The Student Room Group

A-Level you performed the worst in

Inspired by the GCSE thread.

Mine was Law, ironically enough considering I read Law at university now. Missed the grade I wanted by a single mark - didn't remark because I was generally elated enough on the day to have done as well as I did as I didn't expect it. In hindsight I wish I had but oh well :colondollar:
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Sociology. Everyone says it's easy but it was my bane when I was doing A Levels. I still got an A in the end but it pure hell getting the grade.
Reply 2
Biology! I still can't seem to get anything right away and it takes x10 longer to learn anything as opposed to sociology or psychology. I guess i'm not that good at science based subjects to essay based ones.
Reply 3
Arguably physics, as I had a lower percentage overall than maths and I was further away from the next grade boundary than geography. And now I study physics at university.
Reply 4
Surprisingly enough Business studies, Im predicted a D, whereas im predicted A's in Maths and French :L Yeah work that one out
English Lit. What a terrible bloody A-Level.

Should've opted for Philosophy, Physics, or FM. Anything but English Lit.
Physics, since I can't do practical exams...
Reply 7
Original post by Mr Inquisitive

I completely agree. I'm in my final year of a levels now and English Lit is killing me. I was warned before taking it aswell, just decided not to listen :|
Reply 8
French, oh dear... :france:
Chemistry...just urghh!
I liked the stuff we learnt about, but it would just never click well enough when it came to exams and I got an E overall
Original post by Oaktree
Surprisingly enough Business studies, Im predicted a D, whereas im predicted A's in Maths and French :L Yeah work that one out

Goes to show how subjective the difficulty of A levels are; you would expect that people would say that maths and French harder than business, but it's not always the case.

I found English Lit great actually! Seemed the easiest out of mine, but I had a great teacher so it all came quite naturally. Couldn't fault her.
Reply 12
I'm doing my AS year atm but I got to say that Physics is a female dog!
Further Maths haha. Wish I had taken Childcare Studies instead... I don't even like children.
I'm not done yet..but English. I got a C at AS :frown: :frown:

My law grade was the highest in my sixth form and three marks off top grade D:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by `Jts

Agreeeed.

Agreed in my AS year and its fcking killing me , every lesson with my teacher seems a battle and when im let out the class I breathe a sigh of relief , Im probally going to do awful in the subject but dont really want to drop it A2 because its one of my few more preffered subjects.
Original post by `Jts

X2

Posted from TSR iPad
Original post by 747-400
French, oh dear... :france:

hahahha high five. C is the highest grade achieved in my year ...ooppps
Funnily enough Physics. I'm studying Astrophysics at university and missed an A in Physics by 3 UMS marks :unimpressed:

Quick Reply

Latest