The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Accommodation at Strathclyde University

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
Moving into Andrew Ure this Saturday! Can't wait!
Anyone know how much closet space I'll have?
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Original post by kimir
Moving into Andrew Ure this Saturday! Can't wait!
Anyone know how much closet space I'll have?

You won't have tonnes, enough for a load of shirts and to store some bedding. There was also a roll out tray beneath my bed too, which was handy :smile:
Hey got our first inspection of halls on Monday just wondering what exactly to expect? Do they rifle through your drawers or just glance at your room? Also flat of underagers with copious amounts of alcohol any advice on what we should do or will they not mind?
Original post by Aztecnails
Hey got our first inspection of halls on Monday just wondering what exactly to expect? Do they rifle through your drawers or just glance at your room? Also flat of underagers with copious amounts of alcohol any advice on what we should do or will they not mind?

They will just peek into your room. Hide the booze in bags & cupboards or something if you feel like there is going to be consequences from them being lying around, haha. I wasn't in the flat as we had our inspection but from what my flatmate told me they just checked that all the surfaces were ok. Remember not to leave the dishes in the sink!
Thanks for the quick response :smile: okay good was worried they were gonna confiscate the drink I worked so hard to buy :wink: yeah I'll hide it in my cupboard then :P and thanks again :smile:
Heyy is there any Strathclyde girl out there who wants to move away from home or just looking for accommodation?? I have a room in halls but my parents just bought a flat in Glasgow and I'd like to move there, but need someone to take my place

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 366
Really want to live in halls but i live like 3 miles away from strath i can drive there in like 20 minutes. Would they even give me a room
Original post by Skymix
Really want to live in halls but i live like 3 miles away from strath i can drive there in like 20 minutes. Would they even give me a room

Well, you can always try asking, probably better luck after uni has already started, but they put people coming from further away first.
Original post by Skymix

Are you currently a student at strath or coming in september??
Reply 369
Original post by Tinacristina
Are you currently a student at strath or coming in september??

coming in september
Original post by Skymix
coming in september

There were something like 50 empty rooms this year, so its not impossible that you will be able to get a room. There are also private halls very close if you don't mind paying a bit more.
Reply 371
I've heard a few people say that they are not fond of Strathyde's accommodation policy but I can't seem to find any faults. Can you have visitors to stay and stuff like that?
Original post by emmiemce
I've heard a few people say that they are not fond of Strathyde's accommodation policy but I can't seem to find any faults. Can you have visitors to stay and stuff like that?

Yeah, of course. I just ask my flatmates if it's ok if someone's staying over the night. The uni halls don't have a system where you'd have to check in your guests.

Hmm I can't think of anything strict or anything that they do.
Compared to other unis they are really relaxed.
Anyone can come or go, parties are fine unless they get really out of hand (like the whole student village turns up).

The only thing that annoyed me was the cleaning inspectors, we got failed because our bathroom was dirty. My flatmate was throwing up from food poisoning during the inspection and the woman failed us for that!

It's really good I thought.

Anyone who isn't fond of it has obviously never been to halls at Stirling Uni :tongue:
Reply 375
Original post by FinnLassie
Yeah, of course. I just ask my flatmates if it's ok if someone's staying over the night. The uni halls don't have a system where you'd have to check in your guests.

Ahh okay that's fine then! I've heard of some other universities where that sort of system is in place :redface: Hopefully be joining Strathclyde in September :smile:
Reply 376
Original post by Popppppy
Hmm I can't think of anything strict or anything that they do.
Compared to other unis they are really relaxed.
Anyone can come or go, parties are fine unless they get really out of hand (like the whole student village turns up).

The only thing that annoyed me was the cleaning inspectors, we got failed because our bathroom was dirty. My flatmate was throwing up from food poisoning during the inspection and the woman failed us for that!

Thanks for your help :smile: Thats a bit harsh! Hopefully there are some nicer inspectors ha
Ahh okay that's fine then! I've heard of some other universities where that sort of system is in place :redface: Hopefully be joining Strathclyde in September :smile:

I'm so glad Strathclyde doesn't have that, it really makes no sense especially if you only have some people visit for a few hours!

The only thing I could think of that people would complain about is that you have to fill out this form to the village office if you are having a flat party - you need to get the signatures from all of your flatmates. Which I don't think is bad at all, it's easier to check what went wrong if it gets out of hands when you know who had a party and where. I don't know how many people actually use that though, at least I don't! (but then again, there hasn't been a single party in this flat :tongue:)

Ooh, what have you applied for? :smile: x
Reply 378
Original post by Skymix

No chance, they say you're only eligible for student accomodation when you are living at least 25 miles away from university!
Steph.b is right:

Students living outside a 25 mile radius of the city centre are eligible to apply for University accommodation.

Source: http://www.strath.ac.uk/accommodation/admissionspolicy/

Which I find a bit silly, I mean, there's a lot of empty rooms. :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending