The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by Rooster523
Martin Tyler of Sky Sports commentary fame is the most arrogant, pompous man I've had the displeasure of meeting.

He was managing a primary school team in a football tournament I'd organised and after his team lost, launched into a tirade directed at a 14 year old referee about decisions he'd made during the game- telling the young lad that he was wrong and it was Martin Tyler's job to '****ing know the rules of the game'

How he can go on TV and preach about the lack of respect toward referees is a disgrace.

Abhorrent.

all refs are *****, 14 or not

martin tyler's a hero
Reply 181
Denise Van Outen came to see a play I was in at the Edinburgh Fringe once, she was so lovely and took the time to actually meet everyone afterwards. On the flipside of that, I once ran into her husband Lee Mead on the tube and he was horrid - go figure!

Also met Christopher Maloney on a train. He was exactly how you'd imagine him to be. Very orange, very tall, and very irritating.
Original post by ConnorB
I shadowed a journalist and as of a result interviewed Kelly Brook once as part of my work experience.

She's thick as pig ****. And uncooperative.

But I hit it off with Jason Mraz, he owns a avocado farm and loves Faulty Towers :wink:

Kelly Brook is from my home town so I know tons of people who have know her/met her. She definitely doesn't come off as bright in interviews. Was she good looking in person?
Original post by technoo
I really was :zomg: on his acting on Waterloo Rd, good :smile:

i know man he was really good in that!!
Original post by honeyandlemon
Kelly Brook is from my home town so I know tons of people who have know her/met her. She definitely doesn't come off as bright in interviews. Was she good looking in person?

She is actually stunning. But her looks got her about 40 seconds into the interview where by then, she'd just become grating. :rolleyes:
Liam Gallagher.
My Grandad used to chauffeur people from Heathrow to their hotels. He once asked me this question:
"Do you know a singer called Justin Timberlake"
"Yeah..."
"Oh, I drove him to his hotel yesterday, very nice bloke.. very quiet, didnt know who he was though..."

This was when JT had some major records out!

My Dad also helped consierge some filming they were doing at his work which starred Keira Knightly, I whatched the filming but didnt meet anyone. Sh was staying at out local pub/hotel and decided to take a walk around the village. whilst she was out, i think my Dad popped up for a pint with a few work mates, he was walking back home when who should walk past but Keira herself. Thinking that Dad would recognise her from helping her at work, she says "Hello", dad says hi and continues home...
"Dad, Keira Knightleys staying at the pub"
"Who?"
"The one whos doing the filming, the one whos the girl in Pirates of the Carribean"
"Oh her... so thats whos just walked past me"

And Johnny Depp has a house like ten mins away from me, but im yet to meet him....
Reply 187
Original post by HD182
Met Desmond from LOST at Heathrow Airport. Just spent a nine hour flight quoting him from LOST then I turned around I saw him! Nice guy - had a chat, shook hands, he asked about my trip - safe guy.

I hope when you parted ways you said, "see you in another life, brotha."
Reply 188
Original post by Biddyish
You know you could just just give yourself a tagline saying you're a ****.

It would save having to read your posts and working it out :smile:

And you could just avoid wasting my time by writing **** to me and admitting your a ****

It would save having to read your posts and working it out :smile:
Reply 189
When I was 10 I met Rick Stein on a school trip, we weren't expecting to see him but we went to this cookery morning at his restaurant and when we left someone saw him from outside. Basically he ended up with about 30 primary school kids shouting at him so he came down and gave us all autographs and took a picture with us (well I say everyone, but I was too shy to go up to him so he didn't see me).

He was a little surly and I heard him say "Bloody hell, how many of them are there?", but considering he had a load of kids shouting at him when he was probably trying to work I can see why... :rolleyes: it was nice of him to stop working and come down though.

Apart from that I haven't met anyone famous. I sat behind Chris Packham at a Bristol Uni open day in September but didn't speak to him. My sister has met Princess Anne, I think she was nice to her :tongue:
Original post by HistoryGeek93
My Grandad used to chauffeur people from Heathrow to their hotels. He once asked me this question:
"Do you know a singer called Justin Timberlake"
"Yeah..."
"Oh, I drove him to his hotel yesterday, very nice bloke.. very quiet, didnt know who he was though..."

This was when JT had some major records out!

My Dad also helped consierge some filming they were doing at his work which starred Keira Knightly, I whatched the filming but didnt meet anyone. Sh was staying at out local pub/hotel and decided to take a walk around the village. whilst she was out, i think my Dad popped up for a pint with a few work mates, he was walking back home when who should walk past but Keira herself. Thinking that Dad would recognise her from helping her at work, she says "Hello", dad says hi and continues home...
"Dad, Keira Knightleys staying at the pub"
"Who?"
"The one whos doing the filming, the one whos the girl in Pirates of the Carribean"
"Oh her... so thats whos just walked past me"

And Johnny Depp has a house like ten mins away from me, but im yet to meet him....

I love how nonchalant your family are about famous celebs :biggrin:
Original post by xelarose
I love how nonchalant your family are about famous celebs :biggrin:

Its no fun, when Ive only ever met Chico and some footballers when i was younger
I have never met her but this guy is an legend :'')
http://img.chan4chan.com/img/2011-05-05/1304613543567.jpg
Original post by SE9
all refs are *****, 14 or not

martin tyler's a hero

Because a grown man calling a 14 year old boy a useless **** (despite the fact the ref was right) is acceptable?

Martin Tyler was my hero too, he's from my town, supports my local team....I was so disappointed.
Original post by technoo
:shock: :shock:

lol I know :happy2:
Reply 195
Adebeyor, the ex-Arsenal and current Tottenham striker. Me and a few friends ran into him in Selfridges in London, and as you would asked for a photo, with the kindest of regards. (Most people just jump in asking for a photo, with no sympathies to celebrities). He simply walked away, and when we said 'thanks' admittedly in a sarcastic tone he turned around and said 'You're Welcome kids'.

On the other hand, Arsenal midfield Jack Wilshere is the polar opposite. Again with the same group of friends he sat and watched the same movie as us in our local Cinema, and after he asked us what we thought of the movie, and talked about Arsenal (as we're fans) and even got a few photos with us...
Reply 196
I served Keira Knightley in the restaurant I worked at over Christmas, very 'normal' and polite... Maybe the 'z - listers' get off more on being famous so get a kick out of being rude, think she just wanted a nice meal without any fuss.
Original post by Ed3003
I served Keira Knightley in the restaurant I worked at over Christmas, very 'normal' and polite... Maybe the 'z - listers' get off more on being famous so get a kick out of being rude, think she just wanted a nice meal without any fuss.

My dad talked to Kiera Knightley for 20 minutes outside a club before realising who she was!

He said she was a lovely woman, but dimensionally odd. :cool:
Reply 198
Original post by ConnorB
My dad talked to Kiera Knightley for 20 minutes outside a club before realising who she was!

He said she was a lovely woman, but dimensionally odd. :cool:

Hmm, meaning what exactly :question:
Original post by technoo
Hmm, meaning what exactly :question:

Incredibly tall, not to scale :colondollar:

Latest