The Student Room Group

Eating Disorders and life with one - Discussions, Opinions, Advice.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5160
I've been getting worse recently, stopped eating altogether, went back to doctors and my referral has been changed to 'Urgent' :/
Original post by iJess
I've been getting worse recently, stopped eating altogether, went back to doctors and my referral has been changed to 'Urgent' :/

cuddles. And it'll still take them weeks to do anything, which is rediculous.

Is anyone else starting to get really bored of the snow? theres an icicle thats melting and its constant drip, drip, drip on my windowsill is making me want to rip my face off.

Spoiler

Reply 5162
I feel like I need advice from someone who understands how this feels. I feel completely huge. Sometimes I know I'm not, im a ten to twelve which I'm ashamed of and I don't know why. I keep getting anxious to leave my room, I don't even want to be around foo incase I eat it. My head just says I'm fat and disgusting and I fail at everything. I hate feeling like this constantly but I feel like a doctor would look at me and laugh. I dont know what to do anymore ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 05autyt
I feel like I need advice from someone who understands how this feels. I feel completely huge. Sometimes I know I'm not, im a ten to twelve which I'm ashamed of and I don't know why. I keep getting anxious to leave my room, I don't even want to be around foo incase I eat it. My head just says I'm fat and disgusting and I fail at everything. I hate feeling like this constantly but I feel like a doctor would look at me and laugh. I dont know what to do anymore ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll try and help best I can :P

You're right- you aren't huge, a size 10-12 is, for a start, lower than average, although that's irrelevant. Everyone's body is happier at different weights. I'm naturally a size 10-12 too- so don't be ashamed :wink: Losing weight won't make you happy, okay? I know it seems that way sometimes, and I had to nearly die to realise that, but it's true. You might not believe me, but I'm a million times happier now than I was when I was smaller. Why? Because I learned to love my body, and appreciate what it did for me instead of focusing too much on what it looks like. We're all humans and we all have flaws. You'll get a lot further focusing on fixing the problems with the way you think as opposed to trying to fix your body. Your body isn't the problem. Your head is.

A doctor won't laugh at you. Everyone has this idea that eating disorders are about weight and they're not. It's a mental disorder, not a physical one. You deserve help and support, please don't be afraid to get it.

Chin up. <3
hey guys i'd love some help here, any is really appreciated...

i'm a pretty healthy person, never really go to drs (luckily) and am generally in good health

but one problem i'm getting fed up with is being 'put off' food; for example, say you have a fly/hair in your soup, you wouldn't eat it right? most times i eat i can't stop thinking about these sorts of things that put me off and i really find it difficult to eat sometimes. it's really getting me down, just want to know, it's not abnormal to say not eat something if there's something in it , right?

Original post by laurasmileninja
I'll try and help best I can :P

You're right- you aren't huge, a size 10-12 is, for a start, lower than average, although that's irrelevant. Everyone's body is happier at different weights. I'm naturally a size 10-12 too- so don't be ashamed :wink: Losing weight won't make you happy, okay? I know it seems that way sometimes, and I had to nearly die to realise that, but it's true. You might not believe me, but I'm a million times happier now than I was when I was smaller. Why? Because I learned to love my body, and appreciate what it did for me instead of focusing too much on what it looks like. We're all humans and we all have flaws. You'll get a lot further focusing on fixing the problems with the way you think as opposed to trying to fix your body. Your body isn't the problem. Your head is.

A doctor won't laugh at you. Everyone has this idea that eating disorders are about weight and they're not. It's a mental disorder, not a physical one. You deserve help and support, please don't be afraid to get it.

Chin up. <3

I'm really scared to go to the doctor though. I feel like I wouldnt be able to speak. I'm just so ashamed :'(. I try to eat normally and then I freak out and throw up or cut. My best friend knows about it is being driven away because she cant cope. I feel like I have nobody. Thank you so much for replying. It really helps to just have someone who knows what I feel like <3
Reply 5166
Original post by Anonymous
I'm really scared to go to the doctor though. I feel like I wouldnt be able to speak. I'm just so ashamed :'(. I try to eat normally and then I freak out and throw up or cut. My best friend knows about it is being driven away because she cant cope. I feel like I have nobody. Thank you so much for replying. It really helps to just have someone who knows what I feel like <3

Oh that was me :/
Reply 5167
Has anyone here been on Olanzapine for recovery from Anorexia Nervosa?

Spoiler

Reply 5168
JL, I was (and am still taking) Olanzepine.

It is first and foremost an anti-psychotic drug as opposed to an anti-depressant. That sounds harsh but in reality it just slightly dulls your OMG OMG OMG shriekvoice telling you to "AVOID, RUN, HIDE!!"

You'll find you initially gain a little, but not for the reason you might think. Truth is, the drug doesn't "nyuk nyuk, fatten you up, evil drugs!!" - but because you literally stop fretting so much over eating normal amounts, and your body takes the opportunity to rebuild your poor wrecked, neglected frame.
Reply 5169
Ah thanks Toto :smile: That is slightly more reassuring than what I've been reading :smile: Still terrified of the weight gain prospect though :frown:
Argh, getting so worked up over nothing and now can't get rid of this negative angry feeling! I ask on another forum about a topic (and mentioned I have an ED), then suddenly i get people derailing the thread and telling me to seek help and quit what I'm doing (when I've already explained my situation).

i don't know why i'm worked up, maybe it's just the frustration I feel now that I've finally found a diet that is working for me and random people are trying to knock me down :frown:!
Does anyone else think that sex helps calm negative ED feelings? (not to be crude)
Original post by MelissaJayne
Does anyone else think that sex helps calm negative ED feelings? (not to be crude)

Yep. Whenever I've felt 'fat' and whatnot, sex has always helped. It's the chemicals that are released and also the feeling that someone finds you physically attractive. x
Original post by jazzykinks
Yep. Whenever I've felt 'fat' and whatnot, sex has always helped. It's the chemicals that are released and also the feeling that someone finds you physically attractive. x

Glad I'm not alone in that! I guess it could go either way, you'd either be put off as you don't feel attractive enough..or if you're with someone you trust etc, then you can let that barrier down and just embrace it all. And it really does help. I also find the gym (which I've recently) joined helps. I obviously note all calories burned and replace them with food later as to not lose any weight from it..but it still helps me feel better.
Glad I'm not alone in that! I guess it could go either way, you'd either be put off as you don't feel attractive enough..or if you're with someone you trust etc, then you can let that barrier down and just embrace it all. And it really does help. I also find the gym (which I've recently) joined helps. I obviously note all calories burned and replace them with food later as to not lose any weight from it..but it still helps me feel better.

its all of the endorphins :smile:.

Makes me feel worse, but then again I can't understand why my boyfriend would want to be with a hideous, fat lump like me :redface: I hear the compliments and I know him wanting me should make me feel good, but I never believe him. Stupid brain.
Original post by Anonymous
Makes me feel worse, but then again I can't understand why my boyfriend would want to be with a hideous, fat lump like me :redface: I hear the compliments and I know him wanting me should make me feel good, but I never believe him. Stupid brain.

^ this.
Reply 5177

Yes, yes, many times yes! (did an unintentional innuendo there I see..oh well go me I suppose) Reminds you that as a person who inhabits a body, your point of existence can be comprehensively reduced to reproducing other bodies. It is a fundamental purpose of being alive. AND in tandem to the biology basics, it's FUN times 10 (ED's are obviously rarely fun). Essentially it just makes you more appreciative of the awesomeness one can have in a fully functional body.

(P.S. :colondollar:)
Original post by cloppy
Yes, yes, many times yes! (did an unintentional innuendo there I see..oh well go me I suppose) Reminds you that as a person who inhabits a body, your point of existence can be comprehensively reduced to reproducing other bodies. It is a fundamental purpose of being alive. AND in tandem to the biology basics, it's FUN times 10 (ED's are obviously rarely fun). Essentially it just makes you more appreciative of the awesomeness one can have in a fully functional body.

(P.S. :colondollar:)

rep, you go girl hahaha :colone:
I'm doing a course at Uni where I have to take placements. At placement I usually finish earlier than others for lunch, so I prefer to eat my lunch before everyone else gets there (I hate eating in front of others). Then usually the staff all sit and chat together while they eat their lunch. My mentor type person notices my eating habits and today she finally mentioned something she said "have you got your lunch?" and i said yeah i have had it earlier. But it's obvious she didn't believe me. I think the other staff have been talking too because when I was eating a banana when we were on a break, I could feeeeeel all the staff members casually looking over. Maybe I'm being paranoid but it's really getting to me. I don't have an ED but have in the past though I just don't like eating in front of others, and I'm worried I will fall back into my old habits if I'm under so much scrutiny. Equally I hate having to eat food in front of them to make them think I am actually eating. :/ Also when they are eating a lot of them are overweight and have massive portions of food and I can't help thinking about their food, and stuff, it's all I can think about throughout lunch. It's depressing.

Quick Reply

Latest