The Student Room Group

Arsey's S1 Edexcel Answers 18th Jan 2013

Scroll to see replies

For question 6a, I drew the probability distribution table in a different way. I drew it like this:

B | 1 1 3 3 5 5

PX=x |1/6 1/6 1/6 1/6 1/6 1/6

Do you think i will lose all of the marks?
Reply 181
Original post by otrivine
Hi arsey how are you :smile:

quick question for D1 do you think scheduling could come up and what do u predict will be the D1 harder than june 2012

recovering from a winter bug, otherwise good thank you.

Well it will either be scheduling or Gantt. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a tricky scheduling but it will probably be a Gantt.

I would hit those definitions hard. Practice paper B is a great paper to go over, stacks of definitions on it.

My guess would be slightly harder than a standard paper. If they wanted to make it trickier they could hammer you with a hard linear programming, so spend some time going over those. Especially awkward ones where you may need to use simultaneous equations then point testing around the decimal answer. Partially forming from the context is pretty much certain.

Maybe drawing an activity network, from a precedence table.
Reply 182
Original post by JackersAFC
For question 6a, I drew the probability distribution table in a different way. I drew it like this:

B | 1 1 3 3 5 5

PX=x |1/6 1/6 1/6 1/6 1/6 1/6

Do you think i will lose all of the marks?

yes
Reply 183
Original post by ljh950912
Is there any possibility that the exam board will accept both answers or something? Having seen what people have said, almost half of the people got 0.0139. In addition, bad wording is kinda their fault, isn't it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

no, zero
You saw the mark scheme right? So are your answers the correct one?
Original post by Arsey
recovering from a winter bug, otherwise good thank you.

Well it will either be scheduling or Gantt. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a tricky scheduling but it will probably be a Gantt.

I would hit those definitions hard. Practice paper B is a great paper to go over, stacks of definitions on it.

My guess would be slightly harder than a standard paper. If they wanted to make it trickier they could hammer you with a hard linear programming, so spend some time going over those. Especially awkward ones where you may need to use simultaneous equations then point testing around the decimal answer. Partially forming from the context is pretty much certain.

Maybe drawing an activity network, from a precedence table.

Thats good :smile:

the june 2012 had a hard linear programming.
Do you mean those types

what about c3 ?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 186
Original post by thebadboy761
Hey just wamted to point out your last question is wrong
your b join c should be be 0.09 check it with a join b 0,35 x 0.45 does not equal to 0.13

Instand, you should use the fact that it is mutual exclusive to find auc=0.65 and then you find the answer.

I used your method too, so i know its wrong. My friend told me the right method afterwards but i forgot it

:smile:

I know for absolute certainty that I am right as a) I have taught this for over 15 years and b) I have the actual mark scheme.

P(AnB) only equals P(A) x P(B) when they are independent.
Original post by cera ess six
irrelevant to S1 but you have any predictions for C3 this Jan? you predicted the 'Sum of' formula for C2 in may!

iherwn
Reply 188
Thats good :smile:

the june 2012 had a hard linear programming.
Do you mean those types

what about c3 ?

they could make it ten times harder than that one if they wanted to.
Original post by Arsey
they could make it ten times harder than that one if they wanted to.

Are you joking ? are they going to be that cruel :frown:

What other hard questions can I do ,I did all the past paper questions and the mixed exercise
Reply 190
Original post by cera ess six
iherwn

I have not been teaching C3 last term so I don't know off the top of my head what has been on the last few papers. If I get chance I will have a look.
Reply 191
Are you joking ? are they going to be that cruel :frown:

What other hard questions can I do ,I did all the past paper questions and the mixed exercise

Check out my revision thread on D1. Do the practice papers, particularly B.

I also uploaded all of the old spec papers which I adapted to new spec. Some of those had harder linear programming ones and trickier scheduling.
Reply 192
Original post by thebadboy761
You saw the mark scheme right? So are your answers the correct one?

I got hold of the mark scheme after I wrote my solutions but yes.
Original post by Arsey
Check out my revision thread on D1. Do the practice papers, particularly B.

I also uploaded all of the old spec papers which I adapted to new spec. Some of those had harder linear programming ones and trickier scheduling.

I will do that! do you think there will be quick sort , they have not asked that in jan and june 2012? Do you think there will be flow charts?

what do u think about c3
Reply 194
Dayummmmmmm, I failed.
Well, I expected the paper to be harder than this tbh..
Only question i found tough was the games one with the tree diagram - messed that one up nicely. Also a few stupid marks here and there..

Overall, a pretty nice paper compared to others..
Reply 196
Thank you so much, that made my day, did much better than expected, some questions were nothing like the past exams!
Reply 197
for the last question to work otu the probability of B and C, i did the probability of B and A' x probabilty C?
why is that wrong.... because a and C are mutually exclusive????
Reply 198
I will do that! do you think there will be quick sort , they have not asked that in jan and june 2012? Do you think there will be flow charts?

what do u think about c3

good call, binary search perhaps. Full bin packing.

Differences between Prim's and Dikky. Prim's on a matrix
Original post by Arsey
good call, binary search perhaps. Full bin packing.

Differences between Prim's and Dikky. Prim's on a matrix

True! thanks, what about flow chart or is that easy ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending