The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Revent
Just wait for it to chill out, slowly discuss it. Use reverse psychology and stfuff like that :tongue: Slowly get them to agree with you. Quote Islam stuff like Allah's told us to learn about his creation and all that and be like you're gonna do all that and stuff like that. Agree to make compromises and what not.

My dad is like that with my sister, but luckily, we don't have to see him much so we don't have to listen to all that stuff he says. But just agree to make compromises and stuff and give other people as examples.

Worst comes to worst, just go to uni. If your parents aren't that understanding at all, they shouldn't be helping you make these decisions so just walk out. They'll get around to it sooner or later. :smile:

Not afraid to walk out.. But I do need financial support. Which ultimately my parents can help me with. I guess emotionally blackmailing them is my last resort to solve this problem! Haha. And all examples I know of, don't have a good ending to them.. :/ Lol.. Sucksssss.. Haha.

Original post by moonietoot
If there's one thing you're entitled to, it's an education. It's a right and Islamically too; 'ikrah' meaning 'read' if you get the reference.

Make a deal with your dad. Compromise your 'social life' and tell him if you don't get the grades (insert the rest)...
Tell him he can pick you up and drop you off etc.

Idk if that helped. Kinda hard to type when I have customers lurking over me. Bloody trojans lol

:smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

The thing with my dad is, he isn't strict, he's more worried about his self-respect in society. So if I go uni, do something wrong and people find out his 'izzat' is gonna go down the drain and blahh.. You know the typical asian stuff. Stuff like that proper annoys me. It's my mums approval I need really. So need to entice my mum to thinking how much good uni is gonna do to me.. But doubt she'll fall for it.. Haha. And ohh no, thanks for that. :smile:
Original post by Obscure One
Tell me about it.. >.< And to be honest no unfortunately. :/ And even if I had to class someone as close, they haven't really been to uni and their parents are like proper against the idea of sending your daughter to uni.
I hope to pass my driving by April/May time, so I suppose I can get a car. But travelling back and forth for 2 hours in total each day, don't think I can personally manage. I think this is almost a lose-lose situation for me. Lol..

I cant believe in this day and age parents still restrict their daughters from something beneficial like university. Its just disgusting. I feel really bad for you, but dont give up please, your parents will come good if you continue to explain to them the benefits of education.
Original post by Revent
Just being honest bro :wink:

:giggle: I kid, of course :tongue:

Lol, okay, you are a crazy mofo. Watch american psycho, I am so confident that you could be like that :biggrin:
Reply 4103
Aajaa mahi veee
I'm sooo exciteddddd woooooooo :biggrin:
Reply 4104
Why do I love the pain?
I hate that I love you sooo
Reply 4105
Not afraid to walk out.. But I do need financial support. Which ultimately my parents can help me with. I guess emotionally blackmailing them is my last resort to solve this problem! Haha. And all examples I know of, don't have a good ending to them.. :/ Lol.. Sucksssss.. Haha.

The thing with my dad is, he isn't strict, he's more worried about his self-respect in society. So if I go uni, do something wrong and people find out his 'izzat' is gonna go down the drain and blahh.. You know the typical asian stuff. Stuff like that proper annoys me. It's my mums approval I need really. So need to entice my mum to thinking how much good uni is gonna do to me.. But doubt she'll fall for it.. Haha. And ohh no, thanks for that. :smile:

Persevere :smile: Keep at it :smile: I'm sure it'll happen :smile: Good luck!!

Original post by Warlord
Lol, okay, you are a crazy mofo. Watch american psycho, I am so confident that you could be like that :biggrin:

Like what? :tongue: I'll watch it later :lol:

Original post by Insomniac_1901
Hallucinating again... lay off the drugs for 5 mins bro :P

You call someone you **** a bro? :mmm: I think the one who's gotta lay off the shrooms is you woman :wink:

hey check your PM
I know someone who was in the exact situation and it ended out well :biggrin: Just an example which may motivate/herlp you xx
Original post by Warlord
Awww, I will introduce you to some lannndan guys some day :smile:
Lol, who wouldnt love to sound like wayne rooney :tongue:

Haha look forward to it xD
No just no lol
As if a guy asked me to go for a jog with him :L ....you're oryt pal.
Original post by Revent
Persevere :smile: Keep at it :smile: I'm sure it'll happen :smile: Good luck!!

Like what? :tongue: I'll watch it later :lol:

You call someone you **** a bro? :mmm: I think the one who's gotta lay off the shrooms is you woman :wink:

No... YOU go around acting all brotherly and then come out with filth like then THAT :P
Reply 4110
The awkward moment when your lil brother is playing a game on your phone
Somehow gets onto photos
And giggles
Then asks mustyy why have you taken pictures with out your shirt! Haha
Original post by Warlord
I cant believe in this day and age parents still restrict their daughters from something beneficial like university. Its just disgusting. I feel really bad for you, but dont give up please, your parents will come good if you continue to explain to them the benefits of education.

I honestly feel it is the influences of other people too. Not many people around where I’m from have sent their daughters to uni. Also the fact that soo many girls are getting married here aged 16/17/18! I mean good on them, but this isn’t really favouring my situation. I don’t really feel bad for myself, just need to try harder I suppose and come to some form of mutual agreement with my parents. :smile: Inshallah soon! :biggrin:
Original post by Warlord

I totally agree, but I can understand why some do that. Hopefully they'll come around though and change their mind and realise the benefits. I think its more the worry their daughters may go astray or if theyve done things in the past, that they may do it again. Asians like their family rep/ pride.
Reply 4113
Original post by Insomniac_1901
No... YOU go around acting all brotherly and then come out with filth like then THAT :P

Being rough is brotherly? :wink: Don't be ashamed. You know you loved it too :wink:
Original post by Revent
Being rough is brotherly? :wink: Don't be ashamed. You know you loved it too :wink:

Of you think that's brotherly...you got issues.
Reply 4115
i'm a muzzy
Reply 4116
Aaah twitter in 2days
Original post by Mumar
i'm a muzzy

You're a what? :tongue:
Original post by Maryb_101
Of you think that's brotherly...you got issues.

I know. He's a messed up individual. You know he's actually younger than me by enough to ACTUALLY be my younger brother? It's like my moral duty to sort him out...

Original post by Revent

Baby brothers play up sometimes... get confused. It's okay. It happens.
Reply 4119
Talking to someone till 3/4 am every night
But 'liking' someone else
Hmm