The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by obdreno
I'm going to need it. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who put almost no effort in revision for this subject- to try and boost chemistry and biology grades of course. :facepalm:
Posted from TSR Mobile

oh god, i need an A average, haha :smile:
Reply 241
All the calculations stuff was easy. I did over complicate the 3rd last question, and ended up spending 10 minutes trying to figure it out. Realised 5 mins to the end of the exam what the answers were, but I was panicing too much to think clearly. Wrote whatever i saw on my calculator screen after crossing out around 50 other answers I had.

I know what the answer is, but my only issue is that ive completely forgotten what i put down as the answer. This not knowing thing is driving me nuts. Im 50% sure i did put the right answers, but the other half of me is confused as hell.

Other than that, it was all good. Eventhough, I hope the boundaries are low.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Jess_Hills
on the question about alpha decay, is the atomic number 2 and mass no. 2?? then do you take away the numbers when working out the decay??

Mass number was 4 and atomic number was 2. So:

222 218
Rn ----> Po + alpha particle
86 84
Original post by Illumin8
All the calculations stuff was easy. I did over complicate the 3rd last question, and ended up spending 10 minutes trying to figure it out. Realised 5 mins to the end of the exact what the answers were, but I was panicing too much to think clearly. Wrote whatever i saw on my calculator screen after crossing out around 50 other answers I had.

I know what the answer is, but my only issue is that ive completely forgotten what i put down as the answer. This not knowing thing is driving me nuts. Im 50% sure i did put the write answers, but the other half of me is confused as hell.

Other than that, it was all good. Eventhough, I hope the boundaries are low.

i had exactly the same problem!
on the question about working out the work done, i put the unit as Newtons so when i was checking through i nearly had a heart attack and changed it quickly!! haha, but i was a nervous wreck!! i was shaking. :smile:
Original post by shibucool
Mass number was 4 and atomic number was 2. So:

222 218
Rn ----> Po + alpha particle
86 84

oh crap, i put mass no as 2 and atomic no. as two, the got 220 Rn84 hopefully i'll get a mark or 2 :smile:
Exam was so HARD
i had exactly the same problem!
on the question about working out the work done, i put the unit as Newtons so when i was checking through i nearly had a heart attack and changed it quickly!! haha, but i was a nervous wreck!! i was shaking. :smile:

The answers I got were : 79200 coulombs, so 18216000 J
Reply 247
oh crap, i put mass no as 2 and atomic no. as two, the got 220 Rn84 hopefully i'll get a mark or 2 :smile:

I got that. It'll be 1 mark for 84. I meant to put 218.
Original post by SportsFan
Exam was so HARD

did you not do revsion or something, that was one of the easiest physics papers ive ever seen!!
Original post by SportsFan
Exam was so HARD

Everyone in my school found it easy, but I though chemistry yesterday was even easier
Reply 250
What did you guys put for the star question where it gave relative mass compared to the sun?
Original post by Kill3er
What did you guys put for the star question where it gave relative mass compared to the sun?

The bigger the mass the shorter the estimated million years period something...Wbu?
The bigger the mass the shorter the estimated million years period something...Wbu?

Same
Didn't think it went too badly but made more than a few stupid mistakes - e.g. Added the numbers in decay process, forgot arrow drawing variable resistor (I drew the line but not the arrowhead), etc. really annoyed as I had the knowledge but was stupid with some mistakes :frown:

Was so happy with the 6 marker though. Someone said yesterday it's meant to officially start at 1:30 but that's not the case is it? All of our afternoon exams start at 1:15?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 254

Yeah, i wrote that too, phew.
Was a bit worried because i originally thought the opposite.
Original post by Quantaˌ
I'm sure it did. I accidentally put 1.67 not 1.7.

Overall, the exam was much easier than the 2012 one and the specimen. I don't think I made many mistakes apart from little errors like the one above.

Same!
Can someone please put up a unofficial mark scheme
Reply 257
Original post by Jackwtaylor
Didn't think it went too badly but made more than a few stupid mistakes - e.g. Added the numbers in decay process, forgot arrow drawing variable resistor (I drew the line but not the arrowhead), etc. really annoyed as I had the knowledge but was stupid with some mistakes :frown:

Was so happy with the 6 marker though. Someone said yesterday it's meant to officially start at 1:30 but that's not the case is it? All of our afternoon exams start at 1:15?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it doesn't matter as long as it was somewhere in the afternoon. You may have started earlier depending on the amount of people doing the exam, how quickly you were all loaded in, etc.
For the very last question (thermistor) did you put: as the temperature increases the resistance decreases so therefore more current can flow through it.
Reply 259
For the very last question (thermistor) did you put: as the temperature increases the resistance decreases so therefore more current can flow through it.

Yeah :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending