The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
OMG i knew what i was doing but i just misread the question, How many marks was it and will i get any marks for the yield one
Original post by sykik
i got 18.something

Oh, sounds like you've made an error...what did you get for the Mr of 2Fe and 2FeCl3. 2 marks are hardly costly anyway :wink:
Reply 162
If i put 18.something in the yield one will i get the marks or is it for putting the right answer in
Original post by sykik
OMG i knew what i was doing but i just misread the question, How many marks was it and will i get any marks for the yield one

Yeah, you'll get a few mark(s) for the way you calculated the yield anyway, even if your answer to the above question was wrong...:rolleyes:
Reply 164
Original post by MajorRisk
Yeah, you'll get a few mark(s) for the way you calculated the yield anyway, even if your answer to the above question was wrong...:rolleyes:

Thnx for the info BTW what question did you find hard
Reply 165
BTW did u notice that there was an anomaly in the working out mean question
Reply 166
Original post by sykik

yes, you do not count that when working out the mean
Original post by sykik

yeh, i wrote 35 for the answer but i put a side note saying there was an anomaly so that may be chosen to be removed :/
Reply 168
Yessss :biggrin: most of the people in my school used the anomaly , i hope the grade boundaries are low due to these simple mistakes
Reply 169
For the equation you had to fill in about copper oxide or something, could you put word equation or had to put the formula
Reply 170
Ali and grammar12 did u mess up on any question?
Reply 171
Ali and grammar12 did u mess up on any question?
Original post by sykik

Yeah, the outlier was 42 or something like that. The answer was around 35 i think, can't really remember. I thought the hardest question was the kelp question, I put that it was also an economical issue and was also up to opinion...don't know if the first reason counted...

Also for the 1 mark equation with Sulfuric acid I put SO4 haha not H2SO4 - don't know why I missed that, as water is always produced with Metal oxide and acid, haha brain freeze!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 173
for the question- 'why did they heat the >>>>>> at stage one' I wrote in order the evaporate the water.
Original post by aroraair
for the question- 'why did they heat the >>>>>> at stage one' I wrote in order the evaporate the water.

I put that first, then crossed it out, as I remembered copper wasn't very reactive, so needs to be heated to speed up reaction...
Reply 175
For heating could you write about thermal decomposition as i didn't have a clue what to write
Original post by sykik
For heating could you write about thermal decomposition as i didn't have a clue what to write

I think you might be right...I can't remember exactly but I think it was a reversible reaction that was exothermic one way, so the answer was endothermic the other way...(Thermal Decomposition is an endothermic reaction) :smile:
Reply 177
OMG if that's right then it would be the biggest guess ever :biggrin:
Reply 178
BTW for the scientist one could you write that scientist can't accurately predict when the coal will run out and that new ores for copper are being found so i's unpredictable and also that whether people want eye sore scenery or less polluted environment it depends on them
So erm... physics next eh?

Latest