The Student Room Group

Addicted to Revision! Bit of a weird thread!

Hello TSR,

As the title of my thread states, I would say that I'm addicted to revision!

I'm currently in Year 11 and I have been revising for about three months for my GCSE Exams in the Summer of 2013.

Every night I usually do between 2 - 4 hours of revision and around 4 - 6 hours of revision on Saturdays and Sundays.

The thing is, I feel like I'm doing something wrong and feel quite guilty when I'm having a break from revision. Sounds weird, I know. For example, if I was to watch TV for 30 mins I would feel bad that I hadn't spent that time revising.

I know this sounds absolutely crazy! I think most people have the opposite problem to me! Most people in my year at school haven't even started revision for their Summer Exams yet!

Does anyone else feel like this too? Don't really know what responses I'll get to this thread, if any!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by james-p
Hello TSR,

I'm currently in Year 11 and I have been revising for about three months for my GCSE Exams in the Summer of 2013.

Every night I usually do between 2 - 4 hours of revision and around 4 - 6 hours of revision on Saturdays and Sundays.

The thing is, I feel like I'm doing something wrong and feel quite guilty when I'm having a break from revision. Sounds weird, I know. For example, if I was to watch TV for 30 mins I would feel bad that I hadn't spent that time revising.

I know this sounds absolutely crazy! I think most people have the opposite problem to me! Most people in my year at school haven't even started revision for their Summer Exams yet!

Does anyone else feel like this too? Don't really know what responses I'll get to this thread, if any!

I wish I had your addiction :cry:

you Asian by anychance?
Reply 2
Haha! That actually made me laugh! No, I'm not Asian!
Its great you revise lots but you have to work in proportion remember over working is bad too! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Kajal Bhundia
Its great you revise lots but you have to work in proportion remember over working is bad too! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I know. However, when I stop working I feel bad - as if I should be working all the time!
Original post by james-p
Hello TSR,

The worlds best addiction goes to...

No, seriously I wish I had your addiction.
Well, you're probably gonna go pretty far with a work ethic like that :/ I only managed to get myself to revise in the week before all my exams, I can't imagine the self discipline you must have! What are your aims/aspirations?
Original post by james-p
Yes I know. However, when I stop working I feel bad - as if I should be working all the time!
The thing is that overworking is counterproductive so it's not exactly going to maximise your performance, you'd need to give yourself a break once in a while to do that. Good luck anyway :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Dr. Django
Well, you're probably gonna go pretty far with a work ethic like that :/ I only managed to get myself to revise in the week before all my exams, I can't imagine the self discipline you must have! What are your aims/aspirations?

Thanks very much, I've had a similar work ethic from when I first started school really.

Although, I'm not very ambitious in terms of aspirations. I want to be a teacher :smile:
Go outside for reasons other than school?
How long have you been revising for/since?
Reply 11
Original post by snailsareslimy
How long have you been revising for/since?

Sorry, not really sure what you mean.
Reply 12
Original post by Miracle Day
Go outside for reasons other than school?

Haha! That's what my mates would say! :tongue:
Reply 13
It was the opposite for me.
Original post by Kajal Bhundia

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't see why over-working should be bad.

Original post by james-p

This is a good thing, though perhaps it's superfluous at the GCSE stage. Just make sure you also remember how to have a life after exams, because in the end they aren't everything - but if they are for 5 months and you reap the rewards then good for you!
Reply 15
Original post by Big-Daddy
I don't see why over-working should be bad.

This is a good thing, though perhaps it's superfluous at the GCSE stage. Just make sure you also remember how to have a life after exams, because in the end they aren't everything - but if they are for 5 months and you reap the rewards then good for you!

Thank you very much. Some helpful advice given :smile:
Original post by james-p
Hello TSR,

Why dont you make a revision plan? Thats what stops me feeling like I should be revising, as I know what I need to do each day.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-S6500
I really wish I had your addiction, really. I envy you :tongue:

Think of it as a positive and don't feel guilty taking time off from revision. You'll be laughing your way to the exam room when the summer comes and make things much easier for you. Keep at it :smile:
Original post by james-p
Sorry, not really sure what you mean.

When did you start revising for GCSE's? Like start of term, Halloween etc.
Reply 19
Original post by snailsareslimy
When did you start revising for GCSE's? Like start of term, Halloween etc.

I started around October sort of time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending