The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What did everyone get for the energy change question on the reversible reaction section?

Was it 300J are released in the Exothermic reaction as well because it has to be equally Exothermic as it is endothermic?
Original post by BLTontour
EVERYONE I know got H+ + 0H- = H20. That is the neutralisation in the syllabus and revision guides.

Yeh I know, I checked when I got home aha, not to bothered about it...
Original post by JorgeCarter123
What did everyone get for the energy change question on the reversible reaction section?

Was it 300J are released in the Exothermic reaction as well because it has to be equally Exothermic as it is endothermic?

Yep that's what I got :biggrin:
Reply 423
why you heat for stage 1, could you write thermal decompistion
Reply 424
Original post by sykik
why you heat for stage 1, could you write thermal decompistion

it was because it was an exothermic reaction i put
Reply 425
Original post by BLTontour
I put both...:/

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I thought the process is called crystillisation but the answer should be evaporation
Reply 426
Original post by salem96
it was because it was an exothermic reaction i put

so is thermal decomposition right
Reply 427
Original post by sykik
so is thermal decomposition right

well no because thermal decomposition is a form of ENDOthermic reaction
Reply 428
Original post by salem96

oh well 1 mark have u revised for physics
Reply 429
Original post by sykik
oh well 1 mark have u revised for physics

yeh, should be ok but it will be the calculation questions that are going to save me haha
Reply 430
Original post by salem96
yeh, should be ok but it will be the calculation questions that are going to save me haha

Yh same here all i can do is maths and the science bits just confuse me
Reply 431
hmmm...2/3 of unit 2 aqa syllabus over and done with:'D.....now the results=^_^=
I hate AQA.
Reply 433
Original post by Artsy
It was a one marker, I put filtration in one then evaporation in other o.o

Yup thats right
Reply 434
Original post by DanTheMan358
Tbh as far as I can think of the a few 1 markers. The first question with the mean and the anomalous data (if that proves to be correct), the question asking the number of electrons in iodines outer shell, me be silly tried to count them instead of realising halogen is a halogen. And the asking for the ionic equation... had no idea what an ionic equation was so I put
(Na+OH-)+(H+Cl-) ---> (Na+Cl-) + (H+OH-), I then wrote the worded equation below.

I think the answer was just H+ + OH- --> H2O

Ahhhh right that shouldnt be tooooooo bad. I think I lost one mark for saying you heat the copper oxide with the acid to help it dissolve quicker and maybe one mark on the 6 marker because examiners probably wont give too many full marks. And I probably lost one mark somewhere else just as a normal candidate would.

Dont be worried, you probably will still come out with an a*
Original post by DanTheMan358
Yeh I know, I checked when I got home aha, not to bothered about it...

Its only one mark but the reverse reaction symbol was important because of the reaction type (dont know what that means but hey!) my teacher can be confuddling at times!
Reply 436
Original post by salem96

Yes the reaction was an ENDOthermic reaction because the question asked to suggest why the reaction was heated...
Reply 437
is any1 gona put up the unofficial mark scheme?
i really need it asap
Reply 438
Original post by sykik
I thought the process is called crystillisation but the answer should be evaporation

It is evaporated to aid crystallisation.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
That question about why hydrogen goes to the negative electrode!?if I said that hydrogen was a positively charged ion,would that be a mark?