The Student Room Group

Official AQA GCSE Biology Unit 2 22nd Janurary NEW SPEC

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Good luck to everyone! Not feeling confident about this exam at all.. leaving my retake options wide open for this exam :mad::smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 101
What time are people gonna sleep today/ I'm gonna sleep at 9:30 so I can leave some room in for revision in the morning!:biggrin:
Reply 102
Original post by books123
Good luck to everyone! Not feeling confident about this exam at all.. leaving my retake options wide open for this exam :mad::smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You'll do fine!
If it makes you feel any better, a group of my friends also taking the exam said they were going out sledging all day haha! Sounds like they're worrying about the exam as much as we are :wink:

EDIT: I try to sleep at around 9:30pm but it always ends up with me thinking about some sort of concept, like the different structures in a cell or something haha! I get to sleep at around 10:30pm usually (: I guess i'm just crazy.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Mrkingpenguin
it's to stop people who dont really know the answer writing lots of things that they think maybe right and hedging their bets. If you write something correct, you will get the mark, no need to go OTT

Yep I know :smile:
Reply 104
Original post by BI0
You'll do fine!
If it makes you feel any better, a group of my friends also taking the exam said they were going out sledging all day haha! Sounds like they're worrying about the exam as much as we are :wink:

EDIT: I try to sleep at around 9:30pm but it always ends up with me thinking about some sort of concept, like the different structures in a cell or something haha! I get to sleep at around 10:30pm usually (: I guess i'm just crazy.

Lol, well wish you the best of luck tomorrow man! I can smell the exam :eek: and gonna go over the whole book again! Talk about it tomorrow?
Reply 105
Right I've been revising all day and I'm still terrified. Does anyone have any general exam tips? Like 'read the question' etc
Reply 106
Yeah! Usually I hate talking about exams because if someone proves me wrong on a question, I'll be sad for the rest of the day haha. But i'm confident about this one! :smile:

General exam tips!
- be concise!
- answer in context
- read the question!
- remember two points for 2 marks, three for 3 marks!
Original post by Arshii
Mitosis, occurs in body cells for repairing and growth.
1. The chromosomes copy themselves
2. The cell starts to divide
3. The cell divides forming a new (daughter cell), with exactly the same genetic informations as its parent cell.

Meiosis occurs in the gametes, containing the half the number of chromosomes. And basically, the divides again from mitosis forming 4 new cells, with the half number of chromosomes - 23. So, it divides twice...
Hope this helps :smile: x

It states in the spec that knowledge and understanding of the stages of mitosis and meiosis is not required

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 108
Original post by issie1234
Right I've been revising all day and I'm still terrified. Does anyone have any general exam tips? Like 'read the question' etc

Never skim the question, especially when it is very descriptive. Also sleep early and keep hydrated. Eat a banana ( good source of carbohydrates and nothing to big).

Good luck!
Reply 109
Original post by BI0
Yeah! Usually I hate talking about exams because if someone proves me wrong on a question, I'll be sad for the rest of the day haha. But i'm confident about this one! :smile:

General exam tips!
- be concise!
- answer in context
- read the question!
- remember two points for 2 marks, three for 3 marks!

Me too, got an A* in the mock exam, hopefully it can be repeated :redface:
Reply 110
Good night all! Best of luck in the exam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have a question. There's nothing to do with glucose blood rates and insulin in B2 is there? I haven't learnt anything of such but I saw a question to do with it in one of the past papers. I'm kinda freaking out now :s-smilie:
Reply 112
^No, those 45 minute papers follow a different specification than the 1 hour papers.
Original post by username_n/a
I have a question. There's nothing to do with glucose blood rates and insulin in B2 is there? I haven't learnt anything of such but I saw a question to do with it in one of the past papers. I'm kinda freaking out now :s-smilie:

Nope there isn't, it must have been on the old spec :P
Reply 114
Original post by Hilton184
It states in the spec that knowledge and understanding of the stages of mitosis and meiosis is not required

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohhhh :/ But, everywhere I read it states all the steps and how it occurs...even my revision guide. But, it'll help to understand the process better.. ohh well aha :smile:
Original post by BI0
^No, those 45 minute papers follow a different specification than the 1 hour papers.

Oh thanks. What are the one hour papers called then?
Original post by ThatGirlx
Nope there isn't, it must have been on the old spec :P

Whew. Thanks
Note to everyone

If it asks for one point:
and you give more than one, one of which is incorrect, it will negate (take away) the mark.
The same rule applies to 2 point questions

Reply 118
top tip.... when writing answers, try and give a definition of whatever you are describing as this seems to be worth a valid mark in the mark schemes for past paper that i have looked at.
Reply 119
Original post by Meesh14
top tip.... when writing answers, try and give a definition of whatever you are describing as this seems to be worth a valid mark in the mark schemes for past paper that i have looked at.

Yeah, seconded. That's a really good tip!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending