The Student Room Group

I arranged a date with someone from a sugardaddie website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Anonymous
I live in a fantasy world of pink and blue mountains, Anastasia Steele and Christian Grey worked out fine :smile:.

Okay, on a serious note, I am looking for a long term partner and have always been attracted to older men. I joined the site out of curiosity and to be honest, I find the men on there creepy and pervy. The only seemingly normal guy is this one I've arranged a date with. I only paid for a 1 month subscription and will not be renewing.

I have read testimonials from people who found love through the site, so it's not impossible to get a normal relationship out of it.

Oh I also have a friend who started dating a partner from her law firm when we graduated, he was 44 and she was 22. He's now 50 and she's 28. They are deeply in love.

Fantasy worlds are lovely but they aren't the basis of a sound life. :smile:

It sounds as if you know what you're doing, but to take your last snippet, isn't that a case of a serious relationship that emerged over time between them and they were working together, so at least it was based on something more solid than just a wish? For sure I realise loads of attractive girls marry their top bosses at work, but maybe they get to learn enough on both sides for it to not be a straight gold-digging thing on one side and a total perve on the other?
50 shades of grey was my trigger lol

There are much better sites to join if 50 shades was your trigger.
Maybe an actual BDSM / kink site for one.
Reply 62
Original post by SoNottingH
Fantasy worlds are lovely but they aren't the basis of a sound life. :smile:

It sounds as if you know what you're doing, but to take your last snippet, isn't that a case of a serious relationship that emerged over time between them and they were working together, so at least it was based on something more solid than just a wish? For sure I realise loads of attractive girls marry their top bosses at work, but maybe they get to learn enough on both sides for it to not be a straight gold-digging thing on one side and a total perve on the other?

I'm not a golddiger and you cannot for certain state this guy to be a perv.
Reply 63
I'm not a golddiger and you cannot for certain state this guy to be a perv.

Oh for sure, I was making a general comment in that bit about the sort of guy who you yourself admitted might frequent such sites.
Reply 64
If you want old saggy grandad balls in your face then fine be my guest.
OP, have any of these comments helped you decide what to do, or are you just now more worried about it all? :redface:
Reply 66
Original post by SoNottingH
Oh for sure, I was making a general comment in that bit about the sort of guy who you yourself admitted might frequent such sites.

Right. I have received a large number of responses from men on the site, if I was so desperate for money as you seem to suggest, then surely I should have gone out with every guy who has messaged me by now, regardless of age, how they look, the red alert on my pervdar and description on profile.
Reply 67
Women :rolleyes:
Reply 68
Original post by Suzanne123
OP, have any of these comments helped you decide what to do, or are you just now more worried about it all? :redface:

Thanks for your neutral responses and not judging me.

Yes I will go, I'm not so worried about it at the moment, because the guy might not even be attracted to me.

If he is attracted to me, then i'll have to tell him that I've decided that the sugardaddy thing isn't my scene, and see how he responds. Either way, I'd like to think he's decent enough to respect my decision.

Sorry I didn't give you the name of the site, I don't think the moderators allow that.
Reply 69
Original post by Hadouken
If you want old saggy grandad balls in your face then fine be my guest.

Lol the only guy I like is 45 and very good looking.

Yes I will go, I'm not so worried about it at the moment, because the guy might not even be attracted to me.

If he is attracted to me, then i'll have to tell him that I've decided that the sugardaddy thing isn't my scene, and see how he responds. Either way, I'd like to think he's decent enough to respect my decision.

Sorry I didn't give you the name of the site, I don't think the moderators allow that.

Just make sure you absolutely do tell a friend or someone the details, just to be on the safe side :smile:
Reply 71
Rich older alpha males use dating websites? sounds legit
People in this thread are being so judgemental. Yeah, it's not your cup of tea, neither is it mine.

What's wrong with two people entering an arrangement when they both know the expectations of that arrangement and agree to it anyway? They aren't hurting anyone (with the exception of married "daddies" who are on the lookout for a younger sugarbaby).
Original post by bananaslug77
People in this thread are being so judgemental. Yeah, it's not your cup of tea, neither is it mine.

What's wrong with two people entering an arrangement when they both know the expectations of that arrangement and agree to it anyway? They aren't hurting anyone (with the exception of married "daddies" who are on the lookout for a younger sugarbaby).

I think the problem is that the OP seems a bit deluded to the type of older guys who usually use websites like this.
Reply 74
He's not looking for a gf. If you're not into the concept, why did you arrange the date, let alone join the site? This is retarded.

I'm not against it for moral reasons or anything, I just don't know what the purpose of this thread is.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by WelshBluebird
I think the problem is that the OP seems a bit deluded to the type of older guys who usually use websites like this.

I agree that if you're going to enter into this kind of arrangement you need to know exactly who and what you're dealing with.
Original post by bananaslug77
I agree that if you're going to enter into this kind of arrangement you need to know exactly who and what you're dealing with.

She has said she isn't interested in the sugardaddy bit and wants to find an alpha male older guy to date.
You are not going to get that on these kind of websites.
Reply 77
50 shades of grey was my trigger lol

50 shades of grey has a lot to answer for.

Good luck.

Be sure to tell a friend or someone, just to be on the safe side. Keep us updated. :smile:
Reply 79
Original post by WildBerrySpirit
Good luck.

Be sure to tell a friend or someone, just to be on the safe side. Keep us updated. :smile:

Thank you, and also for not being judgemental.

If I fancy him and it turns out he is interested and wants more in terms of a NSA relationship, what do you think the best thing to do?

On his profile it says he's not limited to a sugardaddy relationship.

Quick Reply

Latest