The Student Room Group

Anyone have any 2013 UCAS regrets?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Cazza180
That must be so frustrating! Would be so much better if everyone applied for uni AFTER results. However, I think you can ring the uni if you've got an offer and ask to be considered for a different course. Perhaps worth a try with Durham?

I agree wholeheartedly, especially with one year courses! That's brilliant news, I will definitely give it a go! Thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 61
I've applied only to 3 unis with 5 courses and all are really close to home and not the best rated ones, but I wanted to be near home.
My courses want BBB-BBC, I wish I'd gone for higher to challenge myself cause I'm predicted AAB!
Applying to two Unis with MMI interviews...
I wish I had applied to Sheffield Hallam as well because Sheffield wants an A in English Language which I doubt I'll get. I really want to go to Sheffield as well :frown:.
Reply 64
I wish I didn't apply to Oxford Brookes. It was a bit of a wasted choice since it's not the university or the course I actually want :|
Reply 65
No regrets as such but wish I could have applied to Manchester- unfortunately I'm geographically limited (mature student) and it was just a bit too far away to commute.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 66
Original post by Imog
I wish I didn't apply to Oxford Brookes. It was a bit of a wasted choice since it's not the university or the course I actually want :|

echoed.
Double echoed ^^^ haha I'm from Liverpool why would I want do travel down south all of the time! I'm silly
I regret applying on UCAS with 120 UCAS points - hope it works out for me....
Strangely, the only university I regret applying to is Cardiff and as yet is the only one I've had an interview at. I felt at the interview they just were totally uninterested in me and all the hard work I put into it was thrown out of the window. Then I had an innundation of stupid emails over the christmas period with all the gory details of how many interviews and offers they've given, stressing me out. If it does come to the worst and I have to reapply, they're bottom of my list of places I would want to apply to.
Reply 70
I regret not applying to 'better' universities. My school's prediction policy is crap hence why I originally applied to good but not super awesome universities. But now when I see other applicants with worse AS grades but better predictions, I regret not applying to the better universities and not giving it a go. :frown:

I guess mine are respectable anyhow....
Reply 71
Original post by Cazza180
Bit of a random one.

I am doing English, and whilst I have 5 offers from good unis, I reaaaally regret not applying to Bristol because people told me I wasn't good enough :frown:

It really was one of my favourites, and maybe I wouldn't have got in, but I wish I has tried rather than just settling for unis that weren't as good for me.

Anyone else regret anything they did/didnt do?

I did this for a university but I instead applied to it anyway knowing that I wouldn't get in because I would have regretted it my whole life if I ended up not even trying. I got rejected in the end but at least I tried :smile:
Reply 72
I regret applying for geography. I emailed newcastle uni to see if I could swap one of my offers (I applied for 2 courses) for ancient history. So yeah, probably isn't likely they'll accept me with a personal statement which is totally irrelevant to ancient history :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 73
Regret not doing well enough in some of the exams last year. I guess S2 really has screwed me over for Cambridge.
No regrets this year :smile: last year I'd applied for a degree I didn't want to do, and to too many modern unis (personal preference; I like old buildings and the history of older universities)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 75
Original post by senz72
I regret not applying to 'better' universities. My school's prediction policy is crap hence why I originally applied to good but not super awesome universities. But now when I see other applicants with worse AS grades but better predictions, I regret not applying to the better universities and not giving it a go. :frown:

I guess mine are respectable anyhow....

I really hate this, and regrettably varying individual school policies can really disadvantage their students, and indeed advantage them. I think UCAS should enforce a prediction rule which means all school predictions are consistent!
Reply 76
I should have applied to Cambridge.
Reply 77
Wish I'd have researched a bit more before choosing and maybe going to visit some places :tongue: Also regret not applying to London universities just because my mum told me not too :rolleyes:
Reply 78
Original post by Selym95
I really hate this, and regrettably varying individual school policies can really disadvantage their students, and indeed advantage them. I think UCAS should enforce a prediction rule which means all school predictions are consistent!

Kind of agree and disagree. The only problem is that a smart kid could have achieved good grades but due to reasons (not considered to be exceptional circumstances) could have flopped his exams. If you get what I mean but other than this a prediction rule should be considered.
How the hell does someone with CCC grades get predicted AAB or something ridiculously high?!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 79
Really regret not applying to Cambridge and UCL. I love the uni's I've chosen but after visiting friends in London, I don't remember why I didn't apply.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending