The Student Room Group

WJEC IT3 Monday 21st Jan 2013

Hi Everyone!

Is anyone doing this exam?

How are we revising for it?

I am using past papers and mark schemes :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Past papers and mark schemes are the way to go but there is also an app on apple store called A2 ICT that covers all the WJEC spec
Original post by Cowsgomooo
Hi Everyone!

Is anyone doing this exam?

How are we revising for it?

I am using past papers and mark schemes :smile:

I'm doing it :smile: not long left now, eek...
I'm trying to weed out everything I'm not 100% sure on and completing relevant questions from past papers and also doing those questions from the Essential ICT textbook.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
OMG this is going to be a disaster for me, I still feel clueless no matter how much revision i do, never going to reach my predicted grade.
Does anyone have any predictions of what will come up other than HCI, MIS and network topology
Original post by bluedate
OMG this is going to be a disaster for me, I still feel clueless no matter how much revision i do, never going to reach my predicted grade.
Does anyone have any predictions of what will come up other than HCI, MIS and network topology

You never know! things aren't sticking in my head though :frown:
Perhaps Security Policies/Codes of Conduct/Management of Change/something Internet-y.. I don't know :tongue:
Is Databases as a Section B question a given?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by badbodydouble
You never know! things aren't sticking in my head though :frown:
Perhaps Security Policies/Codes of Conduct/Management of Change/something Internet-y.. I don't know :tongue:
Is Databases as a Section B question a given?

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks, i have 2 exams on monday and ict is by far the worst, wjec is a harsh exam bored :frown:
Erm database question came up last summer on the section 2 bit, my teacher thinks operational procedures might come up because everyone answered poorly in it last summer also.
Reply 6
This exam is grim. I thought after IT1 nothing could be worse, but I was wrong. The only good thing about these exams is that if you revise the mark schemes you've got everything covered, you just need to put in examples and that's what I have trouble with haha. Oh well good luck everyone on Monday.
Original post by JackA1
This exam is grim. I thought after IT1 nothing could be worse, but I was wrong. The only good thing about these exams is that if you revise the mark schemes you've got everything covered, you just need to put in examples and that's what I have trouble with haha. Oh well good luck everyone on Monday.

It's definitely worse than IT1, I agree!
There's less units but I'm struggling to remember everything, unlike IT1. :frown: thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
i don't know if it makes me feel better or worse knowing im not the only one who is struggling with it3
(edited 11 years ago)
Lol I thought revising the mark schemes covered everything but then they throw in something random like remote management! Threw me off last time >.>
Original post by CupcakeFaerie
Lol I thought revising the mark schemes covered everything but then they throw in something random like remote management! Threw me off last time >.>

It's annoying how they can suddenly decide to put in a question on one small heading in the textbook that you will probably just skim over :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's annoying how they can suddenly decide to put in a question on one small heading in the textbook that you will probably just skim over :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh god tell me about it! And I'm only retaking this exam because my overall ICT A Level grade was 2 UMS off an A. I only got 1 UMS off an A in this exam last year so I'm literally only retaking it for 2 UMS. WEEP.
Original post by CupcakeFaerie
Oh god tell me about it! And I'm only retaking this exam because my overall ICT A Level grade was 2 UMS off an A. I only got 1 UMS off an A in this exam last year so I'm literally only retaking it for 2 UMS. WEEP.

Ouuuuch :frown: best of luck!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Any predictions of what will come up?
Reply 14
Original post by bluedate
Any predictions of what will come up?

My teacher thinks Topic 9 is going to come up, because it tends to be answered poorly and it doesnt come up too often
I thought it went really well :colondollar: how about anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
I thought it went really well :colondollar: how about anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I also thought it went well :smile:
Is these factor ok for HCI

consistency in signposting

House style

On screen help
Original post by Ihatemaths1
Is these factor ok for HCI

consistency in signposting

House style

On screen help

I wrote consistency of signposting and pop up info (I think, I hope I didn't write "consistency of navigation" instead!), on screen help and layout appropriate to task :smile:
I don't think I've been taught house style but that's not to say it's wrong :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Happy03
I also thought it went well :smile:

Yay! :biggrin: good luck for your result!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending