The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4180
Original post by Carecup

~snip~

Next anime chart for Spring tis up.

Well... That list mostly sucks... aside from Higurashi No Naku Third Season... whatever. And I rather see a sequel to Umineko.

The new Dragonball Z movie also interest me... mostly because it is done by Akira Toriyama for once, who has an absence in all DBZ movies and the horrible GT series.

It's going to make me upset once Psycho Pass ends. Oh well... Come on, Ghost in the Shell: Arise. Grace me with your presence this year ;-;
Reply 4181
Been watching light so far this season. Enjoyed Vividred so far; still hoping it stands up to the PV music. Tamako is alright, Sasami is pretty decent, Puchimasu episodes are too short, but fun. Haven't watched Nekomonogatari or the others I'd planned to, yet.

Edit: Oh yeah, and the newest Carnival Phantasm.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4182
I've finding myself watching less and less anime during the week due to work, and making up for this during the weekend. However, I have managed to pick up a fair few from the new season.

To start off, the first episode of Sasami@Ganbaranai was beautifully animated, and in the style we've come to associate with Shaft and its resident director, Shinbo. I'm a big fan of the studio largely because of how they're constantly developing their own distinctive and contemporary approach to animation, and thereby pushing the envelope in the process. However, I'm slightly concerned by the story with this one. Whilst such eccentricities are something we've come to expect from them, this episode seemed to be more style over substance, as it were, than anything else. The story was bordering on inconsequential, but still remained mildly interesting. I guess I should reserve judgement until I've seen more.

Vividred Operation oddly felt reminiscent of Gundam Age with the old scientist/genius grandfather using their grandson/daughter to save the world... If you get my drift. Even the colourful animation was similar. There's not much to say aside from that, it's all very standard affair, lending itself to a tried and tested formula. Still, the budget seems fairly big for this one, and I'm sure it'll be enjoyable enough to watch in the long run.

Kotoura-san's opening sequence was pretty powerful, and I genuinely felt compassion for our main character, even if that was the writer's intention (would people really be that judgemental and dismissive?). However, the latter half of the episode seemed to suggest that the drama will take a backseat in favour of a 'coming of age' format with mild humour and likely romance. I'm not adverse to this, though.

Amnesia's premise, as the name suggests, was about how the main character forgets everything. This premise alone made it somewhat interesting, and the bishie male characters were an added bonus. However, I'll need to watch a few more episodes to see where they take this.

Zettai Karen Children The Unlimited was surprisingly good. Having seen the original series that was ok but nothing special, I didn't expect to enjoy this one as much as I did. Having now seen two episodes, the action is fun to watch and the plot has enough intrigue to keep things interesting. It's nothing groundbreaking, by any stretch, but when compared to everything else offered this season, it's a definite keeper.

Senran Kagura could well be my guilty pleasure of the season. Not much to say regarding this one, only that I enjoyed it for what it was, and will probably end up keeping it on.

Edit: Ok, getting a bit tired of typing now. The others I'm following are Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai Next, Hakkenden Touhou Hakken Ibun, Love Live!, Da Capo III, Tamako Market, Chihayafuru Season 2, Mondaijitachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru Sou Desu yo, Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru, Maoyuu Maou Yuusha and Nekomonogatari. May write my thoughts about them at some point this weekend, but probably not.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4183
Original post by Tabris

Edit: Oh yeah, and the newest Carnival Phantasm.

Can't find when this'll be out. Although I assume UTW will sub it when it is out.

Original post by Ammish
Well... That list mostly sucks... aside from Higurashi No Naku Third Season... whatever. And I rather see a sequel to Umineko.

I honestly hope that doesn't happen. Until DEEN gives the rights to Umineko Chiru away I'd rather they just keep milking the Higurashi cash cow.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4184
Original post by Carecup
Can't find when this'll be out. Although I assume UTW will sub it when it is out.

It's been out since the 16th. It introduces three new characters. Pretty funny, but not quite as laugh out loud or slapstick funny as previous episodes.

I'd expect subs to be out soon though, just got to wait for a decent quality BDMV to come out.
Original post by Carecup
I honestly hope that doesn't happen. Until DEEN gives the rights to Umineko Chiru away I'd rather they just keep milking the Higurashi cash cow.

:ditto: This.

As for my early thoughts on this season (from best to worst), Chihayafuru 2 and Cuticle Tantei Inaba are spectacular, Haganai NEXT and Minami-ke Tadaima are amusing, I'm having the same style-over-substance worries as Aiko when it comes to Sasami-san, Maoyuu's pacing isn't great but I'm sticking with it as the premise is interesting... and based on the first episode Mondaiji-tachi will be filling the 'guilty pleasure' slot. :p:
started rewatching Kenichi today, not as good as the first time watching it, but still has its epic moments, shed some manly tears after that fight with the boxer :cry2: :h:

ahh forgot how this was a pretty good comedy show as well :laugh:

Original post by Carecup
I'm glad I'm not the only one who's routing for the best girl of the show.

But its this guy we're talking about so Aoyama won't win.

:five:

:laugh: of course :sigh:
(edited 11 years ago)
Anyone seen Fate Stay Night? I give it a 9/10 Really great anime and getting the visual novel now, the ending really made me sad and when I found the original story is different from the visual novel it was made from, I downloaded the Visual novel. Looks good, just about to start it now :P.
I reached 7 months of anime watched. :proud: And exactly one year after I reached 6 months!

That wasn't entirely intentional (I've not been closely monitoring my viewing for the whole year or anything :p:), but after I realized how close I was to the milestone last night, I did have a bit of a last minute marathon to help me get there. :yes: Over the past two days, I watched:

10 episodes of A Little Princess Sara (which is really starting to get good!)

8 episodes of One Piece (flashback episodes~)

5 episodes of Asura Cryin' (that show was AWFUL - probably won't bother with the sequel)

1 episode of Hyouge Mono (one day this series will be fully subbed...)

Both the Sankarea OVAs (the second was pretty bad. :s:)

The first episode of the Kokoro Connect: Michi Random OVA (looks promising so far!)

The Five Star Stories OVA (made no sense, but pretty characters and Norio Wakamoto more than made up for that!)

And the most recent eps of Bakuman, Uchuu Kyoudai, Ixion Saga DT, Little Busters!, Shin Sekai Yori and Magi.
nice one AJ :yeah: i passed 4k eps the other day, aiming to reach 5k by the end of the year :cool:

i thought Asura Cryin was decent :puppyeyes:

another great ep of Pet Kanojo :h: Sorata's dad :awesome:

Spoiler

Reply 4190
Original post by Xmarksthesh0t
Anyone seen Fate Stay Night? I give it a 9/10 Really great anime and getting the visual novel now, the ending really made me sad and when I found the original story is different from the visual novel it was made from, I downloaded the Visual novel. Looks good, just about to start it now :P.

Get ready for some hardcore mana transfer action.
Original post by Carecup
Get ready for some hardcore mana transfer action.

Is it that bad? Also how long does it take to come lol? I have played for over 5 hours and nothing here yet :P.
Reply 4192
Is it that bad? Also how long does it take to come lol? I have played for over 5 hours and nothing here yet :P.

Welp.
  
Original post by Carecup
Welp.

NO! Not in that way I just want to know when it comes so I can skip lol.
Also I think it destroys Saber's honorable and respected character- well at least a part of it.
Been watching Darker Than Black recently, and it's very good. The dialogue between the episodes is so heavy, and it fits it perfectly.

I've also just bought Texhnolyze. 'twas expensive :sad:
Original post by Drunk Punx
Been watching Darker Than Black recently, and it's very good. The dialogue between the episodes is so heavy, and it fits it perfectly.

I've also just bought Texhnolyze. 'twas expensive :sad:

I really enjoyed darker than black, but IMO ending was a bit weak but really great anime with heavy fighting scenes which also slowly bulids up my fav episodes start around 15 until the end.
I really enjoyed darker than black, but IMO ending was a bit weak but really great anime with heavy fighting scenes which also slowly bulids up my fav episodes start around 15 until the end.

Ahh, I haven't seen the ending yet, this is my first time round of watching it. Would you say series 2 is as good as the first?
Reply 4198
NO! Not in that way I just want to know when it comes so I can skip lol.
Also I think it destroys Saber's honorable and respected character- well at least a part of it.

You'll know when Saber's is if you've seen the anime, its in that little church thing that they hide out in after the Archer/Zerker fight.

And there's another one later although I can't remember when that happens.
Original post by Carecup
You'll know when Saber's is if you've seen the anime, its in that little church thing that they hide out in after the Archer/Zerker fight.

And there's another one later although I can't remember when that happens.

Oh that bit, when they are running away from Berseker and get into the little house where Archer told them to hide if there was a problem.
OK, thanks and do you play any other Visual Novels?

Latest