The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by ThatGirlx
Awh thats what I put down at first too! But I think it specifically meant another factor affecting braking distance so I wrote surface of the road e.g icy conditions

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

What do you think the boundaries will be? I made so many silly mistakes in this I have probably lost 15 - 20 marks! Do you think that could be an A?
Wtf why is everyone arguing about the first question
the anawer is gravity.
Reply 582
Wtf why is everyone arguing about the first question
the anawer is gravity.

because the answer is weight, not gravity
Reply 583
i'm going to make MY mark scheme not, please be patient
THIS WILL SETTLE EVERYTHING!! THIS IS A QUESTION IN THE P2 JUNE 2009 PAPER (OLD SPEC):
The diagram shows a steel ball-bearing falling through a tube of oil.The forces, L and M, act on the ball-bearing- 'What causes force L?' (FORCE L IS FACING DOWNWARDS)

ANSWER IS (IN MARK SCHEME):
gravity/ accept weight
do not accept mass /
accept gravitational pull/
Did anyone else forget to change 2 hours into seconds in that question about charge and potential difference?
Original post by Dalek1099
yep

What did you write for this terminal velocity question about go-karts cause I didn't even know it was about terminal velocity!
Original post by IsaacIIV
because the answer is weight, not gravity

Gravity is the answer my teachers told me. Maybe weight will be accepted too. Idk we'll see when we get the results. But it's only one mark yet i've seen pages and pages about this question
Original post by Ciaranissocool
Did anyone else forget to change 2 hours into seconds in that question about charge and potential difference?

Yes I did as well but we will only will lose around 2 marks for it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 589
Original post by Ciaranissocool

I changed it into minutes.
Original post by infamous123
THIS WILL SETTLE EVERYTHING!! THIS IS A QUESTION IN THE P2 JUNE 2009 PAPER (OLD SPEC):
The diagram shows a steel ball-bearing falling through a tube of oil.The forces, L and M, act on the ball-bearing- 'What causes force L?' (FORCE L IS FACING DOWNWARDS)

ANSWER IS (IN MARK SCHEME):
gravity/ accept weight
do not accept mass /
accept gravitational pull/

THANK YOU. The answer is gravity yet weight would be accepted in 'additional guidance'
Original post by Sh4hid96
What do you think the boundaries will be? I made so many silly mistakes in this I have probably lost 15 - 20 marks! Do you think that could be an A?

I think 47/60 for A*
And 40/60 for A
what were the two things wrong with that circuit ? i got the voltmeter and ammeter were the wrong way round ?
Reply 593
I think 47/60 for A*
And 40/60 for A

I agree. Around 39 - 41 for an A, 46 - 48 for an A*.
I found it OK, but not insanely easy. Hoping for a B or above.
Reply 594
Original post by techno836
what were the two things wrong with that circuit ? i got the voltmeter and ammeter were the wrong way round ?

The switch was open.
Voltmeter in series.
Ammeter in parallel.

I think there was some others but there's a large debate over it.

I also put an open switch as well, but don't know if that will be accepted.

As long as you wrote them seperately and used more scientific key words thats right
E.g. Voltmeter is connected in series
Ammeter is connected in
Parallel

I got that, but I couldn't think of a second thing, so I made a wild guess and said that the diode was the wrong way round. Lame I know, but you never know, it might just be right.
Reply 598
Original post by shibucool
I also put an open switch as well, but don't know if that will be accepted.

Well an open switch is an incomplete circuit, I'm presuming it'll be worth 1 mark.
Original post by Beat
I agree. Around 39 - 41 for an A, 46 - 48 for an A*.
I found it OK, but not insanely easy. Hoping for a B or above.

The answers bloody gravity, so stop arguing weight. If you put weight there is clearly not intelligence in that brain

Latest

Trending

Trending