The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7240
Original post by amish_tr
Nopz never been to UK before & this will be my first time... :smile:
Yupz have applied to Cardiff Univ also of Russell Group & hopefully soon will get my offer letter from them too... Yeah here the temp even reaches to around 45 deg in summer...
Charm how's Bangor University (Wales) if u ever have been thr??

Oh ok...so u lookin forward to comin here?
Ok thats good :smile:
Yeah I know...45 degrees is too high!!
Bangor uni is ok but it isn't as good as the russell group ones tho.

:smile: x
Reply 7241
Original post by shadowdweller
:hi:

I'm good! How're you? :smile:

Ah right :smile: I'm guessing you want to do something science/medicine related at uni?

I finished year 13 last year, on a gap year atm :smile: I did Maths, Geography & Computing (plus further maths & mandarin at AS).

Yeah wanna do medicine :smile:

Oh ok thats cool :smile: what course r u lookin to apply for at uni?

Original post by Charm999
Yeah wanna do medicine :smile:

Oh ok thats cool :smile: what course r u lookin to apply for at uni?

Have you looked at any unis for medicine? :smile:

Applied to do Computer Science in September :yy:
Glad to hear it :smile:

Of course! We're always winning :biggrin:

Then no comments lolzz the result will not change for boys ha ha... :biggrin:
good but how many games u girls have won till now..?:tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7244
Have you looked at any unis for medicine? :smile:

Applied to do Computer Science in September :yy:

Yeah I have looked at many unis like birmingham, UCL, cardiff and many others..

Computer sciences sounds interesting! :smile: what uni r u looking to apply to?

Then no comments lolzz the result will not change for boys ha ha... :biggrin:
good but how many games u girls have won till now..?:tongue:

In this thread? Or overall? I know we've won 11ish in this thread, but I'm not sure about overall :smile:
Reply 7246

Charm how's Bangor University (Wales) if u ever have been thr??

http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings

Bangor is ranked at 66 in the UK.

Reply 7247
In this thread? Or overall? I know we've won 11ish in this thread, but I'm not sure about overall :smile:

Overall we have won 40 times :biggrin:

Yeah I have looked at many unis like birmingham, UCL, cardiff and many others..

Computer sciences sounds interesting! :smile: what uni r u looking to apply to?

Oh, that's quite a range :smile:

Applied to Nottingham, Loughborough, Coventry, Staffordshire and Salford :smile:
Oh ok...so u lookin forward to comin here?
Ok thats good :smile:
Yeah I know...45 degrees is too high!!
Bangor uni is ok but it isn't as good as the russell group ones tho.

Yeah have listened a lot 'bou Russel Group & thr univ's as they are best among others...
You know i have a lil problem as right now I'm an engineering student of Computer Science & Engg. stream & also a fresher. So i can't apply to top B .Schools like Oxford, Cambridge becoz i dun have much experience. I can do MSc from those but i wanna pursue an MBA degree... :frown:
So that's why i am confused regarding univ's as i want to choose best one where a fresher can pursue his MBA...??? :confused:
Reply 7250
Oh, that's quite a range :smile:

Applied to Nottingham, Loughborough, Coventry, Staffordshire and Salford :smile:

Yeah its coz I'm not sure about where to apply :smile:

Oh ok...have u had any offers or interviews yet?

Lollzzz 11 ooppsss no no dun tell me overall then i got that surely now he he... :biggrin:
Overall we have won 40 times :biggrin:

Wow. I had no idea it was that high :woo:

Yeah its coz I'm not sure about where to apply :smile:

Oh ok...have u had any offers or interviews yet?

Ah, makes sense then. You're in year 12 I'm guessing? So there's still a while to decide :smile:

Yeah, had offers from everywhere except Stafford, not heard from there yet
Reply 7253
Yeah have listened a lot 'bou Russel Group & thr univ's as they are best among others...
You know i have a lil problem as right now I'm an engineering student of Computer Science & Engg. stream & also a fresher. So i can't apply to top B .Schools like Oxford, Cambridge becoz i dun have much experience. I can do MSc from those but i wanna pursue an MBA degree... :frown:
So that's why i am confused regarding univ's as i want to choose best one where a fresher can pursue his MBA...??? :confused:

Ooh ok...I understand. So i guess u have to apply to unis which arent in the russell group then...it doesnt matter a lot which uni u get ur MBA from. The thing that matters is that u get ur MBA. When u apply for jobs they don't really care about what uni u got ur degree from. So don't worry that much. http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings
This link will be useful to see what the ranking is for the unis u have applied to.

Reply 7254
Wow. I had no idea it was that high :woo:

Ah, makes sense then. You're in year 12 I'm guessing? So there's still a while to decide :smile:

Yeah, had offers from everywhere except Stafford, not heard from there yet

We are just really good at this game :tongue:

Yeah im in yr 12 :smile:
Thats good :smile: I'm sure you'll hear from them soon...what uni r u looking to go to?

Ooh ok...I understand. So i guess u have to apply to unis which arent in the russell group then...it doesnt matter a lot which uni u get ur MBA from. The thing that matters is that u get ur MBA. When u apply for jobs they don't really care about what uni u got ur degree from. So don't worry that much. http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings
This link will be useful to see what the ranking is for the unis u have applied to.

thnx for it Charm but i do check everyday this website & the other ones of FT, Guardian etc. rankings acc. to thr Business Studies... :smile:
I can get into a Russell Group Univ (Cardiff Univ) as it offers freshers an MBA degree... :smile:
But will choose from Cardiff, Coventry, Greenwich, Bangor,Stirling, Aberdeen that's confirm now i guess... :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)

We are just really good at this game :tongue:

Yeah im in yr 12 :smile:
Thats good :smile: I'm sure you'll hear from them soon...what uni r u looking to go to?

Well, that and we totally outnumber the guys :tongue:

Ah right :smile: Are there any unis you've seen that want to apply to?

Not sure yet, going to applicant/visit days in early Feb, so I'll make a decision after that :smile:
Reply 7257
thnx for it Charm but i do check everyday this website & the other ones of FT, Guardian etc. rankings acc. to thr Business Studies... :smile:
I can get into a Russell Group Univ (Cardiff Univ) as it offers freshers an MBA degree... :smile:
But will choose from Cardiff, Coventry, Greenwich, Bangor,Stirling, Aberdeen that's confirm now i guess... :smile:

No prob...thats really good :smile:
I think if u have to choose between those unis then pick either Cardiff, coventry or Aberdeen. They r better than the other unis that u have picked.

Yeah thats a good idea...I took a day off as well but I didnt revise :tongue: I'm sure u would revise if u take a day off!!

I'm good thanks...how r u?

I'm good, sorry for replying slowly though! :tongue:

Also "Hi" to Shadow & Jessem... :smile:
How's u all...??

Hi! I'm good, how are you?
Reply 7259
Well, that and we totally outnumber the guys :tongue:

Ah right :smile: Are there any unis you've seen that want to apply to?

Not sure yet, going to applicant/visit days in early Feb, so I'll make a decision after that :smile:

Lol yeah we do outnumber them :tongue:

I wanna apply to Birmingham and Cardiff cos i've seen both and I liked them.

Oh ok

Latest