The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ethanethan
Yes i think you would! As they can't mark you wrong for the same thing twice!

Thank god!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes I would believe you should as long as you divide the actual yield by the answer from the previous question (Which I believe was the maximum yield and the answer 32.5g)

Original post by hannapoole
Will you still get a follow through mark for the percentage yield question if you got the previous question wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dalek1099
I agree that I think you won't loose a mark for writing N1 but I doubt the examiners would give you 4 out of 4 if you wrote C instead of Cu because that isn't the empirical formula of the compound.

yes I agree with you, C standing for carbon not copper. So that person would have wrote the wrong formula :smile:
Why does the catalyst last a long time?-I can't remember where it was in the paper though.

My answer was cause it isnt used up in the reaction, not sure if thats too simple or not. Question was left open for interpretation, wasnt a very good question really...
I wrote as a catalyst speeds up a reaction without being used up in the process thus remains chemically unchanged

Why does the catalyst last a long time?-I can't remember where it was in the paper though.
Original post by SportsFan
So I am correct, class mates marking me doubt myself
What do you think the grade boundaries for A8 and 100 UMS would be?
Thank You

I reckon A* will be like 46 or so, I personally think the paper wasn't very difficult. Just took a bit more application rather than just regurgitating, but if you knew your stuff it was easy.
Reply 246

For that I put because a catalyst doesn't get used up in a reaction ;D
The paper was generally easy. There were a few hard ones such as the energy (I wrote 300J as the answer), and there was one calculation I couldn't do, though I probably got 1-2 marks for working out, but apart from those it was an easy paper.
Anyone doing physics tommorow?
Original post by sneakbo2
I reckon A* will be like 46 or so, I personally think the paper wasn't very difficult. Just took a bit more application rather than just regurgitating, but if you knew your stuff it was easy.
Anyone doing physics tommorow?

Yeah, me - and is there an official thread yet ??
The hardest question/maybe not hardest but time consuming question was without doubt the six marker as it was out of the blue but I found it OK as it was just taking information from the table comparing the two on economic and environmental reason and I even gave my own opinion which one I felt was better.
Original post by Artsy
For that I put because a catalyst doesn't get used up in a reaction ;D

I don't think thats what they were looking for though because I have revised how catalysts can quickly become poisoned, when reacting with other substances than the ones in the wanted reaction.
Original post by Minecraft27
The paper was generally easy. There were a few hard ones such as the energy (I wrote 300J as the answer), and there was one calculation I couldn't do, though I probably got 1-2 marks for working out, but apart from those it was an easy paper.

I agree, but a lot of other people found it hard, so i think the boundaries could be as high as 50/60.

No Nanoscience!!! :mad:
No Idea
What do you think the six marker will be no one seems to be able to predict them I am expecting something like nuclear fusion and fission

Original post by MajorRisk
Yeah, me - and is there an official thread yet ??
Yeah what was up with that?
What did people get on the furnace question about silica and the question on GC-MS
I agree, but a lot of other people found it hard, so i think the boundaries could be as high as 50/60.

Wasn't keen on Nanoscience tbh, so im fine with that :smile:. No way it will be 50/60, it was 49 last year for a ridiculously easy paper, probably 45
Boundaries i thing will be A*- 44, A - 38 , B - 32, C - 26
If anyone is doing physics tommorow when you starting revising?
If these were the grade boundaries I would be so HAPPY!
Original post by Raasib21
Boundaries i thing will be A*- 44, A - 38 , B - 32, C - 26
If these were the grade boundaries I would be so HAPPY!

For me personally, they're realistic

Latest

Trending

Trending