The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RainbowWithAnI
I made a really stupid mistake...

There was a question with a pulley, one particle was on a ramp and the other was hanging over the edge (they were attached by a string over a pulley)

the one that was hanging pulled the other one up the ramp until it hits the floor and you had to work out how far the particle on the ramp travels. So I do all the complicated working out and get exactly 1/2 so I'm happy but I forgot to add on the distance it travels before the other particle hits the ground which they gave you in the question :facepalm:

Super :console:!

All the connected particles I did fine :h: but they has less marks for it this year!

Moments had 10 marks :cry2:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Super :console:!

All the connected particles I did fine :h: but they has less marks for it this year!

Moments had 10 marks :cry2:

moments is easy :yep:

there was a nasty vectors question in mine that I couldn't do :sad:
moments is easy :yep:

there was a nasty vectors question in mine that I couldn't do :sad:

This one wasn't :frown: I don't want to ask questions because I don't to know how much I got wrong :tongue:

Daaaaamn! This one was so much wordier..
This one wasn't :frown: I don't want to ask questions because I don't to know how much I got wrong :tongue:

Daaaaamn! This one was so much wordier..

you don't want to know? :tongue:

but moments is so simple, there's only 2 types of things you can do...
1. take moments about particular points
2. equate the up and down forces
Sorry i'm probably making you feel bad, I'll stop :angel:
you don't want to know? :tongue:

but moments is so simple, there's only 2 types of things you can do...
1. take moments about particular points
2. equate the up and down forces
Sorry i'm probably making you feel bad, I'll stop :angel:

this one was about forces being applied in places (not weights) and how bits are at turning points and determining mass of the rod etc.
Well well.
this one was about forces being applied in places (not weights) and how bits are at turning points and determining mass of the rod etc.

mine had some stupid ass question about find the equations of motion for particles... It's not in the spec, in any of the revision notes I've seen and as far as I'm aware, I was never taught it! 4 marks down the drain :bawling:
mine had some stupid ass question about find the equations of motion for particles... It's not in the spec, in any of the revision notes I've seen and as far as I'm aware, I was never taught it! 4 marks down the drain :bawling:

do you remember it?

Arsey's files don't open up for me
Original post by ipoop
Yes I'm saying you are watching football.

Whose housewife skills? Her skills are all I want. I want her. :daydreaming:
:bigsmile:

:love:

Original post by The Epicurean
I'm not watching football :no:

My housewife skills :flutter:
:nah::nah::nah::nah:

Original post by ipoop
But homosexuality/same gender sex is a sin. I want to go to heaven breh. :emo: Our love is doomed. :sigh:
I thought that you weren't religious though :hmmmm2: Also nobody really believes that :rolleyes: Only silly people :pierre:
^likes Bee's my sig?
OMG :gah: WOW! :gah::gah That is a beautiful sig :flutter:
Original post by ranbow99
^ What?! What is wrong with me having power? :hmmm:

Too old for this shizz anymore :emo:
20? 21? :teeth:

Original post by Potiron
I genuinely had thought that he was dead :ashamed2:

It actually took me sooo long to read all of the pages that I missed :grumble:

Spoiler

Arsey's files don't open up for me

Figure 5 shows two particles ,A and B, of mass 2m and 4m respectively, connected by
a light inextensible string. lnrtially A is held at rest on a rough inclined plane which is
fixed to horizontal ground. The plane is inclined to the horizontal at an angle a, where
tana=3/4. The coeffecient of friction between A and the plane is 1/4. The string passes over
a small smooth pulley P which is fixed at the top of the plane. The part of the string from
A io P is parallel to a line of greatest slope ofthe plane and B hangs vertically below P.
ihe system is released from rest with the string taut, with A at the point X and with B at a
height h above the ground.

For the motion until B hits the ground,
(a)giveareasonwhythemagnitudesoftheaccelerationsofthetwoparticlesarethe
same' (r)
(b) write down an equation of motion for each particle,
(c) frnd the acceleration of each particle.
particle B does not rebound when it hits the ground and I continues moving up the plane
towards P. Given that I comes to rest at the point I, without reaching P,
(4)
(d) find the distance XI in terms of y'r.
(6)
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by beeninetytwo

I thought that you weren't religious though :hmmmm2: Also nobody really believes that :rolleyes: Only silly people :pierre: OMG :gah: WOW! :gah::gah That is a beautiful sig :flutter:20? 21? :teeth:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Figure 5 shows two particles ,A and B, of mass 2m and 4m respectively, connected by
a light inextensible string. lnrtially A is held at rest on a rough inclined plane which is
fixed to horizontal ground. The plane is inclined to the horizontal at an angle a, where
tana=3/4. The coeffecient of friction between A and the plane is 1/4. The string passes over
a small smooth pulley P which is fixed at the top of the plane. The part of the string from
A io P is parallel to a line of greatest slope ofthe plane and B hangs vertically below P.
ihe system is released from rest with the string taut, with A at the point X and with B at a
height h above the ground.

For the motion until B hits the ground,
(a)giveareasonwhythemagnitudesoftheaccelerationsofthetwoparticlesarethe
same' (r)
(b) write down an equation of motion for each particle,
(c) frnd the acceleration of each particle.
particle B does not rebound when it hits the ground and I continues moving up the plane
towards P. Given that I comes to rest at the point I, without reaching P,
(4)
(d) find the distance XI in terms of y'r.
(6)

:lol: that's a big question :tongue:
^ doesn't know the answers to the big questions in life
^ but what are the big questions in life, no one knows and therefore there is nothing to know :h:

Had an RE mock as well today...
Reply 3176

I thought that you weren't religious though :hmmmm2: Also nobody really believes that :rolleyes: Only silly people :pierre: OMG :gah: WOW! :gah::gah That is a beautiful sig :flutter:20? 21? :teeth:

Spoiler

Because I'm atheist I should not believe that heaven exists and that homosexuality is sin? Can't I be a bigot and dream of eternal life? :puppyeyes:

Friday!! Friday!! Fun, fun, fun. :getmecoat:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ipoop
Because I'm atheist I should not believe that heaven exists and that homosexuality is sin? Can't I be a bigot and dream of eternal life? :puppyeyes:

Friday!! Friday!! Fun, fun, fun. :getmecoat:
I'm sorry :adore: You can believe anything you want to :h: However, it is not acceptable to believe that homosexuality is a sin :pierre:

Hugs on fridays! :hugs:
OMG :gah: WOW! :gah::gah That is a beautiful sig :flutter:

Spoiler

Why thank you! :biggrin:

Spoiler

IKR! looking forward to the weekend so much :yep:
Reply 3179
I'm sorry :adore: You can believe anything you want to :h: However, it is not acceptable to believe that homosexuality is a sin :pierre:

Hugs on fridays! :hugs:

Of course homosexuality is not a sin. However, same gender sex is.:fuhrer: They must repent in the name of the Lord Jesus. He may have died for their sins, but it is no excuse to sin in such a kinky, fun and pleasurable way!! :fuhrer:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest