The Student Room Group

How often do you see your bf/gf?

Wondering really because my bf keeps saying we see each other too much, and it has got me questioning how often others see their partners?

A lot of my friends live with their partners, so I often feel it is a bad sign if someone feels you are seeing each other too much. How does that bode for moving in together? Not well, surely.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well how much do you see your boyfriend?

And I see mine only at the weekends but every other weekend I will stay over his - so not much but it has to be that way due to university and work commitments.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I see him about every weekend or so, but it would be a lot more often if we weren't separated by a 4 hour train journey.
Reply 3
at the moment it's only once or twice a week what with it being the final year of uni, we both to go the same one but live some distance apart and have very different timetables. Generally she stays over Monday to Tuesday or Tuesday to Wednesday. We see each other Thursday for a few hours as we both have a 2hr break at the same time between lectures, though in a few weeks her timetable changes, so it'll probably only be the once a week for two ways until the middle of April.
Original post by desdemonata
I see him about every weekend or so, but it would be a lot more often if we weren't separated by a 4 hour train journey.

Evidently your love knows no bounds:love:
Original post by Mourinho<3
Evidently your love knows no bounds:love:

Um, thanks? :colondollar:
Reply 6
Every other weekend and one weeknight; it sounds like the conditions of the access agreement after my parents divorced! :biggrin:

Seriously, though, the reason it's so little is because I'm at uni four hours away from him, though; in the holidays, we spend at least a week living together and so far we haven't found a length of time with each other long enough to think it too much.
Reply 7
Generally every day but we're at the same school and we live about a 10 minute cycle away from each other. Recently (because of January exams) we've only seen each other about once a week out of school but that will change once exams have finished next week :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
If you feel like you're seeing each other too much then you are seeing each other too much. Another way to judge this is to consider other aspects of your life. Are you neglecting friends, family, work and time to yourself?
Often as we can and want really
Sometime we'll see each other all day, everyday for a week
And sometimes just on the weekend or every fortnight

Posted from TSR Mobile
What girlfriend? :cry2:
Every day, every minute, every second. She's always there. She's imaginary.
Reply 12
Original post by Id and Ego seek
Every day, every minute, every second. She's always there. She's imaginary.

Kendrick lamar reference?
Original post by jam277
Kendrick lamar reference?

Lmao yeah.
Reply 14
Original post by Airfairy
Wondering really because my bf keeps saying we see each other too much, and it has got me questioning how often others see their partners?

A lot of my friends live with their partners, so I often feel it is a bad sign if someone feels you are seeing each other too much. How does that bode for moving in together? Not well, surely.

I really wouldn't take it as a bad sign!
I first started going out with my bf at uni, then I moved near to where he lives (not consciously, things just worked out!) to do postgrad.

When I first started he was at mine all the time and we kept arguing because I would be out at uni and he would be stuck at my house all day bored. If I wanted to work at home it was difficult because he to be honest is really distracting! He had no work to do, so wanted to be doing fun things etc and I was like ah I need to work.
So we decided to spend less time together and it has done wonders :smile:
We are closer than ever, we used to see each other every day but when our lives went a different way we found it worked better to give each other more space. Sometimes that is good in a relationship :smile:

At the moment he is away for 3 months (will have to see how seeing him that much less works out :P) so I don't see him at all, but before we were seeing each other for 2 days every week, or sometimes 3 if there was an event/clubnight on we both wanted to go to.
I see the back of her quite often.
....if you know what I mean :colone:
Every other weekend I go over to his uni and stay from Friday - Sunday (he's at uni and I'm on a gap year with a full-time job).

When he's home for the holidays, 2-3 times a week? Depends what we've got on but we'll at least see each other for a few evenings if not the whole day.

When I go to uni it'll be cut down to probably one in three weekends spent together, as we will be separated by an eight hour train journey (or face paying ~£150 for petrol).
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 17
by seeing each other to much he probably means to the point where other parts of his/both of your lives are neglected whereas living together wouldn't need to cause that so I wouldn't take it as boding badly for that
Reply 18
me and my gf meet on the afternoon before my day off from work and she sleeps over and we spent most of that day together once a week. sometimes its twice a week but really not that often. she lives 40 min drive away and i work in the day and she works in the evening. yes, its hard to find the time!

seeing each other too much can be a problem, me and my ex gf would see each other all the time and that drove me insane. it was 4 nights a week and all saturday... i hated it and when i even mentioned it was too much she went crazy saying i didnt love her and all that. right psycho!
A week every two months. LDR ftw.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending