The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Katiellen
I'm so amazed I finally got an email today at 17:38, offer from Magdalene :biggrin:DDDDDD just when I'd given up all hope! Good luck to every one else waiting to hear, I hope the wait won't be much longer. This thread has really helped me survive, so a very big thank you to everyone (especially Minerva!) for all your encouragement and support, and wherever you all end up have a fantastic time xx

Congrats! Which subject is this? and did you have a re-interview? :smile:
Reply 5621
Original post by iamsherlocked
Really?! This is Cambridge we're talking about! :tongue:

Aah you'll be fine! My friend got A* AAB and they let him in despite his high offer of A*AAA x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5622
Original post by dornam
Is anyone here still waiting apart from medics?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm still waiting
Reply 5623
Original post by kamijyo touma
I just got an offer for medicine via ucas track!! I'm so happy now.

Was it an open offer?
Original post by savagedhearts
Congrats! Which subject is this? and did you have a re-interview? :smile:

Thanks, it's for MML ... no, I was not reinterviewed.
Original post by PD1
Was it an open offer?

Nope. Direct offer from Robinson.
Reply 5626
Original post by Nayim
Just so that people from Caius know; I got an offer and my letter is dated from two weeks ago (they sent me the pdf yesterday) but it still hasn't arrived.
So, the usual timeline I don't think applies to Caius this year.

Hi
What subject is your offer for?
Reply 5627
Hi, new to this thread, has anyone heard anything from robinson for phys natsci post a second interview? I originally applied to sidney - got pooled then went down to robinson for interview on 11th and still waiting for news D:
Original post by Hdodds
Hi, new to this thread, has anyone heard anything from robinson for phys natsci post a second interview? I originally applied to sidney - got pooled then went down to robinson for interview on 11th and still waiting for news D:

My son got offer via UCAS track for PhyNatSci from Robinson after 2nd interview on Fri 4.50pm. They posted letter out Fri 1st class and it arrived Saturday.

I'm sorry if this is not the news that you really want to hear. For what it's worth my son's Head agreed he would call Robinson/Trinity(original college) Monday to find out what was happening. Given the now week plus delay perhaps yours would do that for you - maybe carries more weight than students calling up. At least then you will get closure one way or another.

Good luck, I hope things pan out how you want. Whichever way it goes I'm sure you will go on to do well wherever you go to study - to get this far in the process you must be a strong candidate who is good enough.
Reply 5629
Original post by stalkingparent
My son got offer via UCAS track for PhyNatSci from Robinson after 2nd interview on Fri 4.50pm. They posted letter out Fri 1st class and it arrived Saturday.

I'm sorry if this is not the news that you really want to hear. For what it's worth my son's Head agreed he would call Robinson/Trinity(original college) Monday to find out what was happening. Given the now week plus delay perhaps yours would do that for you - maybe carries more weight than students calling up. At least then you will get closure one way or another.

Good luck, I hope things pan out how you want. Whichever way it goes I'm sure you will go on to do well wherever you go to study - to get this far in the process you must be a strong candidate who is good enough.

Ah okay well thanks anyway, feel as though i know where i stand a bit more now! Looks like ill be off to Durham instead!
Cheers and well done to your son
Original post by Hdodds
Ah okay well thanks anyway, feel as though i know where i stand a bit more now! Looks like ill be off to Durham instead!

Durham seems popular choice on here - my son was going there if Cambridge didn't work out. I really liked the place when I drove him up there and wandered around. It is an excellent university.

Good luck.
Reply 5631
Original post by Hdodds
I'm sorry we can't offer much hope now, but you could do a lot worse than Durham :tongue:

[PS: will add you in to the next report - have already started working on today's.]

Original post by stalkingparent
Durham seems popular choice on here - my son was going there if Cambridge didn't work out. I really liked the place when I drove him up there and wandered around. It is an excellent university.

Good luck.
It certainly is :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
This lack of communication is making me start to doubt whether I did actually apply to Cambridge , maybe it was a dream :eek:
Original post by Minerva

I'd like to be optimistic, but I'm also a realist, and nine days is a long time, even for Caius.

I'm just confused as I was told Thursday that admissions had e-mailed the DOS the day before, but had not received a reply, but would try again later that day, and as soon as they knew, I'd know. So the only possible explanations for still not hearing are that a decision still hasn't been made, or they forgot to e-mail me the rejection.

If it's the latter, that's just crazy because I was told I'd be informed straight away....

I just still really want it, but am just so fed up with it all now!

And I can't believe I'm still on this forum because of it, instead of revising ARGH :frown:
Reply 5634
Original post by •Ball•So•Hard•
I'm just confused as I was told Thursday that admissions had e-mailed the DOS the day before, but had not received a reply, but would try again later that day, and as soon as they knew, I'd know. So the only possible explanations for still not hearing are that a decision still hasn't been made, or they forgot to e-mail me the rejection.

If it's the latter, that's just crazy because I was told I'd be informed straight away....

And I can't believe I'm still on this forum because of it, instead of revising ARGH :frown:
I absolutely understand your feelings on this one. I'd ring them tomorrow and be - ever so nicely - assertive, and if that doesn't work then I'd get on to the central Admissions Office, as they are supposed to set the ground rules and may be able to ''encourage" Caius to get its act together.

The document in the OP says that all decisions MUST be entered into CamSIS by the 25th January. So if Caius don't respond, you should find out on track very soon anyway. Good Luck!
Original post by Minerva
I absolutely understand your feelings on this one. I'd ring them tomorrow and be - ever so nicely - assertive, and if that doesn't work then I'd get on to the central Admissions Office, as they are supposed to set the ground rules and may be able to ''encourage" Caius to get its act together.

Thanks, I'll take your advice and let you know how I get on!
Original post by Internet Troll
The document in the OP says that all decisions MUST be entered into CamSIS by the 25th January. So if Caius don't respond, you should find out on track very soon anyway. Good Luck!

That's very true actually! Thanks

I feel really sorry for you but please try to revise. You'll want to perform as well as you know you can so regardless of Cambridge, you should ensure you get what you deserve.
Reply 5639
Status report as at 18.00 today now up. I've added a couple more tables this time (it's why it took so long. Sorry :frown:)

tl:dr version:

381 poolees
96 direct offers
19 offers post interview
1 offer, not clear if re-interviewed
121 rejections without re-interview
9 rejections post interview
48 re-interviewees, of whom 20 have not yet heard/not reported back
115 have heard nothing/have not reported back

The overall offer rate is running at about the predicted level if you use Cambridge's overall offer rate in last year's Pool as your benchmark, but I would expect the TSR rate to be higher, because there is a bias arising from people ceasing to lurk and posting only when they've had good news :smile: It is also noticeable that we still have quite a number of people active in the thread who are still waiting for news, which was not the case last year.

If that's you, feel free to get on to your preference colleges and/or the colleges that re-interviewed you tomorrow and ask for an update.

Latest

Trending

Trending