The Student Room Group

GCSE you did worst in

Scroll to see replies

Geography - C! I knew I was screwing up because it was boring as ****, but I was thinking more like a B. later found out I was very close to the C/D boundary.
Defo feels good to be doing three subjects not 9
Original post by cleverslacker
Geography - C! I knew I was screwing up because it was boring as ****, but I was thinking more like a B. later found out I was very close to the C/D boundary.
Defo feels good to be doing three subjects not 9

I love geography sad to hear that you didn't enjoy it :/ but a C is still a decent grade :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alotties
The 3 I did worst in were Physics, Chemistry and Textiles Design.
I got C's in all 3, and Physics I only got the C by one mark!
Funnily enough, I am now hoping to do a Chemistry degree :tongue:

Yeah but gcse chemistry was boring a level is far more enjoyable and so is easier to learn because the enthusiasm is there! - good luck with your chemistry degree :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by winningjojo
I love geography sad to hear that you didn't enjoy it :/ but a C is still a decent grade :smile:

Geography, and also history, are two areas I find interesting in the form of clicking my way through wikipedia, but not studying as a formal subject.
and thanks :smile: trouble is I go to quite a clever school, I did relatively bad. Some of my friends got like 10 A*s
Original post by winningjojo
Yeah but gcse chemistry was boring a level is far more enjoyable and so is easier to learn because the enthusiasm is there! - good luck with your chemistry degree :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree with you 200%, the a level is so much better! I'm glad my teacher still let me in, as usually you need a B at gcse to get in to the A level class. Thank you for the luck! :biggrin:
Was on track for an A in History.

I got a D in my last module. I'm now on track for a C and want to do A Level... maybe I should rethink.
Original post by Bonoahx
Was on track for an A in History.

I got a D in my last module. I'm now on track for a C and want to do A Level... maybe I should rethink.

Resit your last module?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 267
Maths, i did get a C in the end but boy was i glad i didn't have to do it again.
Drama - I got an E in the writing section- luckily my A in the practical stuff scraped it up to a B 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alotties
I agree with you 200%, the a level is so much better! I'm glad my teacher still let me in, as usually you need a B at gcse to get in to the A level class. Thank you for the luck! :biggrin:

I got an a* at gcse but that was more because I just regurgitated facts then me actually understanding anything (amazing what you can blag really) what are you hoping for at a level?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 270
French was my worst i got a C :frown:
My lowest were german, biology, english lit and english lang. (I got A's in them).
Reply 272
Film Studies. I was forced to do it in year 9 as our class were "testing" it in place of English for one year. I ended up with a teacher who had no idea what she was doing and a D overall! I got a D in Science in year 11 too :colondollar:
For me it was technology... :frown:
My secondary school stupidly decided to put everyone on the foundation paper, when my coursework and product was at a A grade.
So i was restricted to getting a C grade at best, even if i got 100% in the exam paper itself.
I desperately begged them to let me sit the higher paper but they ignored me and said no! :mad:

At the end of it, i came out with a C grade which is not bad by any means.
However, i was furious when i worked so hard and stopped after school for a couple of hours a few days a week for 2 months to get my product and coursework up to a grade A... all for nothing!! :mad2:

I later decided to move to another sixth form instead of staying on at that terrible secondary school that i went to... :rolleyes:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 274
Spanish, the stupid asswipe. Came out with a C.
Best= English Literature (A*)
Worst= Mathematics. Gosh Nooo *shudders* (C)
Reply 276
Geography. I revised so much for it, but in the exams, I got a C, D, E. Thanks to my A grade coursework I only just managed to pass.
Design and Technology: Graphics.
I didn't even do that bad, it was just my worst UMS.
Reply 278
Textiles, a B, although I had no idea what I was supposed to do for the coursework written project, I thought I'd made it look pretty enough with the borders and diagrams and such >.<
Reply 279
Resistant materials :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest