The Student Room Group

Opinions on girl gamers?

The title asks the question really, I'm a girl who enjoys a game of Fifa now and then, and often end up beating friends by quite a margin (10-0 the last one I think, still waiting on the moonpig apology card).
What I was wondering is how people (mainly guys) would think about this, whether guys would feel embarrassed if they were beaten by a girl or whether they would be happy they could play with one? And would it make it more or less likely they would want a relationship or indifferent? Thanks :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If you share common interests with a guy then surely that's a good thing :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Elliot193
If you share common interests with a guy then surely that's a good thing :smile:

Yeah I thought so but I can see a lot of guys getting annoyed if they got beaten (or nearly beaten) by a girl?
Reply 3
Girl gamers are hot. :^_^:
Reply 4
I think it's cool. Though 9/10 times we actually let you win :tongue:
Reply 5
Original post by Lizzie232
The title asks the question really, I'm a girl who enjoys a game of Fifa now and then, and often end up beating friends by quite a margin (10-0 the last one I think, still waiting on the moonpig apology card).
What I was wondering is how people (mainly guys) would think about this, whether guys would feel embarrassed if they were beaten by a girl or whether they would be happy they could play with one? And would it make it more or less likely they would want a relationship or indifferent? Thanks :smile:

I don't think anyone wants to be beaten 10-0, be it by a guy or a girl :tongue:
Reply 6
Original post by 2ndClass
I think it's cool. Though 9/10 times we actually let you win :tongue:

Or you tell us that 9/10 :wink:
I really like girl gamers because they're so different from other girls. Also it shows me that they aren't just like all other girls they like different things which means they're unique. Just my opinion though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Girl gamers are great, if anything, Id imagine for most guys it would make them want to be in a relationship with you more.
girl gamers are great, girls who think theyre gamers because they play the sims or the occasional game of cod not so, even worse are girls who pretend to enjoy games just to get attention.
I don't think a girl that enjoys a game of Fifa now and then constitutes as a 'girl gamer', more a 'a girl who enjoys videogames from time to time'.

The bottom is hot, the top, not so much.
I enjoy playing video games, and my boyfriend like that fact.

I got totally addicted to Final Fantasy, and Broken Sword! Was crazy times. I enjoy sitting watching my boyfriend play Assassins Creed etc. And Zelda, I got addicted to watching him play that game haha.
Original post by Id and Ego seek
I don't think a girl that enjoys a game of Fifa now and then constitutes as a 'girl gamer', more a 'a girl who enjoys videogames from time to time'.

I laughed so much at that image. So damn true.
Original post by Lizzie232

I don't think there is anything wrong with being beaten by a girl. I personally would like to see more girl gamers hitting the big scene - on youtube and in the pro circuit. Also girl gamers mean you have girls to talk to while you game.
Reply 14

Yeah I'm sorry for confusing you, I was just trying to play it down slightly caus I thought giving you a list of the games and how often I play them would be a tad OTT. I agree on disliking those girls who say how bad they are at games etc for attention.
Reply 15
... sorry I just love danisnotonfire

[video="youtube;8GIzNz1mcQk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GIzNz1mcQk[/video]
Reply 16

I'd have to agree with this!
Reply 17
Girl Gamers are amazing! ...I'm bias though, I am one!
They're less amazing now that people are using games as an excuse to get guys. I mean, come on! Aren't games brilliant enough that it's perfectly acceptable to be forever alone? I'd be happy to be married to Brynjolf (Skryim) and have done with it! ...If Bethesda would let me:-(
A lot of people who question whether guys find gaming attractive are arguably not 'real gamers' in my opinion... You have no idea how angry it makes me to see girls walking around playing angry birds going 'OH MY GOD I'M A GIRL GAMER HAHA' or wearing shirts with 'GEEK' or 'NERD' on them.
I find it insulting.
As if a REAL nerd would bother with orange fake-tan!;D

Hahahahah omigosh that bottom one is me. XP

I mean, really, does it matter what gender you are? If you enjoy gaming, then you enjoy gaming. It's no different from any other hobby. ^^

It's nice to see that there are other female gamers though. I suppose one of my worries is that, when I go to uni, I'll not find people who share my interests. But this forum reassures me. :smile:

Pokémon. Assassin's Creed. Skyrim. I think I could live happily. B)
Reply 19
Original post by geminibynature
I mean, really, does it matter what gender you are? If you enjoy gaming, then you enjoy gaming. It's no different from any other hobby. ^^

Exactly how I see it! :biggrin: If you're wanting to find fellow gamers at University, you'll have more luck joining a local Gaming Society or something. They host LAN parties and stuff for the members so I'm sure you'd be able to find some like-minded friends there!

Latest