The Student Room Group

My offer is gone

Hello! :smile:

I got a conditional offer from the University of Westminster about 3 days ago, so when I viewed my tracking page on UCAS it said:
University of Westminster - Conditional Offer - Last update: 16 January.
I also read the letter with everything I had to do to be admitted

Now the offer is gone. It's like they've never given me the offer, the tracking page on UCAS says:
University of Westminster - - Last update: 13 January.

By the way, 13 January is the day I sent my application. Does anyone know how is this possible? It was a mistake giving me the offer in the first place or they've retired it?

Thank you :smile:
The best thing to do would be to contact UCAS and ask them. As far as I know, an offer can't just disappear. You could try logging in with a different browser,but I doubt it's a computer error.
Wait until Monday and see if the system updates itself, then if it hasnt reappeared, phone UCAS and they can sort it out for you.

Dont panic. Its simply a data error.
Reply 3
Haha, I didn't panic, I was just surprised! :smile:

Thanks to the both of you, is there anyone else who has already experienced a similar situation?
Simple question, but did you try refreshing the page/ logging out and back in again?

Some sites such as TSR are aweful with me. Even though i've seen a 'newer' version of the page it usually shows me an older version, especially on threads.
Reply 5
Original post by Clare~Bear
Simple question, but did you try refreshing the page/ logging out and back in again?

Some sites such as TSR are aweful with me. Even though i've seen a 'newer' version of the page it usually shows me an older version, especially on threads.

Yes I tried, nothing changed.
does anyone know where I can contact Ucas by email?
Phone them. That way you can get a clear answer on the phone there and then.
Original post by LukeLuke88
Yes I tried, nothing changed.
does anyone know where I can contact Ucas by email?

You can't - if they want you to email you then they give you a specific address. If you need to contact them then you have to phone.

As ever with phoning any organisation about your uni application - ask for the name and job title of the person you speak to, write it down somewhere (even just in an email to yourself) along with the date/time and what they said. It's amazing the difference in the quality of advice you get when the person you're speaking to knows they will be held accountable plus if you've got a record it makes it easier to iron out any mistakes.
Reply 8
Original post by PQ
You can't - if they want you to email you then they give you a specific address. If you need to contact them then you have to phone.

As ever with phoning any organisation about your uni application - ask for the name and job title of the person you speak to, write it down somewhere (even just in an email to yourself) along with the date/time and what they said. It's amazing the difference in the quality of advice you get when the person you're speaking to knows they will be held accountable plus if you've got a record it makes it easier to iron out any mistakes.

Thanks, that's reallygreat advice you gave me here! :smile::smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending