The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Darwin College? Large/Standard Rooms?

Hello :smile:

I'm trying to decide on my accommodation choices (1st and 2nd will be tyler court) But for my 3rd and 4th choices I'm thinking Darwin college.

I was just wondering what the difference is between a standard and large room?

As on the Kent accommodation site application thing it just displays the same pictures for both of them. I understand a large room is obviously a bit more expensive, but I was wondering if anything else is different or it's literally just the fact that it's larger and more expensive for the large room? Are they nicer etc? Do all of the Darwin rooms have that brick pattern layout thing on the inside of the rooms on the walls? Coz I heard everything had been refurbished?

Also does anyone happen to have any photos? Couldn't see much about Darwin on here :frown:!

(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Alejandro
Hello :smile:

I'm trying to decide on my accommodation choices (1st and 2nd will be tyler court) But for my 3rd and 4th choices I'm thinking Darwin college.

I was just wondering what the difference is between a standard and large room?

As on the Kent accommodation site application thing it just displays the same pictures for both of them. I understand a large room is obviously a bit more expensive, but I was wondering if anything else is different or it's literally just the fact that it's larger and more expensive for the large room? Are they nicer etc? Do all of the Darwin rooms have that brick pattern layout thing on the inside of the rooms on the walls? Coz I heard everything had been refurbished?

Also does anyone happen to have any photos? Couldn't see much about Darwin on here :frown:!

Which tyler court is your first choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by reggaeiscool
Which tyler court is your first choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

B/C

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't understand why no one has chosen A lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I don't understand why no one has chosen A lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've seen a few people on here chose A! And A is my 2nd choice, I've just put b/c first as I heard they're newer and a bit bigger :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alejandro
I've seen a few people on here chose A! And A is my 2nd choice, I've just put b/c first as I heard they're newer and a bit bigger :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeahh they are. & I actually haven't seen anyone choose A as their first. So if anyone reads this and has chosen A as their first, do comment on here lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Yeahh they are. & I actually haven't seen anyone choose A as their first. So if anyone reads this and has chosen A as their first, do comment on here lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I don't think it overly matters anyway cause a lot of people won't even get their first choice accommodation! And they have to equally fill up every place so even if you do get A I'm sure they'll be lots of people on here that's got A too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
My Mum went to Kent! she stayed in Darwin and she said that the large rooms were like at the end of the corridors so you weren't really with everyone else, but it may have changed now.....
Reply 8

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm going to apply for Tyler court A as my 1st choice :smile:
Original post by Anair
I'm going to apply for Tyler court A as my 1st choice :smile:

Have you joined the kent firmers facebook group?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Have you joined the kent firmers facebook group?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I have!!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending