The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by salmon-aiman
Yes thanks for that...:L
I have just been told to rewrite my english again -_- or at least some of it, and i had thought it was pretty good to start with too tbh! :frown:

naww, dw I thought eng coursework was a headache, I spent hours on it (it did pay off) but thats what put me off it for a-level, although I did love it.
Keeping going :smile: coursework are easy marks :smile: so you can afford to drop abit in the exam if its a hard paper, but I found eng was all about technique.
Original post by MedMed12
naww, dw I thought eng coursework was a headache, I spent hours on it (it did pay off) but thats what put me off it for a-level, although I did love it.
Keeping going :smile: coursework are easy marks :smile: so you can afford to drop abit in the exam if its a hard paper, but I found eng was all about technique.

Thanks haha, yeah i guess its easier to do well in coursework but we got a new teacher from cambridge and she's very strict with marking-________-... what did you get in it, if you dont mind me asking? :smile:
Thanks haha, yeah i guess its easier to do well in coursework but we got a new teacher from cambridge and she's very strict with marking-________-... what did you get in it, if you dont mind me asking? :smile:

aha dw, it means when she sends it to the exam boards, youll do better when its moderated inshallah :smile:
I got A* in English (I was very lucky in Lit)
aha dw, it means when she sends it to the exam boards, youll do better when its moderated inshallah :smile:

I hope so!!! haha thanks!! and ... :eek:
Reply 4324

hey sis, now there are at least two a* peeps on here to take the piss out of you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I hope so!!! haha thanks!! and ... :eek:

its all about technique. I didnt revise for it until the day before really and with lit, only learnt 4 quotes which could be adapted to several titles (as it had a broad meaning :wink: ). Although, I did make a prediction of what may come up and it did, hence why i was super lucky.

Mashallah! what did you get for your other subjects!:smile:
Original post by Zeegie
hey sis, now there are at least two a* peeps on here to take the piss out of you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

just because u got 9A* NERD.
Original post by Armani786
Mashallah! what did you get for your other subjects!:smile:

A*s and an A (in ICT)
Reply 4329
just because u got 9A* NERD.

problem? :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
A*s and an A (in ICT)

Mahallah! Wow thats amazing! you are sooo clever!
What exam board were you with for ICT!
Thats just amazing:biggrin:
Original post by Armani786
Mahallah! Wow thats amazing! you are sooo clever!
What exam board were you with for ICT!
Thats just amazing:biggrin:

erm I think AQA
did it in a year early so i dont really remember aha
Reply 4332
yeah one patient had a stroke and I remember coming home and just thinking about it for ages :l and because I'm like quite young and alot of them dont really see young people that much, they get really happy (which is quite cute) :')
exactly, one of them in ICU was telling me about 'never give up on your dreams' and all :l
yeah very vunerable- its sensitive especially its inevitable that alot will die
on BBC, theres an article about the baby boom occuring again :tongue:
hmm definitely, I dont actually mind going to the doctors, but of the whole doc patient relationship, as we always have a catch up :P its quite strange, how they are like friends as well as your doctor.
your HCA job has got to be the best experience ever. I'm defo doing that if I have to reapply. My friend is atm and apart from one time with 10 days of shifts and then being swore at, punched, hit etc shes loving it and is now working full time.
been up to much else? got plans for the rest of your gap yah ?

Yeah, I kind of got used to it after the first few patients died. I mean, I still remember the names of some of my favourite patients, but it's fairly routine for me now. I've even handled a few dead bodies. At the ECU, they all think I'm in my 40's :giggle: and they all tell me something similar or that I'd make a great doctor. I'm actually signing up for a course that will teach me how to cannulate which will be good fun :giggle: It seems that doctors initially struggle to do it, so it'll be cool if I can do it from the start :smile:

Yeah, that's why I want to work there. Although they're all going to die sooner rather than later, I think giving them a reasonable quality of life is very important after all the years they (may) have contributed to society.

Link me to this article. :smile:

Of course you have a catch up, nothing wrong with that, but the professional boundaries are maintained. Try to take the conversation somewhere weird for example, an area which a doctor shouldn't be answering or expecting and you'll probably see :wink:

Yeah, being a HCA was fun, but after a short while I got used to everything and learnt everything there was to be learnt. Plus, a lot of the staff in my ward were not very supportive and the workload was immense. As a result, it became tedious soon enough. But working in radiology is a completely new (and very exciting shall I say!) experience! I can actually somehwat read the CT scan images now as well which is totally worth a lot of bragging rights :tongue: Like I can identify a lot of organs and trace down the aorta from the heart all the way to the kidneys and what not which is epic :smile:

Not much really. Learning to play the guitar and some immense gaming (just one game really :lol: ). Planning to do some travelling soon though, somewhere! Not sure where though :smile:
erm I think AQA
did it in a year early so i dont really remember aha

Awwww! You got any tips to give?:biggrin:
Reply 4334

You're so clever sis! :eek3: You did better than me in GCSEs AND are doing better than me in A Levels :wink:

PS, I got A*'s in English Lit and Lang :biggrin: (100% in Lit :wink: )
Only came on here to request dua/al fatiha for my aunty. need it as she's really un well in hospital. That is all.
Reply 4336
Original post by Maryb_101
Only came on here to request dua/al fatiha for my aunty. need it as she's really un well in hospital. That is all.

:hugs: Will make dua. Hope she gets well soon :smile:
Original post by Revent
:hugs: Will make dua. Hope she gets well soon :smile:

JazakAllah.
Appreciated.
Reply 4338
Original post by Maryb_101

ofcourse sis....hope your aunty gets well soon and may Allah look after all of you...stay strong I prayed for you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4339
Original post by Revent
You're so clever sis! :eek3: You did better than me in GCSEs AND are doing better than me in A Levels :wink:

PS, I got A*'s in English Lit and Lang :biggrin: (100% in Lit :wink: )

hahahha thanks bhai but it will depend on my alevels loool....which are pretty annoying atm...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest