The Student Room Group
The reception
Heriot-Watt University
Visit website

Heriot watt psychology?

I've applied for forensic psychology and psychology
what are the lecturers like at heriot watt??
the one at the open day was incredibly boring and I'm really put off :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jdowie
I've applied for forensic psychology and psychology
what are the lecturers like at heriot watt??
the one at the open day was incredibly boring and I'm really put off :frown:

Snap, i've applied for that too :smile: I can't remember what the lecturer was like that I spoke too, but I don't think I found them boring!

I have no advice to give, I'm just happy I've found someone applying to the same course! Is this your first choice or what?
The reception
Heriot-Watt University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by jennifeer11
Snap, i've applied for that too :smile: I can't remember what the lecturer was like that I spoke too, but I don't think I found them boring!

I have no advice to give, I'm just happy I've found someone applying to the same course! Is this your first choice or what?

Yeah first choice :smile: but I've only applied for it once....
Hmm it's just at other open days the psychology lectures were way more interesting...
Where else you applied to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jdowie
Yeah first choice :smile: but I've only applied for it once....
Hmm it's just at other open days the psychology lectures were way more interesting...
Where else you applied to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah were they, this was the only psychology course I applied for so I wouldn't know :tongue: eem criminology at stirling, napier and abertay. Where have you applied?
Reply 4
I have applied for the exact same! What highers are you doing/done?
Original post by bkay426
I have applied for the exact same! What highers are you doing/done?

Oh yay someone else! I got B's in maths, history and biology, and an A in admin. And this year I took higher english and geography, and advanced higher maths which I am failing haha. What about you?
Reply 6
I got B's in Rmps, Admin, Pe and A in Geography and this year I'm taking Higher English, accounts, business management and Food technology. I'm scared because I didn't take a higher science
Original post by bkay426
I got B's in Rmps, Admin, Pe and A in Geography and this year I'm taking Higher English, accounts, business management and Food technology. I'm scared because I didn't take a higher science

3 B's and an A the same as me haha. Does it say you need a science? I can't remember :tongue:
Reply 8
I've also applied to HW for psychology, anyone heard anything back?? So nerve racking!
Reply 9
Original post by hollysarah
I've also applied to HW for psychology, anyone heard anything back?? So nerve racking!

I got unconditionals this Wednesday! Speechless but heriot watt took the longest to get back to me so don't worry :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
OMG congrats! That's amazing! I've applied for both Applied Psychology and Psychology so you never know we might wind up in the same class! :biggrin:
Reply 11
OMG congrats! That's amazing! I've applied for both Applied Psychology and Psychology so you never know we might wind up in the same class! :biggrin:

That would be awesome! I'm still undecided, can't wait for the applicants days:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by Jdowie
That would be awesome! I'm still undecided, can't wait for the applicants days:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really anxious to hear back from them, my boyfriend has received unconditonal offers for both Mathematical Physics and Engineering Physics at HW so it'd be ideal :biggrin:
Reply 13
Aww don't worry about it too much :smile: yeah I got a friends who's already in 1st year of information systems there :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by Jdowie
Aww don't worry about it too much :smile: yeah I got a friends who's already in 1st year of information systems there :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I revived a conditional last week!!! Exciting times!
Reply 15
Original post by bkay426
I revived a conditional last week!!! Exciting times!

Congrats! :biggrin: Still not so patiently waiting to hear back. :P

Original post by Jdowie

Posted from TSR Mobile

Eee! So nervous :P
Reply 16
Received a conditional for forensic psychology yesterday, still waiting to hear back for psychology but its great to find other people who applied for similar courses! :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by katies32
Received a conditional for forensic psychology yesterday, still waiting to hear back for psychology but its great to find other people who applied for similar courses! :smile:

Wow, well done! Getting so frustrated waiting to hear back form them! D:
Reply 18
Wow, well done! Getting so frustrated waiting to hear back form them! D:

Thank you! I'm sure you'll hear back soon, they seem to be going through them all just now. Good luck!
Just got a conditional for forensic psychology. Only got to get a C in any higher though, I'm so shocked since there is only 15 places and I only got ABBB last year... :biggrin: Oh and also got to get a C in any higher for psychology alone aswell, but I'd rather do forensic!

Quick Reply

Latest