The Student Room Group

Average height of men in the UK??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
6'2 Here and I doubt the average is around 177. I see to many guys around my height some even taller then me. Some people tell me I'm tall but to be honest I feel really short/normal compared to most guys.
From what I see, it seems men's average is 6ft these days O.o
For women it's like 5'6
Reply 42
mikey j
lol stupid fat short bitch. btw average height for young men is 5'11, so your 3 inches under.

You really need to get a life.
Reply 43
6'2" asian
Original post by SooulRiderr
From what I see, it seems men's average is 6ft these days O.o
For women it's like 5'6

Do you actually know how tall 6 foot is in relation to yourself or do you just suspect that you know because of what other people report their heights to be?

People think I'm at least 6'2" and maybe 6'3", but I'm 6'1". I only discovered this when I measured myself since my mate who is quite clearly a fair bit taller than me insisted he was no more than 6'4".

I've seen / heard people 2 or 3 inches shorter than me claim they are 6 foot, and this is why I believed I was taller than 6'1". If you want to know, you have to have measured yourself

I still think us 6foot+ers are a minority
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Danielllll
6'7 :\

hello there...:awesome:
Reply 46
Well Im 17 in half a year, im 179/180 and I could grow more.
Reply 47
6ft1 ish. Friends are like 6ft5 plus....

Posted from TSR Mobile
When do males stop growing ? Because I'm 5 ft 5 male (from Pakistan) but only 16. Don't think I've gone through a growth spurt because my height has been increasingly since the age of 12. Does diet really affect your height ? If so what foods should you eat to provide growth.
Reply 49
asian and 5'8 lawl

edit: just measured ...im 169cm (5'6) wtf... i swear thats really short but im about the same height has most people in my college...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 50
5'6.5 and I'm 16. I really like my height though. I know someone in year 8 who's 5'7.
Reply 51
I'm 6'1", anything below is just short.
Reply 52
Original post by Midnight1811
When do males stop growing ? Because I'm 5 ft 5 male (from Pakistan) but only 16. Don't think I've gone through a growth spurt because my height has been increasingly since the age of 12. Does diet really affect your height ? If so what foods should you eat to provide growth.

Pakistani males don't grow tall on average you won't even make it to 5'10". That's quite pathetic tbh.
Original post by Danielllll
6'7 :\

Hey! Me too!! Male, slim build, 6ft 7 on a small day! I just say 200cm now - it's easier.
5, 11 nearly 6ft woop! (That day will come)

My BMI is a depressingly low 17.57:frown:....
Original post by Hooj
Pakistani males don't grow tall on average you won't even make it to 5'10". That's quite pathetic tbh.

Haha tell me about it ! But when do males stop growing compeatly is it 18 or 21
Reply 56
5'9 and I'm 16 :frown:
Reply 57
Original post by sil3nt_cha0s
if you total all the ethnic minorities together, their heights are bound to bring the average height of the UK down by an inch.

But then black people are much taller than British whites on average.
Reply 58
I think its really important that we realise these are averages. We don't know the sample size nor where the data was selected. Any height is a normal height if its yours!
Reply 59
lol "recent influx of asians" yeh its about 5,10 but id say the Average height for a white man is about 5,11/6ft but a black men and women is around 6ft 2

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending