The Student Room Group

A Level students,how many exam do you have in June?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chignesh10
What board do you do? I do OCR A.
Ah, I can see the reduction way of doing, it probably is a better answer than using ammonia. Yeah, why would you be able to detect ethene in IR?

AQA, because the bonds in ethene constantly vibrating, each bond can absorb different amounts of IR and and then transmit them. It's this characteristic that allows them to get detected.
Original post by SaFa1237
AQA, because the bonds in ethene constantly vibrating, each bond can absorb different amounts of IR and and then transmit them. It's this characteristic that allows them to get detected.

Thats what I was thinking, but I am not sure to what amount of detail I should answer to!

What was your offer?
Thats what I was thinking, but I am not sure to what amount of detail I should answer to!

What was your offer?

Don't worry, you'll kind of suss out how much they want to know, when they ask the question. AAA, hope it would have been lower but no. :frown:
Don't worry, you'll kind of suss out how much they want to know, when they ask the question. AAA, hope it would have been lower but no. :frown:

Hopefully! I am desperate for UCL as I was rejected from Oxford lol.
That should be alright, what are yopu predicted?
Original post by NaomiASuts
I have ASs, and I have 8 o-o
BIOL1 BIOL2
History Unit 1 and History Unit 2
GEO1 and GEO2
and Maths, S1 and C2

this is presuming I won't have to resit the C1 I've just had.

i have my history unit 1 in the morning on one day then a two hour geography exam straight after on my first set of exams. Not looking forward to that.

One of my friends had four exams last Tuesday. She was in exams from 8:20 until 4:00 with only a 30 minute dinner and a break to talk to the different exam venue in between each, I felt so sorry for her!

I'm in A2, so I'm gonna have a French Speaking and a Reading, Writing, Listening paper, then 1 history exam and 1 English Lit exam, i'm quite lucky that I don't have as many as a lot of people!
Original post by Robbie242
Mechanics unit 1 –P.M 13/05/2013 (CLASH 1)
Statistics Unit 1 –A.M 17/05/2013
Core Mathematics 2 A.M 24/05/2013 (CLASH 2)
Statistics unit 2 A.M 24/05/2013 (CLASH 2)
Further Pure Mathematics 1 –A.M 10/6/2013
History Unit 2: 22/05/2013 22/05/2013 P.M
Economics The national and international economy 13/05/2013 P.M (CLASH 1)

What is life... I mean seriously why are they all stacked and may and clash so damn often, from stats 2 to core 2 that's going to work a treat.

Are you on Edexcel for maths? Notorious for clashes, tomorrow I have C3 and M2 at the same time, it's ridiculous.
Hopefully! I am desperate for UCL as I was rejected from Oxford lol.
That should be alright, what are yopu predicted?

Aww :frown: I wanted to apply to Oxford but I didn't take m AS's seriously enough at the start and now I'm predicted AABB, I'm doing for A-levels even though I know I can get three A's cuz I got a high B in bio. Wbu? Let me guess at least A*AA? :biggrin:
Aww :frown: I wanted to apply to Oxford but I didn't take m AS's seriously enough at the start and now I'm predicted AABB, I'm doing for A-levels even though I know I can get three A's cuz I got a high B in bio. Wbu? Let me guess at least A*AA? :biggrin:

Well if you take them seriously, i bet you will get 3 A*s lol. You will easily get 3As.

lol, I am predicted 4 A*s , but I won't get that :tongue:
Well if you take them seriously, i bet you will get 3 A*s lol. You will easily get 3As.

lol, I am predicted 4 A*s , but I won't get that :tongue:

Hopefully, but three A*s is stretching it a little :P and I think you will, believe in yourself! :biggrin:
Hopefully, but three A*s is stretching it a little :P and I think you will, believe in yourself! :biggrin:

We shall see , did you have any january exams? If they went well, it will take the pressure off for June
does anyone know the dates for the summer exams:
OCR B Salters Chemistry: Unit 1(F331) and Unit 2
Edexcel Salters Biology: Unit 1 and Unit 2
Original post by JessicaNJ
does anyone know the dates for the summer exams:
OCR B Salters Chemistry: Unit 1(F331) and Unit 2
Edexcel Salters Biology: Unit 1 and Unit 2

Go on the website they have the dates

Posted from TSR Mobile
We shall see , did you have any january exams? If they went well, it will take the pressure off for June

Yep I had four, Biology, Psychology, Chemistry and German. Today was my last one and it was a psychology exam, I think it went okay probably get an A or B if I did do really bad and if I'm lucky an A*, the grade boundaries are quite low. I think I kinda flopped my Chemistry one though, I was so focused on getting an A* that I forgot to go over one simple detail on benzene chemistry properly and it came up! I also made a lot of stupid mistakes in that exam! :frown: Wbu?
(edited 11 years ago)
Yep I had four, Biology, Psychology, Chemistry and German. Today was my last one and it was a psychology exam, I think it went okay probably get an A or B if I did do really bad and if I'm lucky an A*, the grade boundaries are quite low. I think I kinda flopped my Chemistry one though, I was so focused on getting an A* that I forgot to go over one simple detail on benzene chemistry properly and it came up! I also made a lot of stupid mistakes in that exam! :frown: Wbu?

That's good for psychology! You are doing 4 A levels in 1 year!? Wow.

I have had 4 exams, physics chemistyr and 2 maths, i have another maths on monday. :frown:
That's good for psychology! You are doing 4 A levels in 1 year!? Wow.

I have had 4 exams, physics chemistyr and 2 maths, i have another maths on monday. :frown:

Thanks! And it's pretty common for some people to do four A-levels at my college. I have one guy in my chemistry class and he is so clever! He got a 100% in all his exams!
Do you do further Maths by any chance? Good luck for it! :smile:
Thanks! And it's pretty common for some people to do four A-levels at my college. I have one guy in my chemistry class and he is so clever! He got a 100% in all his exams!
Do you do further Maths by any chance? Good luck for it! :smile:

100% in all his exams! That is a joke :tongue:

Yeah I do, thanks.
4 exams
100% in all his exams! That is a joke :tongue:

Yeah I do, thanks.

No joke and do you want to know what he did in every single chemistry lesson? He would download games onto his graphics CALCULATOR! and Play games! Don't know how on earth he did that, how do you put games onto a calculator? :confused:
Provided that January goes as I planned; 7. C4, S2, FP2, M2, Physics G485, and General Studies units 3 & 4. But if I have to resit, it could be 10.
Reply 219
Econ Unit 2 AQA, Government and Politics Unit 2 Edexcel, History Unit 2 Edexcel (Britain 1830-70)

Quick Reply

Latest