The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Have not heard anything yet, Am I rejected?

Hey applied to summer summer internship
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You're not rejected until you're rejected :wink:

Imperial interview throughout the UCAS process, all the way to the end of January, I think (maybe even later). Also, I know they've been having major delays internally (they told be they would get back to me 2 weeks after the interview. Took them 8).
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
They've got two interview dates in February with the last being on the 27th.
I'm sure if your grade are good enough for a Cambridge interview you'll get an Imperial one.
Reply 3
Thank you very much for your replies guys
Reply 4
I wouldn't worry,
I had an interview for the same course in November where I was told I will get an unconditonal offer and they look forward to having me (I'm post A level)
I'm still waiting to actually have my UCAS updated so I think they have some big delays
Reply 5
i can't believe we are in the exact same position! :tongue: im also applying for chemical engineering and have got offers from bath manchester and ucl, and post interview rejection from cambridge :frown: also waiting to hear from imperial college. don't worry you aren't the only one! ps. which one do you prefer to go? im struggling to make a decision between manchester and ucl... :smile:
Reply 6
I haven't heard anything yet either FML :/ .....
Reply 7
Original post by Better
I haven't heard anything yet either FML :/ .....

guys does that mean you haven't even got interviews because I haven't
Reply 8
Original post by mucgoo
They've got two interview dates in February with the last being on the 27th.
I'm sure if your grade are good enough for a Cambridge interview you'll get an Imperial one.

isn't imperial better for chem eng though? then again manchester is the home of it and he has an unconditional...
Reply 9
Original post by Sharqawi
Hi everyone,

I applied for Chemical Engineering Meng and I sent my application off on the 3rd of October. I have heard from everywhere else except for Imperial College ( Have unconditional from Manchester, Bath, UCL and a post-interview rejection from Cambridge :frown: ).
Apparently some applicants have already got an interview, but I haven't heard anything yet. Does it mean that I will probably be rejected???

Thank you

considering your others offers, no... personally I'd take Manchester for chem eng though
Reply 10

There's still one interview session to go I believe. Just be calm, and concentrate on your January exams if you have any.
Reply 11
Original post by pshewitt1
isn't imperial better for chem eng though? then again manchester is the home of it and he has an unconditional...

It depends on what you want. At that level they're all good. Imperial has a focussed ChemEng course, whereas in Cam you would do NatSci or Eng for the first year and then specialize.
Reply 12

No interview either pal unfortunately !! :/ Haha
Reply 13
Original post by pshewitt1
considering your others offers, no... personally I'd take Manchester for chem eng though

You would recommend Manchester versus 1) UCLs prestige, 2) there not being thaaat much of a difference between their departments, 3) I live in London, 4) my dad is paying my fees and going to UCL I'd be paying 2.4kish a year and at Manchester I would be paying 10kish a year as there are additional accomo and living costs. What's your opinion now?
Reply 14
Original post by Megami
i can't believe we are in the exact same position! :tongue: im also applying for chemical engineering and have got offers from bath manchester and ucl, and post interview rejection from cambridge :frown: also waiting to hear from imperial college. don't worry you aren't the only one! ps. which one do you prefer to go? im struggling to make a decision between manchester and ucl... :smile:

Hahah I'm in the same position as you too! I'm applying for Chem Eng and have offers from leeds, birmingham and UCL, and got pooled then rejected from Cambridge :P. Still anxiously waiting on Imperial though, haven't heard anything from them since I applied! I'll probably have UCL as my backup though if i get imperial in the end :smile:
You would recommend Manchester versus 1) UCLs prestige, 2) there not being thaaat much of a difference between their departments, 3) I live in London, 4) my dad is paying my fees and going to UCL I'd be paying 2.4kish a year and at Manchester I would be paying 10kish a year as there are additional accomo and living costs. What's your opinion now?

well obviously you should choose london... and manchesters prestige can beat UCL for chemeng...
Reply 16
Hi there, I am getting a bit concerned, I wondered if any one can reassure me, I had an interview early last week for my course, the man said that he would reply this week, but now Friday has gone, I'm worrying! Most of my peers have heard they have places but not me! My grades have been good and I am wondering why I'm having to wait
I worried as well. I got interview on 7th Feburary.But still no reply now! Do you peers got offer from other department? Except imperial, there are no university good at CE!
Original post by Maj99
Hi there, I am getting a bit concerned, I wondered if any one can reassure me, I had an interview early last week for my course, the man said that he would reply this week, but now Friday has gone, I'm worrying! Most of my peers have heard they have places but not me! My grades have been good and I am wondering why I'm having to wait
Reply 18
Original post by Iwantimperial
I worried as well. I got interview on 7th Feburary.But still no reply now! Do you peers got offer from other department? Except imperial, there are no university good at CE!

We all were applying for the same course, so this is why I am worried, It is actually affecting my health now as I suffer from an anxiety
I can't sleep well actually. U made me....Wtf...What about their condition? Do you know?
Original post by Maj99
We all were applying for the same course, so this is why I am worried, It is actually affecting my health now as I suffer from an anxiety

Quick Reply