The Student Room Group
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website

Is there a nightlife at Roehampton university?

I have looked through some posts but they were very old, I have an offer of a place starting in 2013 and am really considering accepting.

Is there a nightlife?
What is the nightlife?

How much is it to go into central london and return?
Is there any night buses in the leicster square area that can get me home?

What do people do on saturday night?
What happens during the week?

Student nights between Mon-Fri?

Can you go out most nights?

Big thanks to any replies!

Also what it like finding accommodation the 2nd year?
Reply 1
Original post by LWayneC
I have looked through some posts but they were very old, I have an offer of a place starting in 2013 and am really considering accepting.

Is there a nightlife?
What is the nightlife?

How much is it to go into central london and return?
Is there any night buses in the leicster square area that can get me home?

What do people do on saturday night?
What happens during the week?

Student nights between Mon-Fri?

Can you go out most nights?

Big thanks to any replies!

Also what it like finding accommodation the 2nd year?

Hello! I'm currently a third year student at Roehampton.

Firstly, it's London - of course there is nightlife! There is always something to do and something for everyone.

Central is usually £25 for taxi - good if you split it, or 20 mins by train which is cheap with your oyster card.

During the week: One Monday a month there is a student night at Clapham Grand, every Wednesday there is a themed 'Flirt' night at Fez in Putney and every Friday there is a themed 'Bop' night at the union. You don't have to dress up for these! The events off campus included a Roehampton shuttle bus for students there and back, which leave/arrive hourly.
You also have karaoke nights now and again and every Thursday there is a music event at the union with live bands, as well as a pub quiz on Sundays. The union is open every night.

Other than that, people go to Oceana in Kingston - you just get the 85 bus there and back with your oyster card. There are lots of places to check out, some cheaper than others - it depends on your taste! I'd say you could go out every night and find something/somewhere.

Accommodation in 2nd year is easy! You have a thing called 'Roehampton Studentpad' which include the trusted student property agents and it is all very local. There's a bit of dodgy looking area behind the uni/right near the shops where most students live - I do! Or you can live on off campus uni accommodation (also in the same area). There is lots to choose from, you've just got to look!

Any questions, feel free to message me!
(edited 11 years ago)
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Jadey678

Firstly, it's London - of course there is nightlife! There is always something to do and something for everyone.

Central is usually £25 for taxi - good if you split it, or 20 mins by train which is cheap with your oyster card.

During the week: One Monday a month there is a student night at Clapham Grand, every Wednesday there is a themed 'Flirt' night at Fez in Putney and every Friday there is a themed 'Bop' night at the union. You don't have to dress up for these! The events off campus included a Roehampton shuttle bus for students there and back, which leave/arrive hourly.
You also have karaoke nights now and again and every Thursday there is a music event at the union with live bands, as well as a pub quiz on Sundays. The union is open every night.

Other than that, people go to Oceana in Kingston - you just get the 85 bus there and back with your oyster card. There are lots of places to check out, some cheaper than others - it depends on your taste! I'd say you could go out every night and find something/somewhere.

Accommodation in 2nd year is easy! You have a thing called 'Roehampton Studentpad' which include the trusted student property agents and it is all very local. There's a bit of dodgy looking area behind the uni/right near the shops where most students live - I do! Or you can live on off campus uni accommodation (also in the same area). There is lots to choose from, you've just got to look!

Thank you! That was an extremely helpful reply, answered a lot of questions :smile:
Original post by Jadey678

How long does it take to get from Roehampton to Kingston?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by tamishaalexander

Posted from TSR Mobile

I live in Kingston :smile: It's about 30-40 mins on a bus.
Reply 5
Original post by tamishaalexander

Posted from TSR Mobile

Around 20-30 mins on the 85 bus. Depends on the traffic too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending