The Student Room Group

G063 - OCR ICT Exam - How to revise? Too much content!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by POWW!
OMG I KNOW! I literally cried! what would've been an A last year was a freaking C/D this year!

exactly :/ no one in my class got past a C :|
Reply 61
Original post by AranStar
exactly :/ no one in my class got past a C :|

Yup it was Tragic! Are you gonna bother resitting it?
Reply 62
Original post by POWW!
Yup it was Tragic! Are you gonna bother resitting it?

Nope, i can't be bothered with the stress :smile:
Reply 63
Original post by AranStar
Nope, i can't be bothered with the stress :smile:

Same xD
Reply 64
I am trying to start revising for this exam, and also the G061 exam :frown: but i am always stuck with revision, i find the thing that lets me down is my answering of the questions and exam tecnique :s-smilie: I was wondering if it best to do past papers with the book or not? or any other revision tecniques ?
thanks
Reply 65
Original post by _holly_
I am trying to start revising for this exam, and also the G061 exam :frown: but i am always stuck with revision, i find the thing that lets me down is my answering of the questions and exam tecnique :s-smilie: I was wondering if it best to do past papers with the book or not? or any other revision tecniques ?
thanks

I would just say make your own notes, for me the exam papers are only useful for an indication on where you're at. Make your own notes and test yourself on them then rewrite those notes again. I would only suggest past papers after you've done all your notes and are prepared cause then you can practice your exam technique. GL :smile:
Exam is this THURS and im not confident! anyone have any good last min revision notes?
Reply 67
I don't know if you mean G061 as I have that on thursday, but I think last minute revision should be on those discussion questions, If you can do well on it then you'll probably jump up a grade boundary!

Not saying that I'm looking forward to the exam, but I've revised a lot, hopefully it will pay off.
for g063 are u following the new or the old spec beacause the spec has been changed
hello can someone help me with this spec point as it not on OCR ict book:

Describe how mobile technology and networks can enable communication from anywhere in the world.
Reply 70
How do you answer the discuss questions?! What is an impact and what is a consequence?
Reply 71
Original post by Genticbeast
hello can someone help me with this spec point as it not on OCR ict book:

Describe how mobile technology and networks can enable communication from anywhere in the world.

research triangulation, i think thts wat it was
Original post by fb1204
How do you answer the discuss questions?! What is an impact and what is a consequence?

An impact is something that results immediately after said event. A consequence are the results that occur as time progresses due to the impact.

My teacher said to answer them in a "null hypothesis" style, making one or two valid arguments for the hypothesis, then one or two valid arguments against the hypothesis. I've found that some questions though are very hard to answer like this... other than that, I don't know if there's a better style.
are u all ready for the exam!
Original post by 0range
research triangulation, i think thts wat it was

oh ok thank u but is a dicuss question so do i just have to explain how trinagulation work?
Reply 75
How did we all find this one? I'm hoping for low grade boundaries! Really couldn't understand the 'compare knowledge and information' question!
Reply 76
Original post by Naji45
How did we all find this one? I'm hoping for low grade boundaries! Really couldn't understand the 'compare knowledge and information' question!

Was a tough paper tbh. That questions you had to talk about pre existing knowledge and the information had to be enough for a task to be done effectively and there shouldn't be too much to confuse the user
Reply 77
How did everyone find the January 2013 paper? 1/21/13? What questions caught you out?
I found it easy, on the whole... but then again this is OCR we're talking about; the king of lulling students into false senses of security!

The only question I had to BS myself through was the DFD, I might've gained one or two marks by luck. The last essay question was also a bit of a motivation killer. It was tricky to use the "null hypothesis" skeleton on it, and I found myself putting it out of context for the most part, so I think I may've dropped > half marks on it. Overall though I thought it was a fair paper.

If anyone did draw the DFD could they upload a replica of what they put, if possible?
what did u write for the WIMP question

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending