The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Well what about them.........they can be just as good or better then guys.
According to some research at the end of 2013 they expect there to be more female gamers then male gamers for the first time.
Reply 81
Original post by Iqbal007
Well what about them.........they can be just as good or better then guys.
According to some research at the end of 2013 they expect there to be more female gamers then male gamers for the first time.

They've been saying that for the past 5 years now. Apparently, it's just sales figures showing lots of females (mostly girlfriends & mothers) purchasing games for guys or their kids.. and a few get games for themselves lol.

Only platform I can see more female gamers on than guys would be iphone games, tablets, paracetamols w/e they're called nowadays.
Reply 82
Nothing wrong with it. Why should playing games be defined by your gender?
If you enjoy playing games, play them.
Don't let other people define you. Simply be yourself.

I play DDR/ITG. Is it typically a guys game? No. Do I still play it? Of course I do
Why should it make a difference what gender you are?

I can't stand girls who make posts pointing out that they are a girl who games.. That is just seeking attention from guys
Original post by noggins
They've been saying that for the past 5 years now. Apparently, it's just sales figures showing lots of females (mostly girlfriends & mothers) purchasing games for guys or their kids.. and a few get games for themselves lol.

Only platform I can see more female gamers on than guys would be iphone games, tablets, paracetamols w/e they're called nowadays.

:rofl:
Reply 85
Original post by xXHolly_90Xx
Why should it make a difference what gender you are?

I can't stand girls who make posts pointing out that they are a girl who games.. That is just seeking attention from guys

This.
Reply 86
I'm engaged to a girl who play video games. It is pretty awesome so far.

I have no issues with girl gamers... most of the time. Some of them... do get on my nerves. But that is because they use their gender as a form of attention and that just makes me put them on ignore mode. I doubly ignore them if they state "Call of Duty" is their favourite title, like it makes my boner as hard as a male corpse.

Other than that? I wish there were more of them. It is interesting to see from their perspective and it makes social gaming a little more different for myself.
Best way for an average looking girl to do well relationship wise I've noticed. They're not very good tho. I used to have to hold up the field in mario kart for the fist 2 laps for my first gf to finish in 2nd so after I overtook her on the last lap.
My mum actually used to play games like World of Warcraft, Tomb Raider and Spyro so to me there is nothing unusual about females playing games. I've also grown up with two brothers who regularly play computer and Xbox games so guess that's been a large influence.
Never used to like games involving guns/war and violence so much so played things like Spyro from a really young age then sims and Skyrim later on though I got really addicted to grand theft auto / Left for Dead / Battlefield and now when i have a few spare hours in the day that's what ill be doing.
I think I've played so much that I've actually become pretty good in most games ie BF3 and come first in most matches i play meaning im beating about 12 other people haha however i don't tend to play competitively its kinda just a hobby.
Don't see anything wrong with females playing games at all. Don't think its that unusual any more either as i have a few female friends that play computer/PS3/Xbox games.
Also gives me and my boyfriend more to talk about and we can play games together which is nice :smile:
Reply 89
Got no problem with it as long as they don't try and use their gender to draw attention to themselves or to get ahead. There are many people who say "Playing farmville doesn't make you a gamer" which is true but this applies equally to both genders, not just girls. There's no reason they can't be just as good at games as guys, and I am particularly against the horrific verbal abuse many suffer on Xbox Live. http://fatuglyorslutty.com/ highlights much of it.
Original post by miser
Girl gamers are hot. :^_^:

Virgin detected. Girl gamers, like girls who enjoy lad banter, football, 'hanging out with the guys' and so forth- are usually attention whores.

I wouldn't date a girl gamer, because I don't give a **** about videogames.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 91
Original post by philistine
Virgin detected. Girl gamers, like girls who enjoy lad banter, football, 'hanging out with the guys' and so forth- are usually attention whores.

You wouldn't date someone who has an interest you don't like? Bit shallow.

Not a fan of football but I've been gaming for years and much prefer hanging around with guys than girls. I'm an introvert and the absolute opposite of attention whore. Generalising will get you nowhere.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 92
Original post by philistine

I don't know any girl gamers who enjoy "lad banter."
Original post by F Ellen
You wouldn't date someone who has an interest you don't like? Bit shallow.

No, it isn't. You should get yourself checked for mental incontinence for that remark.

Original post by F Ellen

Not a fan of football but I've been gaming for years and much prefer hanging around with guys than girls.

Just keep waving that red flag.

Original post by F Ellen

I'm an introvert and the absolute opposite of attention whore.

So say the attention whores.

Original post by F Ellen

Generalising will get you nowhere.

I respectfully disagree.

Original post by miser
I don't know any girl gamers who enjoy "lad banter."

You are literate, are you not? That isn't what I said at all. The key to understanding that was the qualification 'like'.
Que girls begging for attention by announcing how game-orientated they are... ^.^

NEG IT BITCHE'ZZZZ!
Has anyone seen this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21116544

:sogood:

I love the sound of there being more girl gamers ! It adds more variety I guess!
Very much doubt it'd make a difference, might bruise their pride a little if you beat them but they'll get over it :p: .

One thing I do hate (not saying this is you at all btw, the thread title just reminded me of it) is when some girls try to make it such a big thing that they game, it's almost like they only do it for some kind of attention lol.
I love playing games, have since I was around 5 and the other day my flatmate goes to me "I'm so jealous your a girl who plays games, that's so cool. I wish I could." I was like WTF, what's stopping you? She goes she's no good so she'd be embarrassed playing with the guys... jeez. I offered to let her play some of my games- she reckons that would be too much work :rolleyes:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by discomposure
Very much doubt it'd make a difference, might bruise their pride a little if you beat them but they'll get over it :p: .

One thing I do hate (not saying this is you at all btw, the thread title just reminded me of it) is when some girls try to make it such a big thing that they game, it's almost like they only do it for some kind of attention lol.
I love playing games, have since I was around 5 and the other day my flatmate goes to me "I'm so jealous your a girl who plays games, that's so cool. I wish I could." I was like WTF, what's stopping you? She goes she's no good so she'd be embarrassed playing with the guys... jeez. I offered to let her play some of my games- she reckons that would be too much work :rolleyes:

Why should it bruise someones ego. Its a game if shes good at it shes good.

I must agree though you get it on MMORPG's a lot, girls using their gender to try get things from the male members. I don't care if their a girl or a guy or a freaking alien. If they can play then sweet.
Original post by Malevolent
Why should it bruise someones ego. Its a game if shes good at it shes good.

I must agree though you get it on MMORPG's a lot, girls using their gender to try get things from the male members. I don't care if their a girl or a guy or a freaking alien. If they can play then sweet.

I meant that in a jokey way, some people do take games very seriously and get a little tetchy if they're beaten (I can be a pretty bad loser myself :p: )- I've also found a couple of guys that have being awfully patronising about it trying to say they went easy on me because I'm a girl :lol: . But hey, most reasonable people don't give a damn.

I agree completely, people should just play because they enjoy it.
Reply 99
I'm fine with girl gamers as long as they don't constantly bring up their gender. Unfortunately, that's what most of them do.

"hai guiz, im le gurl gamer and I play halo, do u love me yet? xD hehe"

Die.

Latest