The Student Room Group

Duty free into Ibiza (San Antonio)

hello, sorry if this is in the wrong section. I'm just wondering how much Vodka I can buy in Birmingham (England) Duty Free to take onto the plane to Ibiza?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
i cant remember the figure but go to heathrows [or which ever airport you feel like] website they have a list somewhere failing that just google restrictions within the EU, its quite large from what i remember although itd probably be cheaper buying it out there to be honest. It may be duty free here but my god do they put a mark up on it -_-
Reply 2
Original post by seana39223
hello, sorry if this is in the wrong section. I'm just wondering how much Vodka I can buy in Birmingham (England) Duty Free to take onto the plane to Ibiza?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't do it! Just buy it over there a litre of good vodka was 10euros! Local stuff was even cheaper about 8 euros for a litre
Original post by LC_x
Don't do it! Just buy it over there a litre of good vodka was 10euros! Local stuff was even cheaper about 8 euros for a litre

Second this.

Do lots of predrinking because alcohol in clubs is expensive, as is water but that's due to other reasons... :wink:
Original post by LC_x

ewww, dont drink the local vodka
Reply 5
Thanks so much for all the help guys! I never realised the shops in Ibiza would be cheap as I know the club prices are very expensive.

I plan on mainly predrinking tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Tokyoround
Second this.

Do lots of predrinking because alcohol in clubs is expensive, as is water but that's due to other reasons... :wink:

Sorry I don't get the joke, why is Water expensive?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry I don't get the joke, why is Water expensive?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh you'll understand when you're out there :flute:
Reply 8
Original post by Tokyoround
Oh you'll understand when you're out there :flute:

Haha okay thanks, does the water contain something?
Reply 9
The tap water is very heavily chlorinated. Yeh defo buy your booze when you're out there, much cheaper than the airport duty free.
Definitely wait until you're there. Duty is payable on alcohol when you're travelling within the EU, and then you'll get souped up airport prices. A standard bottle of vodka in a Spanish supermarket is about ten euro.
Reply 11
Original post by stevop21
The tap water is very heavily chlorinated. Yeh defo buy your booze when you're out there, much cheaper than the airport duty free.

Thanks for that heads up :biggrin:
Reply 12
Original post by stevop21

Thanks for that heads up :biggrin:

dont know wether stevo is being sarcastic or not but this is not the reason for bottled water being so expensive in clubs.. :redface:

outside the clubs bottled water is reasonably priced just like any other place you wouldnt drink the tap water.
Reply 13
Original post by LC_x
dont know wether stevo is being sarcastic or not but this is not the reason for bottled water being so expensive in clubs.. :redface:

outside the clubs bottled water is reasonably priced just like any other place you wouldnt drink the tap water.

I was, hahaha re-reading it, it didn't convey well at all did it??
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest