at the language, don't you think native speakers would be better examiners of your ability? I also agree with Data on this, while your English isn't bad in writing, it's not good either, and when people are taught languages in class they tend to be much better writers than speakers.

Quick Reply

Latest