The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aja89
Anne Hathaway will probably win for Les Mis and she can't have been in the film for more than fifteen minutes in total.

Are you serious?! From all the publicity, I assumed she was the main character. :dontknow:
Reply 8221
Original post by Plato's Trousers
Are you serious?! From all the publicity, I assumed she was the main character. :dontknow:

:ditto:
Reply 8222

Original post by Abiraleft
:ditto:

She's more of a catalyst/important character than a main one. I'll write in spoiler tags in case you don't want to know!

Spoiler

Original post by aja89
She's more of a catalyst/important character than a main one. I'll write in spoiler tags in case you don't want to know!

Spoiler

It's ok, I won't be going to see it. I hate musicals.

But thanks anyway :smile:
Reply 8224
Original post by aja89

Spoiler

Thanks for including spoiler tags; I guess I'll find out later. :colondollar:
Original post by Christien
Anyone who watches Zero Dark Thirty and comes away thinking it's any kind of endorsement of torture is mentally unsound and violently stupid.

How do you know? It's not released yet.

America? Screener?
Original post by danny111
America? Screener?

But you live in Zürich and presumably are not a member of an awards panel?
Reply 8229
I assume most have seen 'The Cove' by now, but I'd highly recommend it, alongside another documentary in a similar vein: 'Sharkwater'.
But you live in Zürich and presumably are not a member of an awards panel?

I haven't seen it. Was just a suggestion.
Original post by danny111
I haven't seen it. Was just a suggestion.

Sorry, just realised you're not the person I quoted! Duhh...

:getmecoat:
Sorry, just realised you're not the person I quoted! Duhh...

:getmecoat:

Lol I was a bit confused! That makes sense. But yes, realistically there are ways to see things.

Definitely a 'so bad it's good' (well good-ish) film. Worth seeing alone for how bad Sean Penn can be when he doesn't have the right script/material and direction behind him.

Hope you get to see Django to make up for it soon :tongue:
Reply 8234
Original post by Hugo Rune
Definitely a 'so bad it's good' (well good-ish) film. Worth seeing alone for how bad Sean Penn can be when he doesn't have the right script/material and direction behind him.

The plan is to see it on Monday, in the day time so most people will be at work! :rolleyes:
It's not hard to get screeners. I've already seen This is 40 and that doesn't come out here for months.
Reply 8236
Original post by Hugo Rune

Sean Penn's not good in it, then? :frown: He looked great in the trailer.
Reply 8237
Original post by Abiraleft
Sean Penn's not good in it, then? :frown: He looked great in the trailer.

So hammy I could have made enough sandwiches to last me a year.
Reply 8238
Original post by aja89
So hammy I could have made enough sandwiches to last me a year.

:lol: PRSOM!

Certain disreputable Academy members leak high-quality screeners for films around awards season annually. It's the most wonderful time of the year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending