The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

e) A teacher used a guiger counder to measure the ratiation, why did the results vary?
Readings different because of different conditions/ cosmic radiation from the sun varies.

I put radioactive decay is random
Original post by NightStrider
e) A teacher used a guiger counder to measure the ratiation, why did the results vary?
Readings different because of different conditions/ cosmic radiation from the sun varies.

Yeah, so did i
Original post by Davothebigafro
Yeah, so did i

But is it correct ?
Original post by NightStrider

check my original post at the start, random is correct
Original post by Mrkingpenguin
check my original post at the start, random is correct

Oh, didn't see that. Thanks!
Reply 725
Original post by Dalek1099
I doubt it will be that high-Although, the test was easy most of the easiness was because we had revised and understood the content of the exam- many things to trip people up like oil drops and last question calculations etc.It wasn't that much easier than the past paper in May 2012 but because I was nervous and scared you could say I was expecting a hard paper and to struggle and because I didn't struggle at all it made the paper appear easier than it was.Grade boundaries for an A* are unlikely to be 50+ -I predict 48 for an A* and 56 for CAP(100 UMS) but I was completely wrong for the unit1s in June and it turned out the papers were a lot harder than we thought.

Do you remember at all how many marks the half life question was? I remember it as being 2?
Original post by lolface32
Do you remember at all how many marks the half life question was? I remember it as being 2?

Yeah it was 2 marks. 1 mark for drawing the line on the graph and 1 mark for getting the answer 3.8.
Reply 727
Original post by shibucool
Yeah it was 2 marks. 1 mark for drawing the line on the graph and 1 mark for getting the answer 3.8.

What did you put for the one why background radiation isn't harmful to people?
Original post by Sh4hid96
What did you put for the one why background radiation isn't harmful to people?

Because different people have different lung capacity, lol definitely got that wrong. Wbu?
Reply 729
Original post by shibucool
Because different people have different lung capacity, lol definitely got that wrong. Wbu?

I just wrote that background radiation isn't harmful as it isn't very ionising! Most probably got it wrong too! There were some tricky 1 markers in there. I also made some stupid mistakes like the one where you had to work out the distance and velocity of the graph. I done the calculations the wrong ways around for both! I know I have definitely lost 10 marks in there. What did you put for the bigger star creates heavier elements. Was it because fusion is faster? And for the reason I put bigger starts have a greater input energy.
I've dropped about 7 silly marks, hope the grade boundaries are low
Reply 731
what will the grade boundaries be for an A? I hope like 42!
Reply 732
Original post by lolface32
what will the grade boundaries be for an A? I hope like 42!

Most probably. I can't see it being anymore than that! I think A will be 40 and A* 49. Last year A* was 41 so I can't see A being more than 42!
Reply 733
Original post by Sh4hid96
Most probably. I can't see it being anymore than that! I think A will be 40 and A* 49. Last year A* was 41 so I can't see A being more than 42!

yeah, I dropped 10 marks because of the most stupidest reasons, significant figures and HALF LIFE QUESTION:mad:,but I don't think I have lost more than 10 marks. I hope not at least!
i reckon 47 A* as people made a lot of silly mistakes
Reply 735
Original post by Efemena15
Dropped about 10 marks, awful!

i dropped about 8-10 marks too. only silly mistakes though i knew all the content. that should be at least an A though ?:smile:
im sorry but you missed out a question. the one about the main resistive force on go kart x??? could you please answer it please
Reply 737
Original post by Davothebigafro
i reckon 47 A* as people made a lot of silly mistakes

i think thats too low:s-smilie:. probably be 50-52 for an A*,
Reply 738
Original post by ibraheemfazaldin
im sorry but you missed out a question. the one about the main resistive force on go kart x??? could you please answer it please

i think the answer for that is air resistance or drag. i missed that mark though, first i wrote air resistance then crossed it out and wrote 'speed' LOL i dont know what was going on in my head :frown:
Original post by tgbyhn
i think the answer for that is air resistance or drag. i missed that mark though, first i wrote air resistance then crossed it out and wrote 'speed' LOL i dont know what was going on in my head :frown:

I think it is air resistance too - I seem to remember something in the spec saying it has a bigger effect than friction

Latest

Trending

Trending