The Student Room Group

Chelsea F.C. vs Arsenal F.C.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Come on... only 15 mins in.

You lot are way faster than the minute by minute commentary (I can't watch games). it's awful.
Reply 121
Lol awful corner followed by awful defensive organisation on the break every .. single .. time.
Sagna just doesn't give a **** anymore, does he?

And Walcott needs to stop sending the corners into Cech's hands for ****s sake
Original post by HenryD
Neutral here but how was Scezney not sent off? That's go to go down as denying a clear goal scoring opportunity?

There were other defenders behind the keeper I think, so I'm guessing the ref decided he wasn't the last man. Good decision I reckon.

Edit: Or possibly what was posted below. :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 124
If it's 2-1 at half time, we are very much in this. Heads up lads come on.
Such a hard game to watch as an Arsenal fan. Maybe if we lose Wenger will re-think his thinking of our team being good enough for 4th.
We can't even compete with the big boys anymore, at all. We're a laughing stock - they roll over us like nothing. And Wenger and the board seem not to care.
Original post by HenryD
Neutral here but how was Scezney not sent off? That's go to go down as denying a clear goal scoring opportunity?

Only a sending off if the keeper intentionally fouls the attacker whereas in this case Szczęsny was clearly trying to make a save then Ramires ran over him. Not even a yellow IMO.
Referee obviously feeling sorry for Arsenal by not giving the red.
Thats 3 out 3 corner kicks caught by Cech. Doesn't look like you'll get many chances either might as well make better use of your corners Arsenal..
Did anyone here the guy shouting"Just punch him in the face"?
Reply 131
Bring on Kanu
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by alittlehelp
Such a hard game to watch as an Arsenal fan. Maybe if we lose Wenger will re-think his thinking of our team being good enough for 4th.

I'm cheering Tottenham this afternoon. I genuinely believe it's for the best we miss out on the CL this year.
Reply 133
Original post by shyopstv
Only a sending off if the keeper intentionally fouls the attacker whereas in this case Szczęsny was clearly trying to make a save then Ramires ran over him. Not even a yellow IMO.

Original post by Converse Rocker
There were other defenders behind the keeper I think, so I'm guessing the ref decided he wasn't the last man. Good decision I reckon.

Edit: Or possibly what was posted below. :smile:

Still, open net so I don't think that was it, but I think shyopstv is probably right. Even so, I wouldn't have been surprised to see him walk for that if it had been a bit later on in the game.
Reply 134
Walcott's corners make me sad
Reply 135
what are arsenal fans singing?
Original post by Mr Advice
Yeah, but it's hard not to follow them.

I need an Arsenal boycott where I don't watch anymore of their games. It's getting too much for my heart, every season it's just heartbreak after heartbreak.
Reply 137
Original post by dan94adibi

I missed that, what was that in reference too :/
The worst thing about this is that we've got no one to bring on and wenger never has a plan B, so its probably going to be like this the whole game.
Reply 139
Original post by dan94adibi

Yep thats how quiet it is tbh, I'm in the stadium, im suprised its so quiet, if its anyone you can hear its the arsenal fans. disappointing.

Quick Reply

Latest