The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shibucool
Yeah but having an open switch will break an circuit as the current can't pass through

I give up
Original post by NightStrider
I give up

It has to be a mistake. Maybe the person forgot to turn the switch on so therefore it has to be a mistake.
It has to be a mistake. Maybe the person forgot to turn the switch on so therefore it has to be a mistake.

Just chill. There will probs be more than two answers on the mark scheme. So both of you might get the marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 483
I reckon the grade boundaries will be similar to this:
A*-45/60
A-38/60
B-30/60
C-22/60

Posted from TSR Mobile
3kN x 25m = 75000J
0.2 (forgotten)
3.8 (half life)
0.3V /0.008A = 37.5 ohms
1/0.04 (wave duration (4*0.01)) = 25 hertz
(7.5m/s - 0m/s) / 3s = 1.7 m/s/s (to 2 sig figs)
2.5m/s x 3s = 7.5 meters
11A x 2 x 60 x 60 = 79200 coulombs
79200C x 230v = 18216000 Jewles
Original post by Beat
Working out the distance between K and J.

It was:

5 x 3 = 15
15 / 2 = 7.5m.

Why would you divide by 2? 15m is the answer, isn't it?

Speed = distance/time so distance = speed * time
so, 5m/s * 3s = 15

No need to divide by 2?
Original post by Cruckshank

so, 5m/s * 3s = 15

No need to divide by 2?

Because it was an area of a triangle. So (b x h)/2
Reply 487

so, 5m/s * 3s = 15

No need to divide by 2?

You had to work out the area of the triangle under the graph, because it was accelerating, not at a constant speed.

so, 5m/s * 3s = 15

No need to divide by 2?

Because it was a triangle and the area of a triangle is base x height divided by 2 so it was 7.5m

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 489
Because it was an area of a triangle. So (b x h)/2

Actually you're wrong, the area of a triangle is 1/2*b*h
Original post by Rohan97
Actually you're wrong, the area of a triangle is 1/2*b*h

No i'm not. (5 x 3) / 2 = 7.5
Ah wow. Two stupid mistakes...Lost at least 2 marks on the paper for stupid reasons...Not seeing that it said 2 sig. fig and then not dividing by 2..
Reply 492
No i'm not. (5 x 3) / 2 = 7.5

I was messing...
Reply 493
Original post by rihannagirl
what did everyone get for the oil drops? did a>b show car slowing down or speeding up? i put slowing

It accelerated because gaps between oil progressively increased
Reply 494
the area of a triangle 1/2 base x height so therefore the base of the full triangle was 6 and the height was ten, therefore you had to half 6 and times that by 10. The answer was 30m. well thats what our physics teacher told us. I didnt put that though:/
Original post by BLHolyoak
the area of a triangle 1/2 base x height so therefore the base of the full triangle was 6 and the height was ten, therefore you had to half 6 and times that by 10. The answer was 30m. well thats what our physics teacher told us. I didnt put that though:/

No the base was 3 as it took 3 seconds. The height was 5 because it went 5m/s. So (5 x 3)/2 = 7.5
Reply 496
Would you get the mark for either writing force due to gravity and weight for the first question as they are both the same thing?
Weight isn't the same thing as gravity O.O
Reply 498
yes but you had to extend the triangle apparently? this is what our physics teacher told us but he isnt very good so i wouldnt trust him haha. And to work out the distance travelled you have to count the squares underneath the triangle to work out the area because that is the distance travelled? im not sure
Original post by Beat
I never got taught on how to convert it. I know a lot of people did x 2 though as it was 2 hours. Doubt we'll lose many marks.

I'd think it not too hard to convert, 60 minutes in an hour and 60 seconds in a minute?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending