The Student Room Group

world class technically gifted black footballer

Scroll to see replies

Ronaldinho, Rivaldo, Ronaldo, alot of the old Brazilians. Also Kanu, Henry
Reply 41
I meant technical as in good passing , good control , awareness etc. As most of the players just have a more physical side , with pace and strength esp in acon, which is why is isn't very good to watch . One good technical player atm would be essien , I have my doubts to yaya toure technically
Original post by WaqasK
I meant technical as in good passing , good control , awareness etc. As most of the players just have a more physical side , with pace and strength esp in acon, which is why is isn't very good to watch . One good technical player atm would be essien , I have my doubts to yaya toure technically

Toure is better than essien technically

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WaqasK

Toure is better than Essien at passing, shooting and dribbling. One thing that makes Toure a cut above the rest of the players like him is that he combines his physicality with exceptional technique.
Reply 44
Balotelli
Reply 45
I'm guessing the OP means sub-saharan Afrian player and probably from an argument that players from the region aren't technically gifted at all and are only superior at the physical part of the game. But this is really nothing other than sterotypical myopia of the black guy been hench and raw. There are inumerate amount of technical gifted players from the region both past and present- watch the ongoning Nations cup to see examples of this on show.

Heck JJ Okocha taught Ronaldinho all he knew :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 46
Original post by Stu Laverty
Toure is better than Essien at passing, shooting and dribbling. One thing that makes Toure a cut above the rest of the players like him is that he combines his physicality with exceptional technique.

I do agree with this statement , passing wise I doubt tho , however comes down to opinions
Reply 47
Original post by 419
I'm guessing the OP means sub-saharan Afrian player and probably from an argument that players from the region aren't technically gifted at al and are only superior a the physical part of the game. But this is really nothing other than sterotypical myopia of the black guy been hench and raw. There are inumerate amount of technical gifted players from the region both past and present- watch the ongoning Nations cup to see examples of this on show.

Heck JJ Okocah taught Ronaldinho all he knew :tongue:

Nope I meant anywhere in the world , I agree with the slight stereotype , however it all comes from what I see on the football pitch . They might be able to pass a ball decently , however on a world class level , I struggle to name players who are technically superior . Also from what I see only regarding bpl league , most black players , tend to play in positions which tend to need mainly speed and power as a core base , such as wingers , full backs , strikers
Reply 48
Edgar Davids
Reply 49
Original post by goldenforever
If you want some African Black people,
Samuel Eto'o
Emmanuel Adebayor
Thierry Henry

Henry is not African. He's European.
Reply 50
Reply 51
Here's a better question.

Why are there no black Number 10's?

It's like in American football.

Why are there no black Quarterbacks?
Reply 52
Original post by jb_

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain,

Dembele and Lucas Moura.

Mixed race not black.
Reply 53
Original post by Hooj
Chris Kamara

Mixed race not black.
Reply 54
Original post by Mess.
So many 'black' players stated who are not black but mixed race :beard:

I know man.
Original post by TRS-T
Henry is not African. He's European.

Dang, I knew he was French but I thought he was of African descent. I think also Daniel Sturridge and Danny Welbeck are two technically superb players who will become international class if not world class.
Original post by Mess.
Do you actually still find that funny :sigh:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

these Heskey jokes need to be exterminated for eternity.

I blame KSI.
Reply 57
Plenty..

Drogba, Ronaldo (Brazilian) and Ronaldinio.
Original post by Zürich
John Terry

Made me chuckle +1

EDIT: Run out of rep..
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by anti-duck
Michael Essien, Nani, Romelu Lukaku.

If I can include past footballers then Patrick Vieira, Patrick Kluivert...

World class technically gifted footballer?

lolwut

Quick Reply

Latest