The Student Room Group

What's your advice?

My GCSE's are approaching ever so quickly, and I am wondering where to begin. How do I stop procrastinating and get down to studying. The GCSE's I have chosen are: Maths, Sciences, History, Geography, French and English.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
get together with someone and just talk about what you think will and wont come up, thats how i started,
talking about it made me remember about things i missed, and i didnt want the other person to say stuff i had no idea about so i would look up little bits that we didnt talk abut before, or would go overer them again,
suprisingly helpfull...
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Just do it!

Sounds silly but make your revision timetable, set a date and start!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3
To me GCSE's look like a impossible mission, I have about 15 months before my exams. Should I be worried about the time. Is it possible to achieve good grades (Straight A's) within this time?
Reply 4
15 months? you have plenty of time, you can get straight A*s in this time :smile: and still take a few months out :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Acrux
My GCSE's are approaching ever so quickly, and I am wondering where to begin. How do I stop procrastinating and get down to studying. The GCSE's I have chosen are: Maths, Sciences, History, Geography, French and English.

Revise with a friend. You may find it procrastinating revising on your own but if your with a friend, you know you're both in the same boat! :smile:

Also, you can share more ideas etc.
Original post by jones107
15 months? you have plenty of time, you can get straight A*s in this time :smile: and still take a few months out :smile:

You have plenty of time. Just make sure you listen in class. Then you'll only need to start properly revising 1/2 months before the exam. Anything before this time is not as useful, but if you feel it will help you then that's your decision.

I only started revising 1 month before my exams and I got good results, so do not worry!
Reply 7
if yu start revising nw yu will get t a pint in a few months time when you just wnt care,
yu will lse inspiration, s best enjy the time yu have befre the exam while yu can :smile:
Maths, science, history unravelling the myster...
Sorry got carried away! Make a revision timetable and don't panic there are people in worse situations than you. :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RisingAngel-007
Maths, science, history unravelling the myster...
Sorry got carried away! Make a revision timetable and don't panic there are people in worse situations than you. :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

References... :biggrin:

Agree with earlier posters, just prepare for the exams as and when they come. Before that, all you really need to do is listen in lessons and do homework. If there are things you don't understand, ask your teachers in the lesson and look them over at home if you feel you need to. Start revising maybe a couple of months before exams, not too early as by the time they get close, you'll really start to procrastinate through boredom.

As for how to stop procrastinating? I'm really bad too, but the best thing I find is get rid of all distractions, eg phone etc. You'll be amazed how much you get done.

Good luck:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest