The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Maryb_101
:biggrin: yummy.

Lol,what is it with girls and loving the london accent? Is it because I(we) sound more serious or something?
Original post by Obscure One
Hey guys, since this is a very asian dominated thread, I feel some of you guys may be able to relate to what I got to say and suggest some solutions please?

Basically, I intend to go university this coming year, I told my mum and she was fine with it and stuff after persuading her for a long time. I don't really aim to tell my dad cos he's gonna be against it as he has the typical asian dad mindset, that every girl comes out of uni corrupt. But the thing is my only intention is actually to study. Like many people say that for a cover up for the real reason. But I honestly mean it, I'm even willing to go to the nearest uni to home. And then yday I was telling my mum about a uni I got a reply from (the closest one obvs) and shockingly she just flipped at me, and me being the short-tempered person I am just started to argue, cos this is my life. I don't wanna be a typical housewife. I wanna be an independent female who has ambitions in her life. And now my mum is against it. I'm so pissed atm I dunno what to do. Feel like dropping Sixth Form, for which I've been trying my level best for. :frown:

So any solutions on how to deal with this typical situation? Thank you in advance! :smile:

Wow, I am sorry to hear your parents are against you futhering your education. Do youhave a close family member that could sit down with your parents and help explain why it would be a good thing for you to go university? And if local, I guess you could convince you parents that you would stay at home, and so wouldnt get "corrupted", whatever that means.
Original post by Warlord
Lol,what is it with girls and loving the london accent? Is it because I(we) sound more serious or something?

Cuz it sounds so damn sexy. I like most accents tbh :biggrin:
Cuz it sounds so damn sexy. I like most accents tbh :biggrin:

It was voted sexiest accent in the world somewhere, so I was jw haha. It is sexy isnt it :tongue: LOL, how about the scouse accent :biggrin:
Original post by Warlord
Wow, I am sorry to hear your parents are against you futhering your education. Do youhave a close family member that could sit down with your parents and help explain why it would be a good thing for you to go university? And if local, I guess you could convince you parents that you would stay at home, and so wouldnt get "corrupted", whatever that means.

Tell me about it.. >.< And to be honest no unfortunately. :/ And even if I had to class someone as close, they haven't really been to uni and their parents are like proper against the idea of sending your daughter to uni.
I hope to pass my driving by April/May time, so I suppose I can get a car. But travelling back and forth for 2 hours in total each day, don't think I can personally manage. I think this is almost a lose-lose situation for me. Lol..
Original post by Warlord
It was voted sexiest accent in the world somewhere, so I was jw haha. It is sexy isnt it :tongue: LOL, how about the scouse accent :biggrin:

Lool it's a turn on tbh.
Ew not the scouse accent! Haha
Reply 4086
Why are short girls so damn attractive?
Hey guys, since this is a very asian dominated thread, I feel some of you guys may be able to relate to what I got to say and suggest some solutions please?

Basically, I intend to go university this coming year, I told my mum and she was fine with it and stuff after persuading her for a long time. I don't really aim to tell my dad cos he's gonna be against it as he has the typical asian dad mindset, that every girl comes out of uni corrupt. But the thing is my only intention is actually to study. Like many people say that for a cover up for the real reason. But I honestly mean it, I'm even willing to go to the nearest uni to home. And then yday I was telling my mum about a uni I got a reply from (the closest one obvs) and shockingly she just flipped at me, and me being the short-tempered person I am just started to argue, cos this is my life. I don't wanna be a typical housewife. I wanna be an independent female who has ambitions in her life. And now my mum is against it. I'm so pissed atm I dunno what to do. Feel like dropping Sixth Form, for which I've been trying my level best for. :frown:

So any solutions on how to deal with this typical situation? Thank you in advance! :smile:

If there's one thing you're entitled to, it's an education. It's a right and Islamically too; 'ikrah' meaning 'read' if you get the reference.

Make a deal with your dad. Compromise your 'social life' and tell him if you don't get the grades (insert the rest)...
Tell him he can pick you up and drop you off etc.

Idk if that helped. Kinda hard to type when I have customers lurking over me. Bloody trojans lol

:smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 4088

Just wait for it to chill out, slowly discuss it. Use reverse psychology and stfuff like that :tongue: Slowly get them to agree with you. Quote Islam stuff like Allah's told us to learn about his creation and all that and be like you're gonna do all that and stuff like that. Agree to make compromises and what not.

My dad is like that with my sister, but luckily, we don't have to see him much so we don't have to listen to all that stuff he says. But just agree to make compromises and stuff and give other people as examples.

Worst comes to worst, just go to uni. If your parents aren't that understanding at all, they shouldn't be helping you make these decisions so just walk out. They'll get around to it sooner or later. :smile:
Reply 4089
Original post by Farwa
Lmao
Why do u flirt on here then?

Just to wind you guys up :wink:
Plus, I've learnt from the (old) best :wink: (Hasan :tongue: )

Original post by Zeegie
moooooooornnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiiiinggggggggggggggggggg bhaaaaiiiii :d :d

How's it going sis? :smile:
Original post by Revent
Just to wind you guys up :wink:
Plus, I've learnt from the (old) best :wink: (Hasan :tongue: )

How's it going sis? :smile:

Lol I have just realised you started saying sis! You have calmed down J! :biggrin:
Original post by YWArtist
Why are short girls so damn attractive?

This is a serious question. Answer needed lol.
Reply 4092
Original post by Warlord
Lol I have just realised you started saying sis! You have calmed down J! :biggrin:

Looooooooooool I've been calling her sis for bare long.

Pretty girls not my type :teehee: High self esteem and all that so hard to get into bed :rofl: :rofl: :giggle:
Original post by Revent
:laugh: Yeah, it's cool :wink:

and that's cos Insomniac wore me out yesterday so today, I gotta rest up :teehee:

Khuli aankhon sey khwaab dekhna sehat ke liye acha nahi hota :P
Lool it's a turn on tbh.
Ew not the scouse accent! Haha

Awww, I will introduce you to some lannndan guys some day :smile:
Lol, who wouldnt love to sound like wayne rooney :tongue:
Reply 4095
My backup plan is becoming a bollywood actorr :biggrin:
Original post by Revent
Looooooooooool I've been calling her sis for bare long.

Pretty girls not my type :teehee: High self esteem and all that so hard to get into bed :rofl: :rofl: :giggle:

Oh jeez, isnt that a nice thing to say :biggrin:
Reply 4097
Original post by Insomniac_1901
Khuli aankhon sey khwaab dekhna sehat ke liye acha nahi hota :P

Sounds like you had so much fun with me that you're speaking gibberish :teehee: It happens :wink:
Reply 4098
Original post by Warlord
Oh jeez, isnt that a nice thing to say :biggrin:

Just being honest bro :wink:

:giggle: I kid, of course :tongue:
Original post by Revent
Sounds like you had so much fun with me that you're speaking gibberish :teehee: It happens :wink:

Hallucinating again... lay off the drugs for 5 mins bro :P

Latest