The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Armani786
Awwww! You got any tips to give?:biggrin:

1. put the hours in the coursework- its horrid but its not that bad afterwards (easy marks remember as cwk is worth more
2. exam grade boundaries for ICT are very high so do revise, do past papers :l its just learning it really

what other subjects do you do? :smile:

We had to sit all our gcse exams in one go, so really couldnt afford to muck up (no retakes) and had about 30 exams in one go :P sad times!
How have your exams been so far? :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4341
Original post by Zeegie
hahahha thanks bhai but it will depend on my alevels loool....which are pretty annoying atm...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Brainiac :tongue:
Original post by Revent
Yeah, I kind of got used to it after the first few patients died. I mean, I still remember the names of some of my favourite patients, but it's fairly routine for me now. I've even handled a few dead bodies. At the ECU, they all think I'm in my 40's :giggle: and they all tell me something similar or that I'd make a great doctor. I'm actually signing up for a course that will teach me how to cannulate which will be good fun :giggle: It seems that doctors initially struggle to do it, so it'll be cool if I can do it from the start :smile:

Yeah, that's why I want to work there. Although they're all going to die sooner rather than later, I think giving them a reasonable quality of life is very important after all the years they (may) have contributed to society.

Link me to this article. :smile:

Of course you have a catch up, nothing wrong with that, but the professional boundaries are maintained. Try to take the conversation somewhere weird for example, an area which a doctor shouldn't be answering or expecting and you'll probably see :wink:

Yeah, being a HCA was fun, but after a short while I got used to everything and learnt everything there was to be learnt. Plus, a lot of the staff in my ward were not very supportive and the workload was immense. As a result, it became tedious soon enough. But working in radiology is a completely new (and very exciting shall I say!) experience! I can actually somehwat read the CT scan images now as well which is totally worth a lot of bragging rights :tongue: Like I can identify a lot of organs and trace down the aorta from the heart all the way to the kidneys and what not which is epic :smile:

Not much really. Learning to play the guitar and some immense gaming (just one game really :lol: ). Planning to do some travelling soon though, somewhere! Not sure where though :smile:

ahh yeah its nice to get over this stage before med school :smile: its just that little bit more encouraging, and the worst would be starting medicine and realising you cant cope with death situations. Ahah how come? Are you tall or do you look older than you're age? I've had weird responses- i've been called Dr several times, but then I've also had,'why is a kid wandering around the ward?' :l ohh wow, nice one!
I'm hoping to do something like that, it would be nice to be alittle more comfortable with taking blood and doing cannulas by fy1 year (unless some of the fy1s from Jr Dr)
Exactly! One day we'll be old, and tbh it must be terrifying for them to look back and think on the years when they could do things themselves, were able to run, study and remember things and stuff and seeing themselves in the old state.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-21120593

hahaha actually its my doc bringing awkward stuff like that up, like 'you're not preggers are you? sure about that? or he'll ask my mum.... she hasnt been up to any funny business has she?' or 'high five buddy' ahah I'm tempted one time to do something super awks, but havent decided what yet.
tbh, its a good insight into erratic shifts and working under pressure :smile:
oh wow go you! I cant understand the scans haha but one time the doc was like 'whats this' 'its tissue' 'well done and whats this' its fat' 'excellent and this..' 'its muscle' 'very impressive' hahah so patronising!

ohh sounds good :smile:a years break is never unappreciated aha! I guess the job takes alot of it up!
Reply 4343
Original post by MedMed12
ahh yeah its nice to get over this stage before med school :smile: its just that little bit more encouraging, and the worst would be starting medicine and realising you cant cope with death situations. Ahah how come? Are you tall or do you look older than you're age? I've had weird responses- i've been called Dr several times, but then I've also had,'why is a kid wandering around the ward?' :l ohh wow, nice one!
I'm hoping to do something like that, it would be nice to be alittle more comfortable with taking blood and doing cannulas by fy1 year (unless some of the fy1s from Jr Dr)
Exactly! One day we'll be old, and tbh it must be terrifying for them to look back and think on the years when they could do things themselves, were able to run, study and remember things and stuff and seeing themselves in the old state.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-21120593

hahaha actually its my doc bringing awkward stuff like that up, like 'you're not preggers are you? sure about that? or he'll ask my mum.... she hasnt been up to any funny business has she?' or 'high five buddy' ahah I'm tempted one time to do something super awks, but havent decided what yet.
tbh, its a good insight into erratic shifts and working under pressure :smile:
oh wow go you! I cant understand the scans haha but one time the doc was like 'whats this' 'its tissue' 'well done and whats this' its fat' 'excellent and this..' 'its muscle' 'very impressive' hahah so patronising!

ohh sounds good :smile:a years break is never unappreciated aha! I guess the job takes alot of it up!

Well, yeah, it was something good to get used to :smile: Especially when there are people there who remind you of family members. Like I remember one lady who was just like my grandmother, in every way she behaved and what not. Then a couple of days later, I was the one who had to sort out her dead body. That was a bit upsetting. I'm 5.11/6.0 :tongue: and I look old for my age but not THAT old :lol: I get called Dr all the time :giggle: I don't deny it :tongue: I just say I'm not there quite yet :laugh:

Yeah, Junior Doctors is what made me want to cannulate :giggle: Because they all struggle so much, so I wanna be a pro by the time I start :laugh:

Yeah, that's my logic, although I wanna be dead before I stop walking and stuff like that cos I like to do things for myself and can't stand the thought of being so helpless. I like helping, not being helped :tongue:

Yeah, but that's still in the boundaries :tongue: Ask if you can add him on facebook or something :laugh: or tell him to make one so you can add him :rofl:

Well, I can't tell from a muscle and a tissue in a CT scan. Not even sure if it's possible :laugh: but bones yup.
Reply 4344
Original post by Maryb_101
Only came on here to request dua/al fatiha for my aunty. need it as she's really un well in hospital. That is all.

Aww she'll be okay Inshallah
our dua's are with her
hope you & your fam are okay
:suith:
Reply 4345
Original post by Revent
As you wish :wink:

and it's just to wind up the Pak Soc :mmm: :giggle: like Pakistani girls = sisters though :tongue:

As long as you have that respect for us sisters its all good :smile:
I've heard you're a hafiz?correct me if I'm wrong but I'm finding it so hard to believe
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4346
Original post by Bee3011
Heya

How are you?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Revent
Well, yeah, it was something good to get used to :smile: Especially when there are people there who remind you of family members. Like I remember one lady who was just like my grandmother, in every way she behaved and what not. Then a couple of days later, I was the one who had to sort out her dead body. That was a bit upsetting. I'm 5.11/6.0 :tongue: and I look old for my age but not THAT old :lol: I get called Dr all the time :giggle: I don't deny it :tongue: I just say I'm not there quite yet :laugh:

Yeah, Junior Doctors is what made me want to cannulate :giggle: Because they all struggle so much, so I wanna be a pro by the time I start :laugh:

Yeah, that's my logic, although I wanna be dead before I stop walking and stuff like that cos I like to do things for myself and can't stand the thought of being so helpless. I like helping, not being helped :tongue:

Yeah, but that's still in the boundaries :tongue: Ask if you can add him on facebook or something :laugh: or tell him to make one so you can add him :rofl:

Well, I can't tell from a muscle and a tissue in a CT scan. Not even sure if it's possible :laugh: but bones yup.

Exactly :smile: thats so sweet! How are your working hours btw? Getting a job in the speciality should be OK as its not very popular and generally the hours for this are fine, but atm the UK is having a baby boom so the demand for paeds and neonatal may increase?

Hahaha 40 year old looking at 18-19 would be abit worrying! Same, I usually just say, aha not quite and
they'll be like 'which year are you in now dear?' ahaha doctors joke I havent been conceived yet and next year inshallah ill be premature :tongue:

experience is just priceless in Med :smile:

Yes!!! or ask if he'd like to come to my birthday party ahaha

Not on a CT, I meant in real life during surgery aha
Original post by Revent
But I want to work in geriatrics. :nothing: That's not typical. Plus, I didn't want to do it before really; now I do.

Jr Drs on tonight :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Original post by Furbs
How are you?

I'm good thanks :smile:
What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Maryb_101
Only came on here to request dua/al fatiha for my aunty. need it as she's really un well in hospital. That is all.

in shaa Allah your aunty will be okay
she will be in all our duaas
and may Allah give her strength and make her well
ameen
im the new kid on the block
:smile:
Original post by MedMed12
1. put the hours in the coursework- its horrid but its not that bad afterwards (easy marks remember as cwk is worth more
2. exam grade boundaries for ICT are very high so do revise, do past papers :l its just learning it really

what other subjects do you do? :smile:

We had to sit all our gcse exams in one go, so really couldnt afford to muck up (no retakes) and had about 30 exams in one go :P sad times!
How have your exams been so far? :smile:

Thank you for the advice!
I'm doing:
media studies
History
Child development
Religious studies (short course)
and there is maths, science and english language and english lit.
Yeah i have to do that for history do it all in one go.
My exams have been good so far I think there going well!
What are all the subjects that you did for your GCSE's?:biggrin:
When it's exam period> Soc is busy.

When we have nothing important to do> Soc is less busy.

Where's the logic?! :lolwut:
Original post by DontJudge

well hello there beautiful :smile:
Original post by PancreaticJuice
well hello there beautiful :smile:

Braah I ain't homo. Why you hittin on me still. Dat iz bare gay.
Braah I ain't homo. Why you hittin on me still. Dat iz bare gay.

dj my pyaaaaaaaaaaar
shush
youre mineee :x
That chem exam was the biggest mare. What a fail.
Reply 4358

Hhaahaha thank god you're back.... :biggrin:
Where can I start lol...
Original post by PancreaticJuice
dj my pyaaaaaaaaaaar
shush
youre mineee :x

Oh god, I can't even be bothered checking which one you are.
But I'll just go with the flow anyways.

Merrii jaaaaaan.
Thusehhh kuthehhh jaaa? (Mirpuri)
Aap meri saath aja.

Original post by Zeegie
Hhaahaha thank god you're back.... :biggrin:
Where can I start lol...

Haha. I banned my self in order to get some university work done you see.
How did all your exams go? :smile:

Latest